HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalev will play tonight!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-15-2004, 12:22 PM
  #1
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Kovalev will play tonight!!!!!!!!!!

From Tsn: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=80240

Kovalev had a bandage over the knuckles of his right hand, although he insisted he will play.

``It's a little bruised,'' he said. ``The only concern is how it will feel when I grab the stick and take a shot because it's right in the place where you hold the stick.''

Great news.

Like John Garret said on hockey central this afternoon "Kovalev wil be hungry after the incident last game"-not actuall quote, but something along those lines.

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 12:32 PM
  #2
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Hopefully he's pissed and answers his critics like Ribeiro did.

Assuming he's playing, I'm looking forward to Komisarek clearing the Mike Knuble's of the world out of crease this evening.

habfan4 is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 12:35 PM
  #3
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4
Hopefully he's pissed and answers his critics like Ribeiro did.

Assuming he's playing, I'm looking forward to Komisarek clearing the Mike Knuble's of the world out of crease this evening.
Same here, i hope Komo uses his body within reason though. If he runs around looking for hits, hes gona caught outa position and could cost us a goal.

If he lands one though, its a completely different story!

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 12:38 PM
  #4
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 20,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Same here, i hope Komo uses his body within reason though. If he runs around looking for hits, hes gona caught outa position and could cost us a goal.

If he lands one though, its a completely different story!
I wonder who Komi will play with?

Souray-Komisarek
Markov-Rivet
Bouillon-Brisebois

will probably be the defense pairings, I just don't like the bouillon-brisebois duo,

417 is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 12:39 PM
  #5
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
I wonder who Komi will play with?

Souray-Komisarek
Markov-Rivet
Bouillon-Brisebois

will probably be the defense pairings, I just don't like the bouillon-brisebois duo,
I like that, he played real well with Souray near the end of the season.

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 12:43 PM
  #6
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Same here, i hope Komo uses his body within reason though. If he runs around looking for hits, hes gona caught outa position and could cost us a goal.

If he lands one though, its a completely different story!
Hopefully he'll play within his current limitations, but he should have an opportunity to use his size given that the Bruins like to cycle the puck down low and crash the net.

The only worry I have is that he gets caught out there against the Nylander line. Samsonov and Nylander can turn on a dime and have the potential to make veteran d-men look foolish, to say nothing of rookies like Komisarek.

habfan4 is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 12:46 PM
  #7
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4
Hopefully he'll play within his current limitations, but he should have an opportunity to use his size given that the Bruins like to cycle the puck down low and crash the net.

The only worry I have is that he gets caught out there against the Nylander line. Samsonov and Nylander can turn on a dime and have the potential to make veteran d-men look foolish, to say nothing of rookies like Komisarek.
I think Souray Komo should match up against the Thornton line, where as Rivet-Markov should match up against the Samsanov line. The more experienced duo of Markov-Rivet should be able to handle samsonov line, where as the the other duo should be able to handle the size of the Thornton line.

Is that what your thinking?

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 12:47 PM
  #8
Mr Brownstone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: 596 miles away
Country: United States
Posts: 4,904
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
Of course Kovalev will play...he was never hurt.

Mr Brownstone is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 12:49 PM
  #9
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresIn05
Of course Kovalev will play...he was never hurt.
Oh please, dont even start that.

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 12:49 PM
  #10
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 20,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
From Tsn:
Kovalev had a bandage over the knuckles of his right hand, although he insisted he will play.
That should silence all the critics. Kovalev is one tough hombre all right.

Blind Gardien is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 12:50 PM
  #11
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
That should silence all the critics. Kovalev is one tough hombre all right.
whats a hombre?


Ahhh what ever, i agree.

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 12:52 PM
  #12
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
I think Souray Komo should match up against the Thornton line, where as Rivet-Markov should match up against the Samsanov line. The more experienced duo of Markov-Rivet should be able to handle samsonov line, where as the the other duo should be able to handle the size of the Thornton line.

Is that what your thinking?
Along those lines - more generally that he matches up well against the Bruins forwards that look to make contact as opposed to those that play a puck possession game.

