HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Team 990 rumor.........

Old
12-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

vCash: 500
That's bloody terrible. Montreal is kidding themselves; they're in the same position that Edmonton is this season and they should be looking towards a top five pick and next year.

Last edited by Moonlapse Vertigo: 12-03-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:32 PM
ClydeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBad View Post
Players Oilers should Keep,

Hemsky
Penner
Gagner
Brule
JFJ
Stortini
One of Sourray Vish
One of Gilbert Grebs
One of Staois Strudz

That is all

Smid???

ClydeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 07:35 PM
OilerzFRLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeGuy View Post
Smid???
i wouldnt keep hemsky once his deal runs up. trade him in his final year at the deadline.

OilerzFRLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:04 PM
83oIlErSfAn

To Mtl
Visnovsky or Souray
Nilsson

To Edmonton
Andrei kostinyn
sergei kostinyn
1st rounder

83oIlErSfAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Souray wouldn't waive his NMC to go back to Montreal and I'm not in favor of moving Visnovsky.

Old
12-03-2009, 08:27 PM
KarmaPolice
Masterdebater

vCash: 999
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Not sold on the Kostitsyn's at all. I'm much more interested in the younger Sergei, even with his 'issues'. I wouldn't give up much for him, but I think he's worth a gamble. Andrei they can keep.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:37 PM
enthropi
Hiss Hiss (TKA) Hiss

Rather underwhelming offers.

enthropi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:43 PM
deanmoriarty

That trade would suck! It's crazy how underrated Lubo is here, the anti-Oiler bias that pervades HFboards keeps people from seeing that he is an elite, first-class player.

****, would Montreal give up Markov for O'Sullivan and Chorney?

deanmoriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Other Little Mikey

If we trade Lubo I'll probably snap and choke a *****. He's the only defenceman on our team that makes me NOT want to kill myself. Souray would be second but he's older and slower. I know the team wants his toughness, but if they trade Lubo they'll just spend the next 7 years trying to acquire a d-man like him. Gilbert and Grebeshkov aren't even close to being in Lubo's league.

Other Little Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 12:55 AM
Giant Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmoriarty View Post
That trade would suck! It's crazy how underrated Lubo is here, the anti-Oiler bias that pervades HFboards keeps people from seeing that he is an elite, first-class player.

****, would Montreal give up Markov for O'Sullivan and Chorney?
You have it all wrong, Oilfan. It has nothing to do with underrating or bias. It has to do with facts. Fact #1: our chances are slim to none to make the playoffs. Fact #2: this team's roster is full of holes. Fact #3: Visnovsky has a high trade value right now (no one is underrating him). Fact #4: we have no real window of opportunity to make the dance any time soon, so if we keep Lubo then we will be wasting him as an asset.

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 01:04 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Lubo would be lauded as an elite defenseman if he hadn't spent all of those years in LA and he wasn't with a struggling Oilers team. That said, you would think that the local media would give him a few more praises.

Old
12-04-2009, 11:46 AM
bigred75

Only way that the Oilers accept a deal of Vishnovsky to Montreal is if P.K Subban is involved, even then they would still need to add both Kostitsyns and Pacioretty.

bigred75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred75 View Post
Only way that the Oilers accept a deal of Vishnovsky to Montreal is if P.K Subban is involved, even then they would still need to add both Kostitsyns and Pacioretty.

Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 12:27 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Moo View Post
You have it all wrong, Oilfan. It has nothing to do with underrating or bias. It has to do with facts. Fact #1: our chances are slim to none to make the playoffs. Fact #2: this team's roster is full of holes. Fact #3: Visnovsky has a high trade value right now (no one is underrating him). Fact #4: we have no real window of opportunity to make the dance any time soon, so if we keep Lubo then we will be wasting him as an asset.
I totally agree on this statement. This is why he should be traded for assets now. Along with players like Souray; Hemmer and maybe even Penner while his value is high.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Uncle Grouchy Smurf
GFY

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I totally agree on this statement. This is why he should be traded for assets now. Along with players like Souray; Hemmer and maybe even Penner while his value is high.

ya his value is extremely high at the moment

Uncle Grouchy Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 12:43 PM
ponokanocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerzFRLife View Post
are people serious about the kostytsens in any deal here???? i want no part of guys who were supposedly rumored to be in trouble in montreal on the legal side and also andrei was put on the 4th line cause he wasnt putting in any effort and the same for segei who found himself on the AHL club and pondering going back to russia. why are there names even suggested here??? NO WAY. if they join this team i will not cheer for the oilers.
I'd have to agree with you on this one(except for the part about not cheering for Edmonton). This team does need a rebuild, and players like Visnovsky may be dealt as part of that rebuilding, but bring back pieces that you actually want a part of your organization. I will be really sad to see Visnovksy along with some other players go, but let's at least get quality people back.
Also, people are talking like it's a good thing for Edmonton to have cap space. Why? What quality high end free agents have we ever attracted? None.

ponokanocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 12:43 PM
enthropi
Hiss Hiss (TKA) Hiss

Quote:
Except the "assets" rumored here are ****, or did you perhaps you missed that part?

Last edited by enthropi: 12-04-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old
12-04-2009, 12:48 PM
McEwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponokanocker View Post
I'd have to agree with you on this one(except for the part about not cheering for Edmonton). This team does need a rebuild, and players like Visnovsky may be dealt as part of that rebuilding, but bring back pieces that you actually want a part of your organization. I will be really sad to see Visnovksy along with some other players go, but let's at least get quality people back.
Also, people are talking like it's a good thing for Edmonton to have cap space. Why? What quality high end free agents have we ever attracted? None.
For when the Oilers do happen to rebuilld, and they draft or acquire young talent that becomes a superstar, they can afford to pay him and not trade him for nothing or let him walk.

McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Giant Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthropi View Post
Except the "assets" rumored here are *****, or did you perhaps you missed that part?
But that's a different question ("what should we get back?") than what was asked ("should we move him?").

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2009, 12:50 PM
ponokanocker

Quote:
I think Penner is the only one whose value is really high right now. I hope he will be dealt for some picks/young talent.

Old
12-04-2009, 12:51 PM
ponokanocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by McEwen View Post
For when the Oilers do happen to rebuilld, and they draft or acquire young talent that becomes a superstar, they can afford to pay him and not trade him for nothing or let him walk.
But that's not going to be for years still. No need to get the salary down right now, except if you are wanting to tank.

Old
12-04-2009, 12:53 PM
McEwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponokanocker View Post
But that's not going to be for years still. No need to get the salary down right now, except if you are wanting to tank.
Which is kind of the point. Keep tanking and get a top ten pick every year. If we can keep a low cap space we can afford to bring in high end talent for a couple of years if some player chooses.

Khabby being a prime example. Who would have thought we could land a player of his calibre after the season he had last year?

Old
12-04-2009, 01:09 PM
enthropi
Hiss Hiss (TKA) Hiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by McEwen View Post
Which is kind of the point. Keep tanking and get a top ten pick every year. If we can keep a low cap space we can afford to bring in high end talent for a couple of years if some player chooses.

Khabby being a prime example. Who would have thought we could land a player of his calibre after the season he had last year?
Although I'm happy we signed Khabby, there was only like 3 teams looking for a starter, 2 of them in rebuilding mode... Just saying, with F or D, if we're thinking UFA superstars, it's not bloody likely to happen with EDM. Oilers will more likely have to pull a Gainey and take a semi-star awful contract just to improve veteran help. You only trade them if the return is worthwhile IMO.

Old
12-04-2009, 01:16 PM
McEwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthropi View Post
Although I'm happy we signed Khabby, there was only like 3 teams looking for a starter, 2 of them in rebuilding mode... Just saying, with F or D, if we're thinking UFA superstars, it's not bloody likely to happen with EDM. Oilers will more likely have to pull a Gainey and take a semi-star awful contract just to improve veteran help. You only trade them if the return is worthwhile IMO.
If we can start a proper rebuild and start having promising young prospects playing on the big club, I don't think it will be that hard to get a player in his late 20s early 30s to come here. Especially if they get going and have a brand new rink and practice facility at the Uni (which I am still waiting to hear about. Seeing as that was a promise from Katz. So I am expecting him to follow through on that before the arena).

But anyways, back to the topic on hand, that's why we haven't had any luck with UFAs. They see an average team with no extremely good young talent they can play with. We can only speculate but if this team did the proper rebuild 3 years ago, and Kolvachuk were to walk this summer... I think we woulda been able to sign him for 4-6yrs at a 5.5-6.5 cap hit. Because within that time frame he would still be in his prime, getting the minutes he deserves and we would be competitive to maybe reach 5th place with him. Towards the end, we could be in the same spot but the younger guys would be more mature and be able to maybe make a serious push for the cup.

Just my thoughts anyway.