HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 28 | Detroit Red Wings @ New Jersey Devils | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D |

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-05-2009, 08:33 PM
  #101
SoupGuru
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Country: United States
Posts: 10,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
Ericsson is a -3 tonight, a -7 on the season, and has been on the ice for 37 goals against this year.

Thats on pace to be on the ice for 117 goals on the season.
For being a pretty big guy, he seems awfully concerned about the puck. He needs to develop a concern for the other player's body.

Was it last game he got undressed on a goal? This goal he was scrambling for the puck in the crease leaving Robby all alone.

SoupGuru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:35 PM
  #102
Marky9er
Registered User
 
Marky9er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Dominica
Posts: 5,398
vCash: 500
Gee, thought that looked curiously similar to homers penalty. hmmm.

Marky9er is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:35 PM
  #103
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 12,101
vCash: 500
That's all Homer can do!! lol. I'll take it, congratz Red Wings, good to see you are trying at least. Let's see some more of these please!

ProPAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:35 PM
  #104
detredWINgs
Registered User
 
detredWINgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
For being a pretty big guy, he seems awfully concerned about the puck. He needs to develop a concern for the other player's body.

Was it last game he got undressed on a goal? This goal he was scrambling for the puck in the crease leaving Robby all alone.
It really would do wonders for his game to become more physical. I remember in Liljas first year or two he was so passive on the body, and looked like he was an 8th defenseman every night. Then he started playing the body, and all of sudden he looked like a decent shutdown Dman.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:36 PM
  #105
Bob Probert Owns You
Registered User
 
Bob Probert Owns You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,398
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bob Probert Owns You
Big E is absolutely brutal to watch in his own end tonight.

Bob Probert Owns You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:37 PM
  #106
aar000n
Registered User
 
aar000n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,241
vCash: 500
big late goal to keep the game close. I hate watching the Devils because all they do is cheapshot the whole game.

aar000n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:37 PM
  #107
Marky9er
Registered User
 
Marky9er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Dominica
Posts: 5,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Probert Owns You View Post
Big E is absolutely brutal to watch in his own end tonight.
Ericsson for Boynton(M2)

Marky9er is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:41 PM
  #108
Winger98
Moderator
powers combined
 
Winger98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 14,089
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
It really would do wonders for his game to become more physical. I remember in Liljas first year or two he was so passive on the body, and looked like he was an 8th defenseman every night. Then he started playing the body, and all of sudden he looked like a decent shutdown Dman.
Would love for him to use that body of his to knock people around.

Winger98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:43 PM
  #109
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 12,101
vCash: 500
I know Ericsson is a rookie, but we bring them in to the NHL for a reason. They should be NHL ready. Other rookies around the league seem to be doing just fine.

Ericsson is clumsy and every game he pulls off some bull**** play that costs us. He has been on for the most the goals against and i'm sure most of the time he could have done something about it.

I don't know if we should trade him, since we need some D for the future. But my patience is running out, fast. He should at least have ONE strong game imo.

Anyways, I hope we have a better 3rd period than we usually do since we cannot be behind until the last minute.

ProPAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:43 PM
  #110
Marky9er
Registered User
 
Marky9er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Dominica
Posts: 5,398
vCash: 500
Update: Windsor is the most dominant team since Kamloops. They are winning 9-4 in the second. I don't think they have lost since October. Pretty disgusting stuff.

Marky9er is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:48 PM
  #111
detredWINgs
Registered User
 
detredWINgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
I know Ericsson is a rookie, but we bring them in to the NHL for a reason. They should be NHL ready. Other rookies around the league seem to be doing just fine.

Ericsson is clumsy and every game he pulls off some bull**** play that costs us. He has been on for the most the goals against and i'm sure most of the time he could have done something about it.

I don't know if we should trade him, since we need some D for the future. But my patience is running out, fast. He should at least have ONE strong game imo.

Anyways, I hope we have a better 3rd period than we usually do since we cannot be behind until the last minute.
I'm willing to bet that trading Ericsson would come back to bite us in the ass. He's being misused to begin with. I don't know why the Wings brass seems to think a converted forward is going to be a shutdown Dman. They're usually right, but they've been wrong before, so this *might* be the case.

I think if you send Ericsson to another team, and they put him with a shutdown Dman at even strength, and give him regular PP time, he'd look worlds better than he does with the Wings, and we'd have another Quincey scenario on our hands. I'd hate to see that.

