HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New goat crisis

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2004, 10:20 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
New goat crisis

My wife had the nerve to interrupt me during the first period last night. One of the goats seems to have a nail head sticking out of her forehead. It's hard to get a good look, but it seems like the shiny head is embedded above her eye. Somehow, for a lot of reasons, I don't see me doing any removal here. Maybe it's not a nail and is a pellet [if it is the neighbor's kid and I will have a chat]. I can almost see how the critter could lodge an old rusty nail up there, but this appears pretty shiny. Being basically a transplanted city guy, I'm ill-equipped to deal with most of my life. Any suggestions ?

Old
04-16-2004, 10:36 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
My wife had the nerve to interrupt me during the first period last night. One of the goats seems to have a nail head sticking out of her forehead. It's hard to get a good look, but it seems like the shiny head is embedded above her eye. Somehow, for a lot of reasons, I don't see me doing any removal here. Maybe it's not a nail and is a pellet [if it is the neighbor's kid and I will have a chat]. I can almost see how the critter could lodge an old rusty nail up there, but this appears pretty shiny. Being basically a transplanted city guy, I'm ill-equipped to deal with most of my life. Any suggestions ?
Sounds like some Habs fans got carried away with their rituals?

:devil:

Our goats were constantly banging their heads up against any object (living or otherwise) that presented itself, so I can also see plenty of opportunity for such a feat. (Although if you have no shiny nails around, who knows). Presumably if you're in a rural area there is a vet around? (You know, the lady in the pickup with the dog who comes to deliver the new foals and calves and all that... I think I saw it on TV once).

Old
04-16-2004, 10:39 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Easy - eat the goat

Old
04-16-2004, 10:40 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
I 'd say ask Shootout.. He is the resident barnyard animal expert at HF.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
04-16-2004, 10:40 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

P.S. As a newbie I'm still not sure this isn't some ancient running gag-thread about picking on the latest Hab to cost us a game... if so, and if the goat's name is Kovalev, or Theodore, or whatever, I respectfully retract my vet advice.

(I distinctly remember Zednik and Markov getting nailed in the head last night, but I thought they performed ok)

Old
04-16-2004, 10:41 AM
Carbo N8

Quote:
As a guy who has spent a small part of my youth around a farm, I see only 2 choices, you either remove the nail or you take a hammer & drive the nail in so it doesn't protrude any more. Unfortunately, if you do this & the nail is long enough, your goat will then become a Bruins fan.

I can't help with much else, because, like you, I'm not equipped for my own neither.

Good luck!

Old
04-16-2004, 10:43 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo N8
As a guy who has spent a small part of my youth around a farm, I see only 2 choices, you either remove the nail or you take a hammer & drive the nail in so it doesn't protrude any more. Unfortunately, if you do this & the nail is long enough, your goat will then become a Bruins fan.

I can't help with much else, because, like you, I'm not equipped for my own neither.

Good luck!
Pure gold.

mcphee: Should the goat exhibit Bruins fan tendancies my eat the goat advice still stands.

Old
04-16-2004, 10:44 AM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

mcphee: I'm glad you finally allow the board to know about the latest news concerning your goats, it's always very appreciated!!! Keep them coming!

Old
04-16-2004, 10:46 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
No big deal, your goat got nailed in the head. Is complaining about "cheap shots" all you Habs fans can do?

Seriously, does the goat seem to be suffering from it ? You'll have to take a good look at it, see what it is, and especially check to see if the skin around the nail (if that's what it is) is really red or puffy (sign of infuction). Then I guess call your vet to see what he thinks.

Edit : just about everyone beat me to it.

Old
04-16-2004, 10:58 AM
mcphee

it's strange, only the nail head is visible, like the entire thing is inside. That's what's making me think it's a pellet. It isn't red or puffy and she isn't agitated.
Bottom line is I'm cheap, and i'm trying to avoid the vet. My wife is going to pound the kid next door just in case.

Old
04-16-2004, 10:59 AM
chicpea*

I think you'll have to post this on the Bruins board. They have tonnes of experience with nailing goats.

Old
04-16-2004, 11:02 AM
mcphee

[QUOTE=Gros Bill]No big deal, your goat got nailed in the head. Is complaining about "cheap shots" all you Habs fans can do?

I know, I'm embarassed. Clover,don't you have any pride ?

Old
04-16-2004, 11:03 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
I think you'll have to post this on the Bruins board. They have tonnes of experience with nailing goats.
Actually, I just hit Wensink with a bestiality shot on the Bruins board.

Old
04-16-2004, 11:11 AM
chicpea*

Ahh, good ol Wensink. Yes, you made the right choice again. Gary is another possibility for advice (don't hit me gary )

Old
04-16-2004, 03:02 PM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Well mcphee, it is well known that goats nowadays, much like Mike Tyson, will eat anything they see. Reports from around the globe have confimed that goats, when their bowels were opened (don't try this at home), revealed an array of itmes, including video tapes, magazines, clothing, and pianos. So I would think that you have a very hard-core goat who wants to be handyman. He must have eaten all your tools already. As a matter of fact, it could be that he ate a tiny man (like Donald Audette for instance) who is trying to find his way out.

I really think you should look into this possibility. Try knocking on the goats head and see if anyone replies. Or maybe you can just check the goats stool, if you know what I mean. Dirty work, but it can save lives.

Lafleur is trying to hammer his way of out of my closet as I speak.

Old
04-16-2004, 03:31 PM
Habs

Quote:
Being basically a transplanted city guy, I'm ill-equipped to deal with most of my life. Any suggestions ?
Start wearing a kilt. Goats, like sheep, can hear a zipper a mile away.

Old
04-16-2004, 06:41 PM
mcphee

Great news. It fell off the goats head. A tetanus shot later [ We took my father's car to the vet. He's 79 he can't stop me] all seems well. After all that, it appears that it must have been a pellet. Problem now is every husband's nightmare, "i think you should go over and talk to them right now." " But I don't know for sure it was the kid" " Well if you don't I will" I'm minutes away from hearing the dreaded "Fine".

Old
04-16-2004, 06:46 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4
Easy - eat the goat
Yes it makes for a very tasty dinner for a Habs game

Old
04-16-2004, 06:47 PM
JOHNNY V

Quote:

Do you need Johnny V and his 40 kins....

Old
04-16-2004, 06:49 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNY V
Do you need Johnny V and his 40 kins....
I obviously need help Johnny, you might be the answer.

Old
04-16-2004, 06:52 PM
JOHNNY V

Quote:
I obviously need help Johnny, you might be the answer.

Happy 2000 ... Send me your address I'll show up at your ranch with a case of ripple wine

Old
04-16-2004, 06:52 PM
chicpea*

Go get him Mcphee. No one touches your goats. He could've blown an eye out. In fact, you should put an eye-patch on the goat and lead it over there, demanding reparations.

Closed Thread