HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks Advance

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2004, 11:33 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Sharks Advance

Im glad the Sharks advanced. They are young, hungry, physical and have some skill. This is gonna surprise alot of teams.

Old
04-16-2004, 04:31 AM
Burberry Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Im glad the Sharks advanced. They are young, hungry, physical and have some skill. This is gonna surprise alot of teams.
I really dont think anyone will be "suprised" by the Pacific champion, 2nd seed who raked up the 3rd most points in the NHL.

Old
04-16-2004, 07:12 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

But, in the wake of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeding blue
I really dont think anyone will be "suprised" by the Pacific champion, 2nd seed who raked up the 3rd most points in the NHL.
Detroit, Dallas and Colorado, I think the Sharks have slid under the radar. Just look at a few of the predictions made by poster here before the start of the POs. Most people had STL prepared to upset the Sharks. (Of course, I had the Sharks in 5. )

Old
04-16-2004, 09:54 AM
Burberry Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
Detroit, Dallas and Colorado, I think the Sharks have slid under the radar. Just look at a few of the predictions made by poster here before the start of the POs. Most people had STL prepared to upset the Sharks. (Of course, I had the Sharks in 5. )
Its gotten to the point where playoff time must be painfull for the Blues. They just cant seem to muster up the talent or the effort to take the next step from the playoffs to the Cup. I dont recall them being very active this trade deadline so if I were a fan of the club I would be furious because the organization seems to be complacent with getting knocked out early. Hey, at least Philly makes assinine trades that make it look like they are trying for the Cup.

As for sneaking under the radar. I agree that the Sharks were not thought of in the same degree as the Lanche or Detroit but I was never sold on the Stars. First off the Stars were playing the Lanche so right away one of those teams was going to get knocked off. It's easy to say it now, but I did have faith that the Sharks would beat St. Loius, maybe not in the convincing fashion that they did, but I had faith none-the-less.

Old
04-16-2004, 10:16 AM
xevious

Nice to see Todd Harvey advance (and playing) for the Sharks in the PO's. He couldn't cut it here though.

Old
04-16-2004, 10:28 AM
Fletch

Couldn't cut it here?

Don't understand what's meant by that. If not for injuries, he may very well still be a Ranger.

Old
04-16-2004, 10:44 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Harvey came in during a time when anyone with a pulse could've been 'the heart of the team'.

That should've been one of the first signs that the organization was in bad shape.
Harvey was a good
player, but something did slow him down, looks like it was the injuries.

As far as St.Louis goes - I expect alot of changes with that organization. I still can't believe they fired Quenville. Maybe for internal reasons they had to, who knows?

And who knows whats up with all the Pronger talk? I didn't hear it all but the ESPN guys were saying how it looks like he wasn't the same player as before in the playoffs....

Old
04-16-2004, 10:52 AM
xevious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
Don't understand what's meant by that.
I just meant he was yet another quality player with heart, grit and the ever important character that the Rangers have cast aside over the past 5 years or so. He was playing "too big" for his body at the time, though.

Mike Knuble is another guy that comes to mind.....

Old
04-16-2004, 11:00 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

All I can say is Niko Dimatrakos had a good series. I love that name. He is an underrated player. He had 1 goal 1 assist in 5 games. Not bad for a rookie. I think he will be a good 3rd liner that can play 2ed line if needed. I also like this Goc kid who got his first nhl point in the playoffs last night. And to think Alex Korolyuk leads the team in shots with 14 one ahead of Marleau.

Old
04-16-2004, 11:02 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xevious
I just meant he was yet another quality player with heart, grit and the ever important character that the Rangers have cast aside over the past 5 years or so. He was playing "too big" for his body at the time, though.

Mike Knuble is another guy that comes to mind.....
But we did get Rob Dimaio who seemed to be doing well in Dallas, oh wait Sather got us Sandy " I dont fight" McCarthy. :mad:

Old
04-16-2004, 11:14 AM
Fletch

Well...

Harvey was traded for Dvorak who did have top line skills. Overall, it netted the team Jagr, so essentially trading Harvey for Jagr ain't so bad. Further, Harvey's nothing more than a fourth liner. He's got heart, and everyone loved him, but you wouldn't play him more than 10 minutes per night, and he won't be in more than 60 games. So being cast aside isn't fair and I think Smith made a good deal to get him here, and made a good deal to get him outta here.

Knuble...so inconsistent. Looked to have some skills, but in the end, it took him being paired with some very talented players to start tallying up the points.

And I was fine with McCarthy his first two seasons here. Dimaio's done fine too, but it wasn't such a bad trade.

Closed Thread