I wouldn't be unhappy if Julien tries to match up the lines as you mentioned above.

habfan4 is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 12:53 PM
  #13
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4
Along those lines - more generally that he matches up well against the Bruins forwards that look to make contact as opposed to those that play a puck possession game.

I wouldn't be unhappy if Julien tries to match up the lines as you mentioned above.
It will be tuff though,because we get last change being on the road.

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 12:54 PM
  #14
Guy Caballero
Registered User
 
Guy Caballero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,857
vCash: 500
All I'm hoping is that Komisarek is a mean, nasty bastich tonight.

Guy Caballero is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 12:55 PM
  #15
Habsolution
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: En tounoi avec Theo? Bonn chan!
Posts: 2,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4
Hopefully he'll play within his current limitations, but he should have an opportunity to use his size given that the Bruins like to cycle the puck down low and crash the net.

The only worry I have is that he gets caught out there against the Nylander line. Samsonov and Nylander can turn on a dime and have the potential to make veteran d-men look foolish, to say nothing of rookies like Komisarek.
Julien has managed to save Quintal from those two. Let's hope he can do the same with Komisarek. I'd match them up against the thornton line.

Habsolution is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 12:56 PM
  #16
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
All I'm hoping is that Komisarek is a mean, nasty bastich tonight.
That would be very nice.

I hope he crushes Joe!

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 12:56 PM
  #17
Teezax
Registered User
 
Teezax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Oh please, dont even start that.
Dude, am I the only one who noticed he got hit "lightly" on the wrist yet he shows the press bandages on his fingers? What am i missing?

Teezax is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 12:57 PM
  #18
Skiblitz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montréal
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
All I'm hoping is that Komisarek is a mean, nasty bastich tonight.
Yup, he'll give us a couple of nice PP wich we will capitalize on, then get his bell rung by one of your own players in a nother edition of the ice-follies.....Stupid quote answered by an almost as stupid one....

Skiblitz is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 12:58 PM
  #19
Skiblitz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montréal
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
That would be very nice.

I hope he crushes Joe!
Somehow I think Joe would come on top of that one...now maybe P.J. Axellson...not even ! see my previous post for disclaimer.

Skiblitz is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 12:58 PM
  #20
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
Dude, am I the only one who noticed he got hit "lightly" on the wrist yet he shows the press bandages on his fingers? What am i missing?
Have you ever heard of a "soft spot"

Knuckles are pure bone and flesh, no muscle or fat in between.

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 12:59 PM
  #21
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
It will be tuff though,because we get last change being on the road.
Agreed. I would have preferred to see Komisarek get a chance at home (would have been nice to have him dressed in place of Langdon (who I love) or Perreault) in game 4.

However as long as the forwards help out, I think Mike can contribute.

habfan4 is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 12:59 PM
  #22
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiblitz
Somehow I think Joe would come on top of that one...now maybe P.J. Axellson...not even ! see my previous post for disclaimer.
So you dont like physical hockey?

you seem upset about the fact that i said hope Komo crushes Joe, thats hockey buddy.

Mooch is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 01:00 PM
  #23
Guy Caballero
Registered User
 
Guy Caballero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiblitz
Yup, he'll give us a couple of nice PP wich we will capitalize on, then get his bell rung by one of your own players in a nother edition of the ice-follies.....Stupid quote answered by an almost as stupid one....
Why is stupid to want our big, tough, mean defenseman to play like a big, tough, mean defenseman? Don't you want the same out of Boynton, Gill, etc.?

Jeez, you're sensitive.

Guy Caballero is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 01:00 PM
  #24
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiblitz
Somehow I think Joe would come on top of that one...now maybe P.J. Axellson...not even ! see my previous post for disclaimer.
I wouldn't be so sure, Komisarek is just as tall (6' 4") and is 15 lbs heavier than Thornton.

habfan4 is offline  
Old
04-15-2004, 01:02 PM
  #25
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Why are so many bruin fans watching us like hawks and trolling around here 24/7?

Mooch is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.