HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dan Carcillo: suspended for four games by the NHL

Old
12-07-2009, 10:46 AM
TOCxNJ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
My opinion tho is, Bradley dropping the gloves says, "Ok lets go" and Carcillo waited for that sign, and then took a swing. If he was fighting a guy who could take a punch, he would have had a fight, but Bradley cant take a punch a fell to the ice. Thats why this is an issue, and everyone is over analyzing it and trying to paint a nastier picture of carcillo that doesnt need to be nastier than his toothless face. If Bradley doesnt go down, and fights back this isnt a debate.
I pretty much do agree with most of what you're saying...except the only thing I'm on the fence with is whether or not Carcillo waited for that "ok lets go" sign.

When I watch it at normal speed, or with the stills, it really looks to me like Carcillo made up his mind and was swinging regardless of any sign. It looked to me like Bradley figured out mid swing that he was going to fight.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I haven't seen anything yet that looks like Bradley gave the sign prior to Carcillo swinging at him.

TOCxNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
and heres 5 for fighting a defenseless player, 10 misconduct, and a 4 game suspension.
Good, he asked for it.

In my opinion Carcillo actually showed he's a little coward. If he allowed him to get started he'd be crushed by the more powerful Bradley.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 10:53 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Im on the fence with Carcillo. Im not with the throw him off the team crowd, but I'm not as far as over as Drizzle defending this guy.

I think the fact is, is that he's cost us games singlehandedly more than once. I also think that the most effective he's ever been for us was when we were rolling Carcillo-Betts-Lappy in the fourth line.

So I mean, whats the tradeoff, Game****ing mistakes? Or a kickass 4th liner?

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 10:56 AM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Good, he asked for it.

In my opinion Carcillo actually showed he's a little coward. If he allowed him to get started he'd be crushed by the more powerful Bradley.
Loser's mentality. I was always told when the gloves fly, let em fly. if you dont you get dropped. And Carcillo dropped him. Thats fact and the NHL overreacted. Carcillo showed a lot of restraint. last year he wouldnt have waited for Bradley to drop his gloves and just wailed on him. And that would be wrong and Id be on ur side of the debate no matter how much i like Carcillo. It was an excessive penalty to begin with and the suspension pushes it further.

Wheres all the awesome OKT gifs and avys? Oh no one likes him thats why.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 10:59 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Im on the fence with Carcillo. Im not with the throw him off the team crowd, but I'm not as far as over as Drizzle defending this guy.

I think the fact is, is that he's cost us games singlehandedly more than once. I also think that the most effective he's ever been for us was when we were rolling Carcillo-Betts-Lappy in the fourth line.

Ill take the guy who shows up to play every night.

Old
12-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:

This year? When?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 11:08 AM
IAN aka RYAN

Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
Quote:

carcillo didn't loose us that game. Yeah they still scored three goals in that penalty. We still lost 8-2. It's not carcillo fault we can't score or have lackluster goaltending. Everyones going to say it tired our team out and demoralized them. They're professional athletes who need to find ways to win games No matter the circumstances.

IAN aka RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 11:09 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
This year? When?
GKJ thinks he cost them the Buffalo game, and Im sure hes talking about Ottowa last year and Game 6. And Im not getting into the game 6 fight. all ill say is that team folded like a paper airplane in that game and blew a nice lead.

Old
12-07-2009, 11:10 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Hey ****faces, I said I'm on the fence.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 11:11 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobiemonster5 View Post
carcillo didn't loose us that game. Yeah they still scored three goals in that penalty. We still lost 8-2. It's not carcillo fault we can't score or have lackluster goaltending. Everyones going to say it tired our team out and demoralized them. They're professional athletes who need to find ways to win games No matter the circumstances.
Exactly.

Old
12-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Loser's mentality. I was always told when the gloves fly, let em fly. if you dont you get dropped. And Carcillo dropped him. Thats fact and the NHL overreacted. Carcillo showed a lot of restraint. last year he wouldnt have waited for Bradley to drop his gloves and just wailed on him. And that would be wrong and Id be on ur side of the debate no matter how much i like Carcillo. It was an excessive penalty to begin with and the suspension pushes it further.
The league gave him the punishment he deserves, and he's been warned by the club. If he can't calm down and show some discipline his days as a Flyer are numbered...bottom line.

Quote:
Wheres all the awesome OKT gifs and avys? Oh no one likes him thats why.
Right now he's wiping Homer's desk, hoping to get a new chance. And I think this approach is about to pay off

Old
12-07-2009, 11:14 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
The league gave him the punishment he deserves, and he's been warned by the club. If he can't calm down and show some discipline his days as a Flyer are numbered...bottom line.

Right now he's wiping Homer's desk, hoping to get a new chance. And I think this approach is about to pay off
days are numbered, if anyone in that organization honestly thinks carcillo ****ed up that big i question their integrity. Again its all reaction to the overreaction by the NHL.

Old
12-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox

I'm all for defending, and sticking up for our players.... But something has got to give.
Maybe I'm alone in thinking, but I could honestly care less about the length of his suspension. Even if it were two games, do you seriously think Carcillo would be seeing any significant ice time under the new coach after what he did? I'm almost glad it happened, because the entire philosophy and mind set of this flyers team came boiling over in that one instant when carcillo lost his cool - of playing sloppy, uninspired, and undisciplined hockey. Something is seriously wrong with this team inside and out, and maybe this was the teetering point.
I'm all for being aggressive and attacking the puck and pressuring the opposing team physically, but these types of things get you no where. Laviolette's got his hands full for sure with this group of knuckleheads, but at least he got a good first hand look at how disfunctional this team really is so he doesn't have to sugar coat anything to the team and or media about his intentions on where to take the Flyers from this point going forward.
Unfortunately I am worried that this teams issues were not simply a case of a Boneheaded coach... time hopefully proves me wrong, but this group of players we have, sans for a few of them, are not acting at all like professionals on the ice. I honestly hope the team is embarrassed top to bottom not only for losing that badly infront of a home holiday season crowd (how many people heard the WIP calls of people attending who's christmas gifts were that games tickets), but also the stigma that has followed the Flyers as an organization lately, maybe if there's anything to take from it, its that things can only go up from here.

Chicken Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 11:21 AM
IAN aka RYAN

Quote:

Homer is the only person who can say who's days are numbered on the flyers. Not the NHL. Homer did not agree with the suspension. I guess wolfy knows all thou. ****ing moron

Old
12-07-2009, 11:22 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Chaser View Post
I'm all for defending, and sticking up for our players.... But something has got to give.
Maybe I'm alone in thinking, but I could honestly care less about the length of his suspension. Even if it were two games, do you seriously think Carcillo would be seeing any significant ice time under the new coach after what he did? I'm almost glad it happened, because the entire philosophy and mind set of this flyers team came boiling over in that one instant when carcillo lost his cool - of playing sloppy, uninspired, and undisciplined hockey. Something is seriously wrong with this team inside and out, and maybe this was the teetering point.
I'm all for being aggressive and attacking the puck and pressuring the opposing team physically, but these types of things get you no where. Laviolette's got his hands full for sure with this group of knuckleheads, but at least he got a good first hand look at how disfunctional this team really is so he doesn't have to sugar coat anything to the team and or media about his intentions on where to take the Flyers from this point going forward.
Unfortunately I am worried that this teams issues were not simply a case of a Boneheaded coach... time hopefully proves me wrong, but this group of players we have, sans for a few of them, are not acting at all like professionals on the ice. I honestly hope the team is embarrassed top to bottom not only for losing that badly infront of a home holiday season crowd (how many people heard the WIP calls of people attending who's christmas gifts were that games tickets), but also the stigma that has followed the Flyers as an organization lately, maybe if there's anything to take from it, its that things can only go up from here.
But all year Carcillo has been the kind of player the rest of the team needed to be like, forechecking and playing tough. Mind you this is the FIRST major screw up this year by Carcillo. People make it out like hes hitler and is murdering people every day. its One mistake this year. Last year is last year, and this year he has shown a lot of restraint, whaich a lot of the haters here have praised over and over again.

Old
12-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Jester

Quote:
Good, he asked for it.

You play your internet role well, son.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Homer is the only person who can say who's days are numbered on the flyers. Not the NHL. Homer did not agree with the suspension. I guess wolfy knows all thou. ****ing moron
If Carcillo continues his ways the league could hand him a huge suspension, 20 games or more. Then Homer will have to let him go, we can't carry dead weight on the roster for such a long time, when it comes to a player like that.

Btw, it looks like you're asking for a suspension yourself...from this board.

Old
12-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Jester

Quote:
If Carcillo continues his ways the league could hand him a huge suspension, 20 games or more. Then Homer will have to let him go, we can't carry dead weight on the roster for such a long time, when it comes to a player like that.

...he's not going to get a 20 game suspension for anything I've ever seen him do. Those are reserved for guys that truly cross the line, or guys that Campbell just has a hard on of hate for (Downie). The fact of the matter is that, on the whole, Carcillo has been very good for this team to this point in the season.

Old
12-07-2009, 11:38 AM
IAN aka RYAN

Quote:

Old
12-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:

I can't wait till they waive Tolleffson. The funny part is that I was a fan when his booster club wasn't part of the package. When is the last time he's dressed for a game?

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 11:46 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
If you don't, you get dropped? He hardly even let the guy drop the gloves, I mean seriously, he could have still one the fight without the sucker punch. When Carcillo's fist was in the guys face, the guy barely even had his arm up. That's not "fact" man. And the NHL did NOT overreact. Carcillo is a repeat offender who showed zero respect for another player. He literally crosschecked the guy, instigated a fight and suckerpunched the dude before he could even square off for the fight. That's like a boxer taking a swing just before the bell.

I agree completely with the NHL's stance and think they did the right thing. Not because I "hate" the guy, but because he has a terrible reputation and did something dumb again. As the **** heats up, the punishments will get more severe.

Quote:
Ill take the guy who shows up to play every night.
Most of these players show up to play every night, it just isn't exactly easy to be "perfect" all the time.

Quote:
GKJ thinks he cost them the Buffalo game, and Im sure hes talking about Ottowa last year and Game 6. And Im not getting into the game 6 fight. all ill say is that team folded like a paper airplane in that game and blew a nice lead.
Game 6 does NOT help Carcillo's cause, so why would you get into it?

Quote:
But all year Carcillo has been the kind of player the rest of the team needed to be like, forechecking and playing tough. Mind you this is the FIRST major screw up this year by Carcillo. People make it out like hes hitler and is murdering people every day. its One mistake this year. Last year is last year, and this year he has shown a lot of restraint, whaich a lot of the haters here have praised over and over again.
Last year is last year? Tell every other teams fans, or the NHL that the Flyers should get a clean slate every year. The Flyers are leading the league in suspensions it seems for the past few years and guys like Danny Carcillo and Steve Downie are the reason why. That's why we get these penalty calls and that's why we have an uphill battle just to win games.

It is NOT worth it. Carcillo sent no message, because Bradly didnt do much of anything. Words and a legal check are hardly outside the norm of what EVERY player does day in and day out.

If some words and a legal check are all it takes to set a guy off, he is mentally unstable, not a badass. You see that **** at bars, and people who get in fights all the time are hardly "winners" in life. They are usually huge losers actually.

Quote:

If Carcillo does something dumb again, the league would be well within it's right to suspend him for 20 games.

I wouldnt consider Carcillo dead weight, he is a decent 4th liner, but he is hardly worth the trouble he causes. A ticking timebomb just waiting to explode. Another stupid play and the Flyers just dig themselves even deeper with the league, and the refs will end up ****ing us so the Pens or Caps can **** our moms.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 11:49 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Not true, the NHL can ban him from playing if he continues. That would number his days with the Flyers if it ever came to that.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 11:58 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Good, he asked for it.

LOL
of course the great OKT would have kicked his ass.
hes the only great fighter the Flyers have right?

anyway I didnt agree with the 4 game suspension. the PIMS he deserved I didnt have a problem with.
Carcillo has been very good this season and had kept his cool for the most part this season and had been a part of the very good 4th line we have. I guess Laviolette is going to have to keep a tighter leash on him until he shows he can keep his cool and not be a idiot

Last edited by GoneFullHextall: 12-07-2009 at 12:04 PM.
GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Centauris*

Specifically, he was asked if he plans to change his fighting style.

ďI think [the suspension] is pretty stiff, but Iím not going to do anything different. No chance,Ē he said. ďIím not going to wait [to throw a punch]. No fighter waits. You ask any guy in this league who fights, nobody waits. You see the gloves come off, and you start throwing. Youíre in a fight.Ē

Interestingly, Carcillo said it wasnít the act of punching the Capitalsí Matt Bradley that the league was upset about, but what happened immediately prior to that.

ďItís just hitting him, cross-checking him when he was on the ice. Thatís the only part that they didnít like. Everything else, they didnít mind,Ē he said.

Centauris* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centauris View Post
Specifically, he was asked if he plans to change his fighting style.

ďI think [the suspension] is pretty stiff, but Iím not going to do anything different. No chance,Ē he said. ďIím not going to wait [to throw a punch]. No fighter waits. You ask any guy in this league who fights, nobody waits. You see the gloves come off, and you start throwing. Youíre in a fight.Ē

Interestingly, Carcillo said it wasnít the act of punching the Capitalsí Matt Bradley that the league was upset about, but what happened immediately prior to that.

ďItís just hitting him, cross-checking him when he was on the ice. Thatís the only part that they didnít like. Everything else, they didnít mind,Ē he said.
That doesn't make one iota of sense. If he stops there, he's getting 2 minutes...maybe 4 with a tacked on rough.