HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ottawa Senators @ Los Angeles Kings 12/03/09 7:30 PST

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2009, 05:57 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

vCash: 500
Ottawa Senators @ Los Angeles Kings 12/03/09 7:30 PST

LOS ANGELES KINGS

VS

Ottawa Senators

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL.com
Last 10 -- Ottawa 5-3-2; Los Angeles 6-4-0.

Season series -- These teams meet for the only time in the 2009-10 season. In their last meeting, Jonathan Quick stopped all 29 shots he faced and Michal Handzus scored with 2:39 left in regulation as the Kings beat the Senators, 1-0, at Scotiabank Place. It was the first game for Cory Clouston since taking over as Ottawa coach.

Big story -- Neither of these squads were accounted for in last season’s Stanley Cup Playoffs, but both would be in there if the postseason began today. Ottawa, which went to the Stanley Cup Final in 2007, is currently battling Boston and Buffalo for the Northeast Division lead. Los Angeles, in search of its first playoff berth since 2002, sits second in the Pacific Division.

Team Scope:

Senators -- This is the third in a five-game road trip for Ottawa, and the second of four straight against competition from the Pacific. Despite consecutive two-goal games from Milan Michalek, the Senators are still looking for their first victory. They dropped a 4-3 shootout decision in Boston, then began their California swing with a 5-2 loss to San Jose on Tuesday.

Michalek and Jonathan Cheechoo both played their first game against the Sharks after being traded in the offseason for Dany Heatley, and got warm receptions from the crowd at HP Pavilion.

“It was pretty cool,” Cheechoo said. “I played a lot of games in this rink, so it was neat. Yeah, you hear the fans. They were always supportive. The fans were always great to me, so coming back and playing here again so soon was great.”

Kings -- Brad Richardson led Los Angeles to its second straight win and third in four games in Anaheim on Tuesday. Building off an impressive 2-1 shootout win over the Blackhawks, the Kings earned two more points when Richardson, who entered the game without a single point in 26 games, tipped in a Jack Johnson shot for his first goal and second point of the night. Quick slammed the door on a 4-3 win over the Ducks.

“It's been a long time coming, for sure. I just tried to shoot the puck and stay positive, and I knew eventually it would come,” Richardson said. “I just tried to create some traffic, and luckily I got a tip on it.”

Who's hot -- Michalek, whose career high for goals in a season is 26, appears on his way to a breakout year with 15 after netting four over the first two games of the road trip. … Second-year right wing Wayne Simmonds has three goals and five points in the Kings’ last four games.

Injury report -- Ottawa forwards Chris Neil and Shean Donovan remain out with knee injuries, though Neil could be back soon. Goaltender Pascal Leclaire (broken jaw) won’t be back until around Christmas.

Los Angeles defenseman Rob Scuderi missed the Anaheim game with a lower-body injury. Forward Ryan Smyth (upper-body injury) could be activated from injured reserve in a couple weeks.

Stat pack -- Half of the 24 shots in the first period of Tuesday’s Senators-Sharks game were by Heatley (six), Michalek (four) and Cheechoo (two). Michalek and Cheechoo have combined for 17 goals and 24 points for Ottawa, while Heatley has put up 18 goals and 32 points so far for San Jose.

Puck drop -- It was a defensive struggle the last time these teams met. The Kings have a potential game-breaker in Anze Kopitar, but he’s been quiet of late with no points in his last four games and just five assists in his last 10 games, falling from first to third in the League scoring race.

Photobucket seems to be down for me. If it's back up, I'll edit with some pics.

Go Kings! This seems to be a good measurement for the Kings in how they're performing, even without Scuderi or Smyth. Here's hoping for a solid win and a 3-game streak!

Old
12-03-2009, 05:59 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Thanks for the GDT!

I'm hoping for an entertaining, physical game. The last two vs. Ottawa have been so-so affairs. 3rd time's the charm.

- T

Old
12-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I'm hoping that this team will have more character in this next game but it will probably end with me being disappointed and arguing with Quattro and JT. . .

Old
12-03-2009, 06:17 PM
MxK1NGS

Go Kings Go!

Old
12-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Ollie Weeks

Kopitar breaks out tonight. With what I'm not sure yet.

Old
12-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Moses View Post
Herpes!

I totally for got there is a Kings game tonight.

Go Kings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make me **** my pants.. I haven't done that in like 3 months.

Old
12-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Moses View Post
I really hope so. I am looking forward to this game. It isn't too often that we play the Sens and I want a good game tonight. I also hope Brown kicks it up a notch and that he starts creating more quality chances. GO KINGS!

