HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Booth, Stillman injuries

Old
12-23-2009, 12:21 AM
keithLGA

vCash: 500
MacIntyre was all hype. He can throw bombs but he can't play hockey. These days you need to be able to do both. Can you guys please keep him up? lol

My guess is that Oreskovich and Tarnasky trade spots.

keithLGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 12:54 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithLGA View Post
MacIntyre was all hype. He can throw bombs but he can't play hockey. These days you need to be able to do both. Can you guys please keep him up? lol

My guess is that Oreskovich and Tarnasky trade spots.
Hope not. Kreps and Soup are on the hot seat, they'll likely sit before someone who's being effective at something sits or is sent down. Hopefully, anyway.

so, a guy who can't play hockey made it all the way to the NHL? I know you're just rounding your statement up to make the point, but that's overboard. As I said since we got MacIntyre, he doesn't make a whole lot of sense since he's another Belak-type enforcer. Mac hasn't hurt things while he's up, but DeBo can't figure out how to use him and it hurts the other lines.

12-23-2009, 01:52 AM
Pukboy5kroner

As far as the lines go, I don't think the team misses much by having a 4th liner who doesn't take every shift. I'm fine with the team playing Horton, Olesz, or anyone else on that line for a handful of shifts. I prefer having a guy like Mac in there, Philly didn't mind dressing Cote for 3 shifts, which amounted to a minute of time on ice.

I don't know if it's just the changes in the game, or a talent thing (I lean toward the first), but it seems many enforcers don't have the skills they once did. Mac seems to struggle just getting to the puck, or more to the point, being in the right spot to get the puck, but it is to be expected from a guy who has played so little in this system. Having said that, I'll repeat, I really don't think his 2 minutes hurt the team.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 02:51 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
I hate to say it.. Jinx or not.. I think the injuries will balance them out and there wont be many problems who to send down and up. Meaning there are some new injuries on the way. If not.. Big O is the only youngster I see sticking around if were all healthy.. He's good defensivly, gives us toughness and gets us a lot PP's

Mogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 10:24 AM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
You're tired of hearing about it? This is a message board, he's part of the team, limited or not. He's overrated...at all? Especially the MOST overrated? How? He's a 4th liner at best who can throw with the best of them, and likely isn't the right fit for this team. However, we still need a regular shifted enforcer who can keep up, don't fool yourself into thinking Weiss and Horton weren't being 100% honest when they talked about how much it meant having he and Duco up, was written all over their faces.

He only got one or two shifts due to the massive amount of penalties early and Cote not playing much. No one's overrating him, that's ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukboy5kroner View Post
As far as the lines go, I don't think the team misses much by having a 4th liner who doesn't take every shift. I'm fine with the team playing Horton, Olesz, or anyone else on that line for a handful of shifts. I prefer having a guy like Mac in there, Philly didn't mind dressing Cote for 3 shifts, which amounted to a minute of time on ice.

I don't know if it's just the changes in the game, or a talent thing (I lean toward the first), but it seems many enforcers don't have the skills they once did. Mac seems to struggle just getting to the puck, or more to the point, being in the right spot to get the puck, but it is to be expected from a guy who has played so little in this system. Having said that, I'll repeat, I really don't think his 2 minutes hurt the team.
yes, yes and yes. now where the heck is the poster who wanted to put mac on the 1st line?

nate's reaction to the question about mac was priceless - that giddy laugh. it's a war out there some nights and knowing you have the biggest cannon is very comforting.

we'll have to see how it goes but it looks like he may not have the speed or hockey sense to contribute much beyond the couple of minutes he's getting now. if that's the case, i'd keep him around and give him those minutes in games where we need him. since he's done with waivers (yes), i'd bounce him up and down as needed.

zeroG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Great8Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
yes, yes and yes. now where the heck is the poster who wanted to put mac on the 1st line?

nate's reaction to the question about mac was priceless - that giddy laugh. it's a war out there some nights and knowing you have the biggest cannon is very comforting.

we'll have to see how it goes but it looks like he may not have the speed or hockey sense to contribute much beyond the couple of minutes he's getting now. if that's the case, i'd keep him around and give him those minutes in games where we need him. since he's done with waivers (yes), i'd bounce him up and down as needed.
Absolutely!

He means alot to the guys and Pete can easily double shift some guys when it's close.

He does that when Mac isn't up (just ask Shawn about the small TOI he gets).

I feel for Mac though, 2 minutes last game. He could have been out there in the last minute.

Hopefully Pete hears what Timmy and Weiss are saying.

The guy is worth every penny we pay him because he gives his mates that comfort level.

So what if he can't be on every shift. We have Reino who can double shift, or any other for that matter.

Just the fact that teams know that he could come off the bench, on a shift, at any time can keep the "running" down. He was out there for 1 shift with Timmy the other night.

Great8Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 11:37 AM
Great8Cam

I forget if it was Brashear or Orr, I think Orr, who said "why did you hit me in the ribs?" when they were in the box. Mac put them both to their knee with that body blow.

