HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade proposal.. would you do it?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-24-2009, 04:50 AM
  #1
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Trade proposal.. would you do it?

To Philly: Halak + Danny Kristo + Matt DAgostini

To MTL: Giroux + 2nd pick

Reasons: goaltending is obviously, and by far, your weakest link, you need a quality goaltender in order to make the playoffs and make a long run, Halak isnt an elite goaltender in this league but he sure can become a solid starter in the NHL, the kid is playing in the shadow of Carey Price.. Im not trying to dupe you, Halak is really strong both technically and betwen the ears, in Halak you finally get what you have been lacking for years, a solid goaltender working pretty hard, a good person and a team player.. DAgostini isnt playing as expected this year but the guy still has potential and isnt a liability offensively, would provide you some decent depth if a such trade happens.. Danny Kristo well, he is a highly regarded prospect, could replace Giroux in 2-3 years from now, I dont think he has the vision Giroux has, but I think Kristo is more explosive, skates like the wind, plays with alot of grit, has great arsenal of shots, in the Phil Kessel mold..

MTL improves his firepower up front and gets a french speaking kid...

Flyers have alot of young skilled fowards, so I dont think that lost would that be huge for you... In the net, its a world of difference, Halak brings you stability for years to come..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 05:00 AM
  #2
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher
 
Vikke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bustoville
Country: Sweden
Posts: 13,010
vCash: 500
No..

Vikke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 05:02 AM
  #3
Sanders418777
Registered User
 
Sanders418777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bucks County, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 656
vCash: 500
Philly is too high on Giroux, for good reason. We won't give you the value you feel Halak is worth. This has been beaten on the trade board.

You guys want top 6... it's not going to happen.

Sanders418777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 05:39 AM
  #4
dookie88
Registered User
 
dookie88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,709
vCash: 500
1.Giroux isn't french speaking.
2.Emery > Halak
3.Flyers lack goal scoring, trading Giroux won't help.
4.Danny Kristo has a shot in the "Phil Kessel mold"? Seriously?

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 05:58 AM
  #5
chaosof99*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
1.Giroux isn't french speaking.
Actually, he is. He is from Hearst Ontario where 96% of people speak french and if he didn't pick it up during his childhood one would expect to have learned french when playing three years in Gatineau playing in the QMJHL.



But to get on topic: The problem the Flyers had as of recent is that they didn't score any goals. Removing one of the top young forwards everyone has big hopes for to develop into a bigtime player is not going improve that!

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 06:13 AM
  #6
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,005
vCash: 500
Giroux is 100%, without a reasonable doubt, french-speaking.

His entire family speaks french.

Anyway, another terrible proposal.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 06:29 AM
  #7
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
1.Giroux isn't french speaking.
2.Emery > Halak
3.Flyers lack goal scoring, trading Giroux won't help.
4.Danny Kristo has a shot in the "Phil Kessel mold"? Seriously?
He is French my man

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 06:55 AM
  #8
dookie88
Registered User
 
dookie88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,709
vCash: 500
Thought Hearst is english-speaking.
Ok, my fault.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 07:28 AM
  #9
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,688
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Throw in Cliff Lee and you got a deal!

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 07:34 AM
  #10
JCameron418
Registered User
 
JCameron418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,448
vCash: 500
Wrong forums bro. Try the trade proposal boards.

Btw Giroux isn't gonna be moved

JCameron418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 08:05 AM
  #11
ob18
 
ob18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fairless Hills, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
To Philly: Halak + Danny Kristo + Matt DAgostini

To MTL: Giroux + 2nd pick

Reasons: goaltending is obviously, and by far, your weakest link, you need a quality goaltender in order to make the playoffs and make a long run, Halak isnt an elite goaltender in this league but he sure can become a solid starter in the NHL, the kid is playing in the shadow of Carey Price.. Im not trying to dupe you, Halak is really strong both technically and betwen the ears, in Halak you finally get what you have been lacking for years, a solid goaltender working pretty hard, a good person and a team player.. DAgostini isnt playing as expected this year but the guy still has potential and isnt a liability offensively, would provide you some decent depth if a such trade happens.. Danny Kristo well, he is a highly regarded prospect, could replace Giroux in 2-3 years from now, I dont think he has the vision Giroux has, but I think Kristo is more explosive, skates like the wind, plays with alot of grit, has great arsenal of shots, in the Phil Kessel mold..

MTL improves his firepower up front and gets a french speaking kid...

Flyers have alot of young skilled fowards, so I dont think that lost would that be huge for you... In the net, its a world of difference, Halak brings you stability for years to come..
You would have offer up more if you'd want Giroux, not that he'd be moved anyway.

ob18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 08:08 AM
  #12
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
To quote Bohemian Rhapsody:

"NO NO NO NO NO NO NO."

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 08:09 AM
  #13
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
There used to be hilarity here. And now it is just a barren wasteland of trade proposal detritus.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 08:09 AM
  #14
ob18
 
ob18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fairless Hills, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
To quote Bohemian Rhapsody:

"NO NO NO NO NO NO NO."
Nice quote

ob18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 08:10 AM
  #15
ob18
 
ob18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fairless Hills, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
There used to be hilarity here. And now it is just a barren wasteland of trade proposal detritus.
I guess they have to pass the time one way or another.

ob18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 08:13 AM
  #16
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic
 
might2mash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Bend
Country: United States
Posts: 4,616
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Giroux isn't being moved.

We're not going to trade for a real goalie, especially not at this point when we're getting closer to Emery's return hopefully.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 10:51 AM
  #17
DickTony
Registered User
 
DickTony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: West Chester, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,038
vCash: 500
just to add to what others have said...no. no. no. no. no. no. no. no.

DickTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 10:58 AM
  #18
JCameron418
Registered User
 
JCameron418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,448
vCash: 500
Can I ask why every Habs fan everywhere wants to trade Halak so bad and expects so much in return. If he's such a great goalie why doesn't he just stay with the Habs. Just saying.

JCameron418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 11:03 AM
  #19
LEIFey
Context Matters!
 
LEIFey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,318
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCannon87 View Post
Can I ask why every Habs fan everywhere wants to trade Halak so bad and expects so much in return. If he's such a great goalie why doesn't he just stay with the Habs. Just saying.
Because he's come out and said he wasn't happy with his play time (tantamount to asking for a trade, in my opinion). The Habs fans don't realize that that weakens their position as far as trades come. Besides, the goalie market is pretty crappy, so they're going to be pretty disappointed in the return they get when they do eventually deal Halak.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 12:36 PM
  #20
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW
 
ShawnTHW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 8,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
To quote Bohemian Rhapsody:

"NO NO NO NO NO NO NO."
OH MAMA MIA! MAMA MIA!

ShawnTHW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 12:39 PM
  #21
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,648
vCash: 500
We got Leighton..... but yea like we have said countless times, over and over again, goalies arent our problem, its scoring.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 01:52 PM
  #22
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
1.Giroux isn't french speaking.
2.Emery > Halak
3.Flyers lack goal scoring, trading Giroux won't help.
4.Danny Kristo has a shot in the "Phil Kessel mold"? Seriously?

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 01:56 PM
  #23
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,725
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Yeah, no.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 01:58 PM
  #24
chaosof99*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Had to fix that for you because you fail
Only the code after the 'v=' and before any possible '&' goes between the yt tags.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 02:16 PM
  #25
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,910
vCash: 500
no to the trade propsal

Halak is no better then a healthy Ray Emery.

I would only think about trading Giroux if it brought us a upgrade in goal which Halak isnt.

Hartnell gets traded before Giroux if the Flyers decide to make any kind of major trade IMO

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.