Not only do I think the Wings need to get a shutdown Dman to play with him, but ideally a veteran shutdown man that could give him some 1 on 1 mentoring. Willie Mitchell would probably make Ericsson look like a puck-rushing stud.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:51 PM
  #112
GuloGulo
Registered User
 
GuloGulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: trunkofacamaro
Country: Bahrain
Posts: 3,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
I'm willing to bet that trading Ericsson would come back to bite us in the ass. He's being misused to begin with. I don't know why the Wings brass seems to think a converted forward is going to be a shutdown Dman. They're usually right, but they've been wrong before, so this *might* be the case.

I think if you send Ericsson to another team, and they put him with a shutdown Dman at even strength, and give him regular PP time, he'd look worlds better than he does with the Wings, and we'd have another Quincey scenario on our hands. I'd hate to see that.

Not only do I think the Wings need to get a shutdown Dman to play with him, but ideally a veteran shutdown man that could give him some 1 on 1 mentoring. Willie Mitchell would probably make Ericsson look like a puck-rushing stud.
Doug Janik isn't Willie Mitchell, but he's the closest thing to it with Lilja KO:d indefinitely.

GuloGulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:51 PM
  #113
SoupGuru
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Country: United States
Posts: 10,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by detredWINgs View Post
I'm willing to bet that trading Ericsson would come back to bite us in the ass. He's being misused to begin with. I don't know why the Wings brass seems to think a converted forward is going to be a shutdown Dman. They're usually right, but they've been wrong before, so this *might* be the case.

I think if you send Ericsson to another team, and they put him with a shutdown Dman at even strength, and give him regular PP time, he'd look worlds better than he does with the Wings, and we'd have another Quincey scenario on our hands. I'd hate to see that.

Not only do I think the Wings need to get a shutdown Dman to play with him, but ideally a veteran shutdown man that could give him some 1 on 1 mentoring. Willie Mitchell would probably make Ericsson look like a puck-rushing stud.
I think once it clicks for Ericsson he'll be really good. He's got all the tools he just needs to get in the right mindset. Unfortunately, with all the injuries, he's being asked to play a much bigger role than he should.

SoupGuru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:52 PM
  #114
Marky9er
Registered User
 
Marky9er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Dominica
Posts: 5,398
vCash: 500
Nick Boynton, Nick Boynton, Nick Boynton....trading with Anaheim, ewwww.

Marky9er is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:54 PM
  #115
SoupGuru
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Country: United States
Posts: 10,891
vCash: 500
Now, Meech... If you really want to rag on a defenseman....

SoupGuru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 08:56 PM
  #116
Marky9er
Registered User
 
Marky9er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Dominica
Posts: 5,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
Now, Meech... If you really want to rag on a defenseman....
You knock em down, I'll kick em.

Marky9er is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:00 PM
  #117
detredWINgs
Registered User
 
detredWINgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,308
vCash: 500
Ericsson leading the Wings in ice time? Stick with Stuart, Babs. Jesus.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:04 PM
  #118
Marky9er
Registered User
 
Marky9er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Dominica
Posts: 5,398
vCash: 500
Down 3-2 w/ 10 mins to go really not a bad spot to be in against this team when you think about it. Probaly how it ends tho.

Marky9er is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:06 PM
  #119
last_sd
Registered User
 
last_sd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711
vCash: 500
yes 3-3! who need Z or D when we got better 3rd and 4th line

last_sd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:06 PM
  #120
detredWINgs
Registered User
 
detredWINgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,308
vCash: 500
The only goals Eaves scores are big goals.

Two goals with the Wings, and BOTH are come-from-behind game-tying goals.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:07 PM
  #121
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!
 
ProPAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris
Country: Belgium
Posts: 12,101
vCash: 500
I knew it! They were saving up their energy for the 3rd lol.

They have been playing much much better now and great play by our 4th line! GOOOAALL!!!

C'mon Red Wings!!

ProPAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:07 PM
  #122
Marky9er
Registered User
 
Marky9er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Dominica
Posts: 5,398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky9er View Post
Down 3-2 w/ 10 mins to go really not a bad spot to be in against this team when you think about it. Probaly how it ends tho.
How quickly things change hahahaha, 3-3 on the PP.

Marky9er is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:07 PM
  #123
last_sd
Registered User
 
last_sd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711
vCash: 500
we should trade D, Z, free up some cap space and sign a big time goalie and many players like Eaves

last_sd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:08 PM
  #124
detredWINgs
Registered User
 
detredWINgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by last_sd View Post
yes 3-3! who need Z or D when we got better 3rd and 4th line
Complete role reversal from last season where our 4th line was probably the worst in the league.

I love our bottom lines this year.

Now lets PLEASE hold on for OT at least. We need one point at least

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2009, 09:11 PM
  #125
12YearExtension
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
That no talent scrub Abdelkater got a goal? Probably his only one of the season, right guys?

Keep it coming bottom 6!

12YearExtension is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.