Great8Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Hope not. Kreps and Soup are on the hot seat, they'll likely sit before someone who's being effective at something sits or is sent down. Hopefully, anyway.

so, a guy who can't play hockey made it all the way to the NHL? I know you're just rounding your statement up to make the point, but that's overboard. As I said since we got MacIntyre, he doesn't make a whole lot of sense since he's another Belak-type enforcer. Mac hasn't hurt things while he's up, but DeBo can't figure out how to use him and it hurts the other lines.
I wouldn't count on it. I'd love to see them sit perfectly healthy players on 1 way contracts in favor of guys on 2 way contracts who are playing better, but with this team's budget, I don't think it'll happen.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Laus723
Future Now

I know, but I also hope that new ownership lives up to their 'promises' and allows deBoer to coach this team and not push finances.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
I know, but I also hope that new ownership lives up to their 'promises' and allows deBoer to coach this team and not push finances.
They did say that they would stick to the same 53.3M payroll that we started the season with when asked how much they would spend on players, so if that's true that would rule out keeping the kids up here. I hope they change their minds, but just going by that, they won't do it.

Old
12-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
They did say that they would stick to the same 53.3M payroll that we started the season with when asked how much they would spend on players, so if that's true that would rule out keeping the kids up here. I hope they change their minds, but just going by that, they won't do it.
Or, we can see what we can get for Soupy and Kreps, not much I'm sure, but they're both RFAs after this season. Don't know if moving those guys are the answer, but if we can bench them for a bit, they need a fire lit under them.

This whole situation reminds me of what happened this time last season. We weren't in 8th, but we went on a tear around this time last season with several kids up and we started floundering when the vets came back. I'm nervous of that happening again.

Old
12-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Or, we can see what we can get for Soupy and Kreps, not much I'm sure, but they're both RFAs after this season. Don't know if moving those guys are the answer, but if we can bench them for a bit, they need a fire lit under them.

This whole situation reminds me of what happened this time last season. We weren't in 8th, but we went on a tear around this time last season with several kids up and we started floundering when the vets came back. I'm nervous of that happening again.
Yeah true, but don't think there would be much interest in Soupy or Kreps. And if there was, it would probably be a 'I'll take your trash for my trash' type deal, not a salary dump.

Old
12-23-2009, 06:38 PM
Panthers/Leafs fan

What you two say is probably true, in which case, the writing's on the wall isn't it?

Panthers/Leafs fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
WRT to Mac, I don't think he's hurt us with his play because he's been playing 2-3 minutes/night. I think PDB has done a good job getting him out there at the right times. It's not like he hasn't gotten the chance to fight. I think if you get him in the 3-5 minute range, that's when he hurts us.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 07:09 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
WRT to Mac, I don't think he's hurt us with his play because he's been playing 2-3 minutes/night. I think PDB has done a good job getting him out there at the right times. It's not like he hasn't gotten the chance to fight. I think if you get him in the 3-5 minute range, that's when he hurts us.
That's my issue with having a guy like him on the team. As EVERYONE knows, I think all teams need an enforcer, but as I've said a lot lately, we need a guy who fits the team. Mac forces the team to only role 3 lines and causes double shifts. That worked last night, it didn't the first few games he was up. DeBoer doesn't know how to use him, nor does he trust him, he wants speed and better ability.

Old
12-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
I'm a fan of the enforcer role and think having someone who can use his fists to pummel the opponent is vital. But for crying out loud, why can't we acquire a guy who can do that and play more than 3 minutes a game? Clearly, Steve McIntyre isn't that guy.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 09:09 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
ETA:

Stillman back new years eve

Booth "DeBoer said Booth should return in mid-January."

Mogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 01:45 AM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
ETA:

Stillman back new years eve

Booth "DeBoer said Booth should return in mid-January."
Booth is talking in the 3rd person now-a-days?

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 09:02 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

I will be glad to have Booth back in the lineup for sure, but.........................again I will say this: IMO, Horton, Weiss & Frolik line should NOT be separated and because of having so much chemistry and becoming one of the best lines in the NHL lately. Booth will also give us scoring on the 2nd line which won't be going up against other teams top defense!

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Panthers/Leafs fan

Absolutely! You do NOT break up that line, what you do is form a new, deadl line.

Old
12-26-2009, 10:37 AM
RainingRats

Booth may be back in mid Jan but he probably wont be close to 100% until after the Olympics.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 01:36 PM
YANNIC44

Any news on Kulikov?

YANNIC44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Two4Fighting

Panthers Forward Booth Returns To The Ice In Michigan

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=304815

Two4Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post

I wasn't the poster about Mac on the 1st line, but I do think they were talking about on the PP to get a big body in the crease.

When it comes to his call-up, I am loving every min of it. I think we can definately have a hell of a 4th line with Mcardle(when healthy)-Campbell- MacIntyre on it. Mac may only play 3 min a night,and he may not be the best skater,or passer,or shooter, or goal scorer but what he brings to the ice is irreplacable. Like you said, He is bringing a comfort level to the team that can help them play an all around better game. If by having him on the team inspires and ignites players like Horty and Weiss, and they continue to finally put points on the board, then what's the harm? Nasty,Kreps,and even Olesz for that matter are all expendable because they don't bring too much to the table that we cannot replace.

I say keep Mac up!!!!

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Panthers/Leafs fan

Speaking of which, what is McArdle's status? I really liked what he brought to the team and can't wait for him to return.