HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We're in the playoffs!!...

Old
01-28-2010, 01:12 PM
DW3

vCash: 500
We're in the playoffs!!...

...if they started today.

We've jumped from 9th (10th?) to 7th in the last 2 days without even playing a game. The way the East is right now, a loss by 1 team will bump another one, even though they didn't play. We're getting some needed help right now, with the teams we need to lose losing, and us winning. All we can do is keep playing hard and take care of our end, hopefully the rest will fall into place.

And no, I'm not making post-season plans yet, I still remember last season's fall from grace.

DW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 01:19 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I think if we actually do make the playoffs this season, I'm going to have to have about twenty reality checks before it hitting me and then go literally jumping for joy for about an hour straight

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 01:20 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Its nice and all, but teams beneath us have games in hand. If any of those teams win their games in hand, we are once again on the outside looking in. Again, its whoever finishes the strongest from the break, since its going to be a sprint to the finish. What is equally important is those head-to-head games we have with the teams that are right in the mix. Of course we will lose games from now until the end of the season, but we have to keep those loses to teams like Washington, NJ, Buffalo, etc., teams that are pretty much locks to make the playoffs.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 03:26 PM
panthersfan751

Last year on March 7, we were 5th in the East.

Until we are officially in, things can change a lot.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
If we can finally get that 4 game winning streak, I like our chances. At some point this damn season we have to do it to stand a chance and make up for some of the losing streaks.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Panthers/Leafs fan

PB1300 wrote:

Quote:
Its nice and all, but teams beneath us have games in hand. If any of those teams win their games in hand, we are once again on the outside looking in. Again, its whoever finishes the strongest from the break, since its going to be a sprint to the finish. What is equally important is those head-to-head games we have with the teams that are right in the mix.
Montreal and the Rangers have less games in hand. It all comes down to winning, just like you say. The Islanders game is going to be a biggie.

Quote:
Of course we will lose games from now until the end of the season, but we have to keep those loses to teams like Washington, NJ, Buffalo, etc., teams that are pretty much locks to make the playoffs.
Ever the optimist, right? (I know--you'll just say you're being realistic, and I can't argue with you).

Panthers/Leafs fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 07:37 PM
panthersfan751

Certainly we will lose some games, but there's no excuse at all for regulation losses in the middle of a playoff race, no matter who we're playing.

When we're playing someone like Washington, we need to at least take the game to OT and get a point out of it.

Old
01-28-2010, 08:03 PM
DW3

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
Certainly we will lose some games, but there's no excuse at all for regulation losses in the middle of a playoff race, no matter who we're playing.

When we're playing someone like Washington, we need to at least take the game to OT and get a point out of it.
Loses are loses, whether they're regulation or not. I don't expect us to win everyone, nor do I believe we need to. IMO we don't even need OTL's against the Wash., Pitt., etc. What we NEED is to beat, in regulation preferably, is every team we play that is around or below us in the standings (The Isles, Canes, Thrash, etc.) plus take at least a few of the Western games we have.

Right now, with the catfight that is the East, handling our own business will get us in, especially since 2 of the teams we're competing against are in our division and of all the teams competing right now, we're playing better than most.

Old
01-28-2010, 08:07 PM
Holy Jokinen

Its all about keeping above .500 as much as possible. From now until the end of the season we need to do better than .500.

I'm excited to see us pull that out.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 08:09 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Time for Panthers Nation to up it's dose of Haldol.

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 09:05 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW3 View Post
Loses are loses, whether they're regulation or not. I don't expect us to win everyone, nor do I believe we need to. IMO we don't even need OTL's against the Wash., Pitt., etc. What we NEED is to beat, in regulation preferably, is every team we play that is around or below us in the standings (The Isles, Canes, Thrash, etc.) plus take at least a few of the Western games we have.

Right now, with the catfight that is the East, handling our own business will get us in, especially since 2 of the teams we're competing against are in our division and of all the teams competing right now, we're playing better than most.
That is an equally good point. We got off to a good start with Monday's regulation win vs. Montreal, and we'll play all those other teams down the stretch.

It all comes down to playing good hockey for an entire 60 minutes. If we do that, we should be in good shape.

Old
01-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Rob Zepp

Gotta stay healthier though. Fingers crossed.

Rob Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 09:19 PM
KW

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Time for Panthers Nation to up it's dose of Haldol.
B...b..b...b...but BBBBoooooooth will be bbbback soon!

And Horton will heal during the olympics!!

And all the others will be able to heal, get rest, and sharpen up while other teams' top players are grinding it out and getting injured!!!! It's the perfect plan DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!!!!!!

We won't be rusty at all after the break! PDB will make sure it is so m k? What are you thinking you pessimist infidel!!!!!!!

I'm not hallucinating I'm not I'm not!!! I don't need no stinkin meds!!!

KW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 10:55 PM
DW3

Trashers won, which dropped us to 8th, but NY Rags lost again. Carolina is starting to get hot, they may be trouble.

I need to cheer for us and the Ducks tommorrow.

Old
01-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Erick

Quote:
Loses are loses, whether they're regulation or not.
No, loser points are valuable in this league. A loss after regulation > A loss in regulation. Whether people like it or not, that's the way it works.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2010, 11:07 PM
Erick

Quote:
Trashers won, which dropped us to 8th, but NY Rags lost again. Carolina is starting to get hot, they may be trouble.

I need to cheer for us and the Ducks tommorrow.
That was the Islanders, not the Rags who lost.
As for Carolina...they still have a long way to go. Good thing everyone on their team got injured early because they'd be a pretty scary team, right now. I really hope they don't get a guy like Hall in the draft.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 07:48 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
We need to close this thread. The whole damn thing is a bad omen. Scoreboard watching in January is a BAD, BAD idea!

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
We need to close this thread. The whole damn thing is a bad omen. Scoreboard watching in January is a BAD, BAD idea!
Especially when the thrashers won a game and instantly went from 13th to 6th.

There's gonna be a lot of hockey related suicides/bipolar disorder claims over the next few months.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2010, 11:23 AM
FlaPanthers7

The topic of this thread could literally change every single night!!!

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote