HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Claude Lemieux thinks Cammalleri should wear the C (Official Captain Thread)

View Poll Results: Captain?
Gionta: Tiny but Mighty 25 13.09%
Cammalleri: Leader by example, and off the ice 134 70.16%
Markov: The Silent Leader 23 12.04%
Gomez: The Most Expensive Mexican, with a notorious rep for Shanking Team members 0 0%
Ryan O'Byrne: Showed alot of class last night, reminded me abit of Koivu. 4 2.09%
Josh Gorges: Charismatic Leader 4 2.09%
Maxim Lapierre: Billingual fan favorite whom plays an intense game at times 1 0.52%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-05-2009, 12:24 AM
HFboarder*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Cammalleri also seems to have a flair for the clutch.

Tonights game could be a season turner, and he, along with Price, practically willed us to victory....
It was a team victory.

HFboarder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 12:27 AM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanHab View Post
I think Gomez should wear the C.
is this some average-HF-type joke? because you seem serious

and if you are serious....why isn't this some average-HF-type joke? :'(

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 12:52 AM
Joey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanHab View Post
Gomez is the biggest paid player on this team. He may be a average Center with decent stats, but that does not mean he can not be a good Captain. You have two characters guys that signed here because of him Cammy and Gionta. Gomez was like a brother to Gionta in New Jersey. Why not give him the C??? Not to mention he is the oldest of them three even older than Markov and he has won Stanley Cups. Players really look up to him.

Giving Markov the C would not be a good idea. Markov tends to do what he has to do and does it well without ever talking to anyone. That is a problem since players don't look up to him that much as they do like players named Cammy, Gionta, Gomez.
soooo your reasoning is:

- He makes the most money on the team (Hell he MAKES MORE THAN NIKLAS EFFIN LIDSTROM)
- Gionta has played with him on a previous team
- He's older than Cammalleri and Gionta

Yeah, that's definitely Captain criteria

Old
12-05-2009, 01:03 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Cammalleri - C
Markov - A
Gill - A

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 01:08 AM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Not to take anything away from Cammer, but sounds like the other players were either real dicks or stupid not to go shake hands with the legends. I would have killed to say hi or talk with those vets.
You should listen to Gorges' interview when talking about Gordie Howe.

I'm pretty sure that feeling was the same for most of those guys in there.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 01:13 AM
sammy d

Theres only 3 players worthy of being captain, Markov who won't do it, Cammy or Gionta. I truly believe Gionta has more leadership qualities than Cammy so he's my vote.

sammy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 01:19 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy d View Post
Theres only 3 players worthy of being captain, Markov who won't do it, Cammy or Gionta. I truly believe Gionta has more leadership qualities than Cammy so he's my vote.
He looks like Koivu a lot to me, but he doesn't look like he's got the pride nor the charism Cammy has.

Michael's just a perfect match to me.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 01:27 AM
Jigger77

I was a Gionta for Captain guy but man. I think I have to rethink my position. Gionta's been out for a long time so it's hard to say right now but Cammy is all class out there and he's leading this team imho.

He just knows what to say, when to say it etc. A class act. Oh and damn can he play hockey.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 01:32 AM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Not to take anything away from Cammer, but sounds like the other players were either real dicks or stupid not to go shake hands with the legends. I would have killed to say hi or talk with those vets.
I can't believe you actual think this.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 01:34 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

I'll FINALLY buy the Cammalleri shirt I've been wanting for so long tommorow. My biggest wish is to be forced to stick a "C" on it eventually

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 01:36 AM
Joey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleeingKostitsyn View Post
I'll FINALLY buy the Cammalleri shirt I've been wanting for so long tommorow. My biggest wish is to be forced to stick a "C" on it eventually
i dont have much cash so it works out good for my "safe" kinda self....i wanna see who is named captain before all is said and done lol i'm pretty sure Cammy won't be named C...but still... i dont wanna buy an "A" jersey and never see him wear the "A" again...

ps. deep down, i'm waiting so long so that Cammy WILL get the C and I'm not stuck with an A jersey when he is the Captain of my fav team

Old
12-05-2009, 01:58 AM
blah blah blah

Some of you people that have been watching hockey for 3 or 4 years really need to take a step back.

The captain is the player that LEADS. Demands respect from his teammates. Is the voice of reason when the chips are down. Is involved with every teammate and denounces cliques.

IT HAS NOTHING to do with having a hat trick during the 100th anniversary. Cammalleri could be the guy with the credentials, but it's NOT about who scores the most points. Savard was a captain, not Lafleur. Carbonneau was a captain, not Damphousse.

Markov isn't even remotely captain material regardless of the fact he is the BEST player on the team. He is quiet, shy and reserved. NOT A CAPTAIN.

Fact is, we don't know who should be captain because we aren't in the dressing room, on the road, or even on the bench.

blah blah blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 02:08 AM
Ginu

Only a captain of the Montreal Canadiens can score a hat trick in that game considering what it meant. No question - he's the captain of this team.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 02:09 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah blah blah View Post
Some of you people that have been watching hockey for 3 or 4 years really need to take a step back.

The captain is the player that LEADS. Demands respect from his teammates. Is the voice of reason when the chips are down. Is involved with every teammate and denounces cliques.

IT HAS NOTHING to do with having a hat trick during the 100th anniversary. Cammalleri could be the guy with the credentials, but it's NOT about who scores the most points. Savard was a captain, not Lafleur. Carbonneau was a captain, not Damphousse.

Markov isn't even remotely captain material regardless of the fact he is the BEST player on the team. He is quiet, shy and reserved. NOT A CAPTAIN.

Fact is, we don't know who should be captain because we aren't in the dressing room, on the road, or even on the bench.

Oh really?

I want Cammalleri as the captain but not because he scored a hat trick, or only because he's our best forward. He's a well spoken guy with excellent work ethics that seems to take great pride in wearing this jersey. He's also signed long term and young enough to potentially re-sign a contract afterwards, he'll be here a long time.

Furthermore, he has a captain face and looks like he was born to wear this jersey, its unreal how great he looks in it (no homo )

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 06:44 AM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
He was asked on RDS who should wear the C, he said Cammalleri. He mentioned Cammalleri was the only player who came into the dressing room to shake the legends hands while they were getting dressed. He also mentioned that Cammalleri "gets it" and that he came here despite the pressure he knew he would have to produce.
Its funny that after all the local guys we've had on the team it takes a guy from Toronto to get it...I think that Cammy is a heart and soul type player we haven't had in a long time...and PURE skills on top of that. I don't care if he is a freakin' smurf right now there are very few players I would rather have on my team.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 06:58 AM
ReVeuF

Cammy might very likely get 40 goals at the end of season if he is not injured, our last 40 goals scorer was Brian Bellows... in 1993 if I remember.

My vote go for Cammy as captain, he got all the tools.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 07:38 AM
onice

vCash: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
He also mentioned that Cammalleri "gets it" and that he came here despite the pressure he knew he would have to produce.
I like Cammy but Claude is talking nonsense. Cammy had an offer from Burke to sign with T.O. He was tempted but finally decided to go with Montreal's offer because he lives in T.O. during the summer and didn't want the hassles of playing and living in the same city. That was reported Freedman.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 07:48 AM

Been on the Cammy4Captain since preseason

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:40 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
I like Cammy but Claude is talking nonsense. Cammy had an offer from Burke to sign with T.O. He was tempted but finally decided to go with Montreal's offer because he lives in T.O. during the summer and didn't want the hassles of playing and living in the same city. That was reported Freedman.
WTF? How does this take away the fact that he came here despite the pressure he knew he would have to produce??

He could easily have gone anywhere else than Toronto where if he didn't produce as much as expected, nobody would care.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:53 AM
shutehinside

Cammy would be a great captain. He's our best forward and constantly plays with emotion, he's the first player giving post game interviews and he's one of the leaders in the room.

I would say to wait a bit longer because we haven't seen enough of Gionta yet. He also played amazing and had some clutch moments until he broke his foot. He then played several games on it hoping to play through the pain which also shows a lot of character. He's also very respected in the room.

I see why the Habs wanted to wait before announcing a captain. Whoever they choose I'm sure will the right decision.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:00 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Captain: Is it time?

Plain and simple, do you think this team needs a captain now? Or can it wait a year?

Last edited by JHabs: 12-05-2009 at 09:11 AM.
JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:06 AM
airlouche

Calammeri without a doubt. Or is it Cammelari?

airlouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:08 AM
onice

vCash: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
WTF? How does this take away the fact that he came here despite the pressure he knew he would have to produce??
He admits he came here because there would be less pressure on him.

You know, now you're starting to sound like what we accuse Maple Leafs fans of being: navel gazers. The little story I retold points out that in Cammy's mind there would be more pressure in Toronto than in Montreal.

What Habs' fans thought didn't enter into Cammy's equation.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:10 AM
BLONG7

Cammy!!! Ask Pepe Lemieux, Cammy gets it!

BLONG7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:18 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFboarder View Post
It was a team victory.
+1

I'm all for either of Cammy, Gionta or Markov to get the captaincy. As for him being clutch, he was clutch TONIGHT, but he's not been many times lately and I guess you can surmise that playing WITH the pressure helps make him better so a good argument for him wearing the C (aside from the fact that he is over and above the best with the media, articulate, knowledgeable and respectful). Either way thought, this team is built to win together. We can't have one superstar player. We have several very talented guys who will play like wild dogs when it matters and from whatever else we saw tonight, not one player drew my ire. Everyone played great game and that's why why won, that's what we need to do. So give the C to whoever allows that team performance to occur, not just who can put up the most points (although that might be the same person).

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote