HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

John Stevens/Jack McIlhargey Officially Fired, Replaced by Peter Laviolette

Old
12-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
True, he and Cote keep the cleaners busy, pressbox is always full of popcorn after games.

And you're right, Tolly should be the leader of the flyers. Right now he spends six hours a day in the weight room, the only flyer whos actually working hard for his salary these days..
Helps when you're not worn out from playing in games.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 01:02 PM
sickamore

Quote:
It can't be much less than it already is

Btw, a Norwegian journalist tried to ask OKT about his situation and the new coach. All he said was: No comment, I'm not allowed to talk.

What nonsense is this? Why can't the players talk? I think many of them do not agree with this decision, and it doesn't exactly help the team.
They didn't agree with Hitch and wanted Stevens and look where that got them.

sickamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Shady McCoy
Eagles That Quack

Have no idea if it's been mentioned but Step #1 Complete: Sidney Crosby Hurt. Atta Boy Lavvy.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Shady McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 01:11 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
Have no idea if it's been mentioned but Step #1 Complete: Sidney Crosby Hurt. Atta Boy Lavvy.
Sit gets done when Lavy is our coach

(Or this could all be JJ's mustache's doing... DUM DUM DUM DUMMMMM)

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Shady McCoy
Eagles That Quack

Quote:
It can't be much less than it already is

Btw, a Norwegian journalist tried to ask OKT about his situation and the new coach. All he said was: No comment, I'm not allowed to talk.

What nonsense is this? Why can't the players talk? I think many of them do not agree with this decision, and it doesn't exactly help the team.
Of course some of them don't agree with it. Stevens was their safety blanket because when the team failed, it was Stevens that failed not the players. Now the players have no other excuses and they are going to have to play hard and if they don't their will be reprocussions which is the exact opposite for the most part from how Stevens functioned.

Old
12-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Shady McCoy
Eagles That Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Sit gets done when Lavy is our coach

(Or this could all be JJ's mustache's doing... DUM DUM DUM DUMMMMM)
I dunno, they did lose the game against Vancouver after the stache was gone but the mysterious aura that surrounds it makes me believe!

Old
12-05-2009, 01:18 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:
I dunno, they did lose the game against Vancouver after the stache was gone but the mysterious aura that surrounds it makes me believe!
It all had to happen because it then allowed Stevens to get fired. If we won against the Canucks, we would still have John Stevens behind our bench today. The stache though did not seem that to be fit and made us lose to them, propelling Stevens out, Lavy in and then Crosby hurt.

Old
12-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Cleary84

He seems cool, stern, but cool.

http://flyers.nhl.tv/team/console.js...=1001&id=53479

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
"He was, I don't want to say devastated, but maybe he was..."

-Holmgren on Richards
I think that's very telling, no?

Quote:
True, he and Cote keep the cleaners busy, pressbox is always full of popcorn after games.

And you're right, Tolly should be the leader of the flyers. Right now he spends six hours a day in the weight room, the only flyer whos actually working hard for his salary these days.
Ever think that this is one of the reasons we needed the coaching change? Why is a guy who's not playing out working the starters? And allowed to get away with it?

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Pronger should be the leader of this team because he speaks out and got authority, he's happy to talk to the media, and what he says makes sense. I'm convinced he could be a great captain, and really help making the flyers a better team.

Richards on the other hand hates the media, that's one reason he shouldn't be the leader. Being there when they want to talk to him is part of his job, he should be the first to stand up in the locker room, but he's always the last one. And when he bothers to pay the journalists some attention his voice is so weak it would drown by the sound of a farting mouse. He actually got a lot in common with Stevens, they both look like they don't care, and the weak voice..

Other reasons why the C should be ripped off Richards' chest. He hits the bars too much, not good. In fact it's so frequent that the newspapers started to shoot pics of him in bars. What did he do? He got pissed. I believe there are some members of this team who simply don't like him. And finally, he just lead his team through eight scoreless periods. And you think he's a leader? Not in my book.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Pronger should be the leader of this team because he speaks out and got authority, he's happy to talk to the media, and what he says makes sense. I'm convinced he could be a great captain, and really help making the flyers a better team.

Richards on the other hand hates the media, that's one reason he shouldn't be the leader. Being there when they want to talk to him is part of his job, he should be the first to stand up in the locker room, but he's always the last one. And when he bothers to pay the journalists some attention his voice is so weak it would drown by the sound of a farting mouse. He actually got a lot in common with Stevens, they both look like they don't care, and the weak voice..

