HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Picard out, Campoli in?

Old
12-05-2009, 02:50 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
Because i figure phoenix doesn't have any star players. No one on their team has 10 goals. It would make more sense to split them up because there is no one on their team that we really need to match up against.
If Shane Doan ever wore a Sens jersey id cream myself, maybe Fisher can use his christianity to lure Doan over. That and Id love to have Scottie Upshall as a Sen too. I do consider Doan a star player.

PeterSidorkiewicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 03:04 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
If Shane Doan ever wore a Sens jersey id cream myself, maybe Fisher can use his christianity to lure Doan over. That and Id love to have Scottie Upshall as a Sen too. I do consider Doan a star player.
Well, he has been in a couple all-star games. So if anything, he's Phoenix's star

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 03:09 PM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Doan is hardly an offensive force to worry about. Throughout his career he has averaged 53 points in 82 games. He now has 18 points in 28 games on pace for 53 points in 82 games again. He has the average offensive production of schaefer when he was with ottawa. Do you think teams loaded up their defensive lines to play along shaefer? or mceachern who was a 50 point guy? How about bonk? (i'm not comparing these players on an overall scale to doan, just their offense)

I know Doan is a star player, but definately not offensively. He's had a few point a game seasons here and there but he's not what i call a serious offensive threat.

I think its best to use philchenkov against teams that have offensive stars like malkin and crosby in pittsburgh. Ovechkin in washington. Gaborik in new york.

Phoenix has a very low octane offense. I could see them with no one getting more then 60-65 points. Spread out the defensive wealth against those teams. Stack it up against teams that have high powered offense on their top line. Like SJ.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Ishdul

Doan was a ~PPG player with terrible support, he was absolutely an offensive force.

And, while Campoli may be marginally better than Picard in the defensive end, Picard has been undoubtedly superior offensively. I hope both are searching for new homes come the offseason.

Ishdul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 04:00 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post
Call me crazy (go ahead!) but I'd keep Lee of the three. Picard probably has the best toolbox of the three, but I'd pick Lee after the first 10-15 game mark.

I hope Kuba can get on track, but I do not have great expectations for him. I dunno why. Other than Philchenkov + Carkner & Karlsson there shouldn't be anyone penciled in for next year.

Murray feeling one of Campoli,Picard or Karlsson would be able to play a strong PP role doesn't sound that unrealistic to me.
It just didn't work out that way, unfortunately
You're crazy!
My thinking is that they're fighting to be the 6-7 D-men spots for the foreseeable future. They're all NHL'ers, there's little distinction between them and the less they play... the less they'll be able to distinguish themselves from one another (there's a much bigger gap bewteen 25 min Chara & 25 min Lebda than there is between 12 min Chara and 12 min Lebda). So if a team really has their hearts set one one instead of the other, who am I to stand in the way of destiny? If they're willing to pay more, we should be willing to accept.

Kuba will be fine. Seems to be healthy, now all we need is for CC to stop jerking him left and right and he'll settle down.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote