HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

tps r10 stick

Old
12-01-2009, 12:08 AM
jminor

vCash: 500
tps r10 stick

just bought one with an afinogenov curve after blowing up my vapor and am looking for opinions. Started with a synergy in a sakic curve and could not get into it and went to the vapor P92 which was a little better for me, now thinking the afinogenov may be just right, any feedback on the curve and the stick? Have not read much about them.

jminor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 12:18 AM
alexthekidd

Haven't used the curve but it's a bloody nice stick. Really whippy and super light. Looks cool when it explodes too

alexthekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 12:58 AM
CanadaBacon

Fantastic stick, 3/4" mid slighly open. Easy to roof and easy to get some good flex on it. Deep curve gives some room for error when stick handling. My stick of choice.

EDIT: What flex did you get? The 90 is a bit softer then the standard 90-95. The 75 kick point gives it that feel. The 100 top gives a good feel on slappers too. But it is in no way as whippy as a traditional whip.

Last edited by CanadaBacon: 12-01-2009 at 01:01 AM. Reason: added more
CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 06:54 PM
StrykerB

Not a good stick if you need to cut it though, because you cut the grip flex out.

But if left at the stock height, it's a really nice performing stick.

StrykerB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 07:15 PM
jablueblue

i use an R8 and it preforms good so i'd imagine the R10 would too, the curve is great, makes for a great release

jablueblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 12:32 AM
Danrik
It is what it is.

Not to hijack but where is a good place to find the TPS sticks in Canada? I used to have an R6 but broke it and can't find another one anywhere. I see some R61 on Ebay but i'm not sure what the R61 is as it isn't on their website. Is it a piece of crap or is it a better R6? No idea.

Danrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 05:02 AM
CanadaBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danrik View Post
Not to hijack but where is a good place to find the TPS sticks in Canada? I used to have an R6 but broke it and can't find another one anywhere. I see some R61 on Ebay but i'm not sure what the R61 is as it isn't on their website. Is it a piece of crap or is it a better R6? No idea.
I myself am having a hard time finding TPS products. I guess it has to do with the transfer to Sherwood.

R61 used to be a special Nash stick, wasnt the greatest, would take an R2 over it. Dont know if they still make it.

Not to many of this years sticks out there, i mostly see last years (if i see any at all). I personal perfer last years R10 though.

Old
12-02-2009, 05:03 AM
CanadaBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jablueblue View Post
i use an R8 and it preforms good so i'd imagine the R10 would too, the curve is great, makes for a great release
Some people swear by the R8 and believe it is better then the R10. They have different qualities and you might actually perfer the R8.

Old
12-05-2009, 06:42 PM
jminor

used my R10 once now and it is totally different than my vapor 25, it is alot lighter and feels more fragile, you really feel the puck on it for sure. I have a regular flex afinogenov and the puck does not get up as quick as my P92 curve did as well as I do not have the rise and velocity out of slappers but I feel I pick up and deliver passes better. With time the shots will come as I get used to the curve I hope. I am not ready to say I love the stick but we'll see what happens.

Old
12-05-2009, 11:31 PM
CanadaBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jminor View Post
used my R10 once now and it is totally different than my vapor 25, it is alot lighter and feels more fragile, you really feel the puck on it for sure. I have a regular flex afinogenov and the puck does not get up as quick as my P92 curve did as well as I do not have the rise and velocity out of slappers but I feel I pick up and deliver passes better. With time the shots will come as I get used to the curve I hope. I am not ready to say I love the stick but we'll see what happens.
Its not as open as the P92, its not the best slapper blade either.

Old
12-06-2009, 09:13 PM
jminor

I wanted a nash curve but they were sold out, in reality though I do not have alot of time for slapshots anyways and if I do I should be carrying to the net more with that time, I definately feel like I can pick up and receive passes better with it though, I also noticed I felt the kick alot more than my vapor at times..It will take some getting used to. Anyone else in the same boat?