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
12-03-2009, 06:32 PM
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown

Let's hope this and the next few games don't end up like the games after the Pittsburg victory. Both the Pittsburg and Anaheim games were big and emotional wins, so let's hope there's no downside to the big win like last time. GO KINGS!

Old
12-03-2009, 06:42 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Last time we played them, Richardson got his first point as a King.

Last game he got his first goaland his first two point game as a King.

I'll be expecting 2g 1a from Richie tonight.

Frolov will have a big game.

Slam dunk.

Old
12-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Defgarden

I'll be out there tonight finally! I have a lucky combo of getting free tickets and being in Orange County tonight (I usually HAVE to drive home to Loma Linda before I can go out). Sec 333 I think, Row 5.

Any suggestions on which lot to park in, and where to get off the freeway? I don't usually come up the 110 to get to Staples (and I'm usually not the one driving).

Old
12-03-2009, 06:48 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

This is a big night for the Kings. Both teams are nearly identical in output rankings. They're only separated by 4 points.

Old
12-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Should start Ersberg tonight to see if we can have a repeat of last time

Old
12-03-2009, 07:00 PM
br3ds0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defgarden View Post
I'll be out there tonight finally! I have a lucky combo of getting free tickets and being in Orange County tonight (I usually HAVE to drive home to Loma Linda before I can go out). Sec 333 I think, Row 5.

Any suggestions on which lot to park in, and where to get off the freeway? I don't usually come up the 110 to get to Staples (and I'm usually not the one driving).
I usually just exit on I believe Adams Blvd. Turn left then immediate right on Figueroa. Staples is like 1 mile up on the left. I usually park in one of the lots on the right, across the street from the Convention Center. Usually like $6 to park and not a far walk at all.

Old
12-03-2009, 07:06 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
This is a big night for the Kings. Both teams are nearly identical in output rankings. They're only separated by 4 points.
Knock on wood, but Ottawa's record is a little inflated they've only played 9 road games.

GO KINGS GO!

Old
12-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Dude the carpool exit to Adams is so f'd up in the morning it is unbelievable. Then going south on Flower at night.. unreal. People better ride this friggin Expo Line when it is finally done because it has been giving me nightmares for the past 2 years.

But yeah if you are taking the carpool lane north on the 110, get off at Adams. If there is a ton of traffic, you can make a right (instead of going left to Fig)and go to Olive and then go north. Then left on Pico, 11th, or Olympic depending on where you want to park. There are cheap lots all over a few blocks to the east of Staples.

Old
12-03-2009, 07:11 PM
br3ds0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
Dude the carpool exit to Adams is so f'd up in the morning it is unbelievable. Then going south on Flower at night.. unreal. People better ride this friggin Expo Line when it is finally done because it has been giving me nightmares for the past 2 years.

But yeah if you are taking the carpool lane north on the 110, get off at Adams. If there is a ton of traffic, you can make a right (instead of going left to Fig)and go to Olive and then go north. Then left on Pico, 11th, or Olympic depending on where you want to park. There are cheap lots all over a few blocks to the east of Staples.

Ya last time I went to a game I swore I'm never taking that carpool exit ever again..its beyond horrible

Old
12-03-2009, 07:28 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Like others have said... there are lots southeast of Staples that are easy to get in and out of after the game. There's a lot on the southeast corner of Pico and Flower that's usually $7, and if you go another block east on Pico away from Staples it's usually $5 or less.

There's also street parking that's free if you can find it - usually lots of spaces on Grand, but I've seen cars broken into there before, so beware.

Old
12-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post

I suggest getting off one exit earlier at Exposition, go left, then right onto Figueroa. Fig is usually pretty open and you can bypass the chaos at Adams.

Old
12-03-2009, 09:13 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

Would anyone have the justiv.tv password for tonights game by any chance?
cheers in advance

edit- nevemind found one on sens forum http://www.rwbsports.com/ch4.html to anyone in the same boat

Last edited by drugold: 12-03-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old
12-03-2009, 09:39 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

I so hope that Kopi gets on the scoreboard tonight and Kings win.

Go Kings GO!

Old
12-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Jones!!! WOOOOOOOT! What a start! GO KINGS!

Old
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

damnn!

Old
JMFJ 3

What a goal by Jones, great play by Frolov.

Old
12-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
He's Randy "Mother ****ing" Jones until Johnson earns that name.

Old
12-03-2009, 09:41 PM
lak4ever

GOAL JONES!

Nice drop pass by frolov!

Closed Thread