Other reasons why the C should be ripped off Richards' chest. He hits the bars too much, not good. In fact it's so frequent that the newspapers started to shoot pics of him in bars. What did he do? He got pissed. I believe there are some members of this team who simply don't like him. Any finally, he just lead his team through eight scoreless periods. And you think he's a leader? Not in my book.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 01:38 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Quote:

Other reasons why the C should be ripped off Richards' chest. He hits the bars too much, not good. In fact it's so frequent that the newspapers started to shoot pics of him in bars. What did he do? He got pissed. I believe there are some members of this team who simply don't like him. And finally, he just lead his team through eight scoreless periods. And you think he's a leader? Not in my book.
The one and only thing I do agree with is the dodging of media thing. He should talk more to them instead of saying he has nothing to say. Pronger seems to have to do it most of the time. Richie needs to do it as a captain of his team. That being said, to be a captain you dont need to be loud as hell. I have NO idea where the hell you got that from. Also the whole drinking thing you blew WAY out of proportion.

Old
12-05-2009, 01:38 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Everyone should stop quoting Wolfy now.

SnS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 01:41 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by xV Carter 17 Xv View Post
Everyone should stop quoting Wolfy now.
Hence why I never started

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
I think that's very telling, no?

Ever think that this is one of the reasons we needed the coaching change? Why is a guy who's not playing out working the starters? And allowed to get away with it?
That's a good point. And Laviolette said he wants to create a flyers family, and involve all the players.

Hopefully that means more play for Tolly and Cote. They should play a game now and then anyway. I mean if there is an injury, and these two as the replacement haven't played for a month. You think they will play well? No..

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Shady McCoy
Eagles That Quack

I'm 99% sure Cote has played in the last month. Riley played because their are injuries to the group of forwards. OKT is the 7th best defenseman for this team right now and their are no injuries in the defensive group. Thus their is no reason to have him play at the moment.

Old
12-05-2009, 01:57 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
Hence why I never started

SnS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Valhoun*

Quote:
I'm 99% sure Cote has played in the last month. Riley played because their are injuries to the group of forwards. OKT is the 7th best defenseman for this team right now and their are no injuries in the defensive group. Thus their is no reason to have him play at the moment.
Well, there are injuries in the defensive group. It's just that the injured players are still better than a healthy OKT.

Old
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote:
I really hope Cote is gone now. Send him to the Phantoms and let him entertain the fans.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Shady McCoy
Eagles That Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
I really hope Cote is gone now. Send him to the Phantoms and let him entertain the fans.
What?!?!?! So you're saying that he wouldn't be claimed! The great Riley Cote has 29 other teams obviously lining up for him haha.

Old
12-05-2009, 02:04 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
And you're right, Tolly should be the leader of the flyers. Right now he spends six hours a day in the weight room, the only flyer whos actually working hard for his salary these days..
I guess one has a lot of free time/energy when he's a consistent healthy scratch.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Side note:

If you can spend six hours a day working in a weight room, you are not working out hard enough.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Jester

Quote:
That's a good point. And Laviolette said he wants to create a flyers family, and involve all the players.

Hopefully that means more play for Tolly and Cote. They should play a game now and then anyway. I mean if there is an injury, and these two as the replacement haven't played for a month. You think they will play well? No..
...don't matter how often Cote has played, he's not a NHL level player outside of his willingness to fight. Now, that's all fine and good, but Cote isn't going to deserve minutes based on his ability to actually play hockey ever.

OKT can be a fill in, but no more...and part of the challenge of being a fill in is that you need to be ready when your number is called no matter what.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Side note:

If you can spend six hours a day working in a weight room, you are not working out hard enough.
Even taking a ******** of both legal and illegal supplements you shouldn't even approach that amount of time... unless you ******** for 10 minutes in between every set. And since OKT has no friends, I don't see how that is possible.

Old
12-05-2009, 02:16 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Side note:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Even taking a ******** of both legal and illegal supplements you shouldn't even approach that amount of time... unless you ******** for 10 minutes in between every set. And since OKT has no friends, I don't see how that is possible.
Europeans have a different approach to the gym. It involves a lot of standing around, and breaks for cigarettes.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote