HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#27: Flyers at Canadiens - December 7, 2009 - 7:30 PM (ET)

Old
12-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Valhoun*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOCxNJ View Post
I honestly cannot believe our record with Betts vs. w/o him. If I'm thinking about this correctly:

We are 10-3 with him.

We are 3-10-1 without him.

GLUE.
It's easy to joke about this and, sure, it's unreasonable to attribute our record with him in the lineup solely to his presence but, joking aside, there's a little bit to that. He's a solid player who is responsible at all times and does what he's ask to do. He is a Lavy type of player. I hope he is 100 percent when he comes back.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 11:13 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
This.

I've followed the Habs this year and that's basically what it has been since they got him.

He sucks ES and on the PK, but his shot is damn scary.
My guess is that Bergeron is color-blind or, even worse, that his hearing is too acute. He does give away the puck an awful lot.

On the other hand, he's a bargain basement Mark Streit on the PP.

You take the good, and try to forget the bad...

But from what I've seen this year, the Flyers could certainly use someone like him on the PP.

beauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 11:16 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleary84 View Post
Trade Carter to the Leafs for a 1st, Coburn and Hartnell to the Ducks for their (our) first.

We are tanking this year.
In 2012...

beauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 11:19 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I just think out of anyone, Carter and Coburn need to go. Get players, may not be better stats players, but at least competent players.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 11:33 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
From Boston, a lot. Think draft picks+. They want a forward for Lucic and Savard.
would Boston be a suitable partner in a trade though?
They have no cap room at all, they had to trade Kessel just so they would have some room.
Someone mentioned Hartnell being sent to LA as a thought.
Honestly what would you want in return? Frolov?
Frolov makes Carter look like a guy who bust his ass 125 percent of the time.
I want no part of Frolov on thos team. If Holmgren trades Hartnell for Frolov he needs to be smacked. then fired.
On to tonites game. how does this team have TWO shots on goal in the final period. you are down 2-1 headed to the 3rd period. You are on a losing streak, and you come out with that? is there anyone on this team that cares?
I mean I am not seeing no sense of urgency at all. no desperattion.
and Mike Richards. I honestly cant believe I am saying this but what the hell son. what happened to you. quit your ****ing pouting about Stevens getting fired and get over it and start playing hockey. That goes for anyone else who is pouting over the coaching change. Honestly. you are professionals. ****ing deal with it.
I am really starting to get pissed off..
Where is Kevin Dank. I need to read a really good rant.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 11:33 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 800
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
By the way Carter is really good if he wants. I wouldnt give up on him.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 11:35 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
They have no cap room at all, they had to trade Kessel just so they would have some room.
I want no part of Frolov on thos team. If Holmgren trades Hartnell for Frolov he needs to be smacked. then fired.
On to tonites game. how does this team have TWO shots on goal in the final period. you are down 2-1 headed to the 3rd period. You are on a losing streak, and you come out with that? is there anyone on this team that cares?
and Mike Richards. I honestly cant believe I am saying this but what the hell son. what happened to you. quit your ****ing pouting about Stevens getting fired and get over it and start playing hockey. That goes for anyone else who is pouting over the coaching change. Honestly. you are professionals. ****ing deal with it.
Straight up trade of Carter for Bergeron. Both are young, but I find that Bergeron to probably be a more stable player.

Old
12-07-2009, 11:40 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Straight up trade of Carter for Bergeron. Both are young, but I find that Bergeron to probably be a more stable player.

Bergeron for Carter?

no way. Bergeron will be a UFA after the 10/11 season, Carter will be a RFA.
Boston would have to add some conditional picks.

Old
12-07-2009, 11:41 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Bergeron for Carter?

Carter for Bergeron and 1st round (maybe conditional).

Old
12-07-2009, 11:47 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
I still dont know.
If they trade Carter, I think they deal him out of the conferance.
I imagine if they traded Carter thou, Richards would pout even more then he already is.

Old
12-07-2009, 11:53 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
With Kessel gone, Kobasew gone and the amount of the season already played (eg, they can add 6 million dollar salary at the deadline because the play would have been paid by the original team for 70% of the season) the Bruins have made some room to make a trade.

I agree that money would have to come back the other way, but not the same amount. I watched the game against Montreal and Briere seemed to be the only one who wanted to play hockey. I was floored at how Philly was playing as an outsider who has them as #2 in the East (behind Pittsburgh).

Sobotka is a Philly-type player who needs a shot in the middle on a 2nd or 3rd line. Boston's 1st is also available if it brings in the right price. I am not really sure as to what Philly is lacking right now (other than effort it seems) but if I was a Philly fan, I'd want what Boston got for Kessel. So my thinking is Boston's 1st in 2010, Toronto's 1st in 2011 and a prospect.

Or you go in a different direction and take Ryder and Boston's 1st this year OR Toronto's 1st next year and hope his work ethic brings a positive to the dressingroom.

Or does Wideman interest Philly more than Ryder does? Replace him with Ryder in the above deal?

Boston is doing very well right now 7-1-1 in last nine, but Charelli gave assurances to Savard that because he signed a cap-friendly contract he was going to use that cap space to get him an elite forward to play with. I consider a motivated Carter elite.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 11:58 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Bergeron for Carter?

Quote:
Honestly, and this is from watching the Bruins games this year, 90% of Bruins fans say no to this (the other 10% believe we have too much money tied up in Savard, Krejci and Bergeron).

Bergeron has been the best Bruin this year in almost every game. He is the old Bergie with faceoffs, goals, PP, PK, and is playing the most determined and inspirational hockey I have seen in a long time. He has more value than Krejci right now and is playing like he wants Yzerman to see what he is missing out on. If that is what Philly fans would want for Carter (and I could see many wanting that very thing) I think it is too steep a price to pay.

Old
12-08-2009, 12:05 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
It's easy to joke about this and, sure, it's unreasonable to attribute our record with him in the lineup solely to his presence but, joking aside, there's a little bit to that. He's a solid player who is responsible at all times and does what he's ask to do. He is a Lavy type of player. I hope he is 100 percent when he comes back.
It's amazing what functional role players will do for you.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 12:06 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
With Kessel gone, Kobasew gone and the amount of the season already played (eg, they can add 6 million dollar salary at the deadline because the play would have been paid by the original team for 70% of the season) the Bruins have made some room to make a trade.

I agree that money would have to come back the other way, but not the same amount. I watched the game against Montreal and Briere seemed to be the only one who wanted to play hockey. I was floored at how Philly was playing as an outsider who has them as #2 in the East (behind Pittsburgh).

Sobotka is a Philly-type player who needs a shot in the middle on a 2nd or 3rd line. Boston's 1st is also available if it brings in the right price. I am not really sure as to what Philly is lacking right now (other than effort it seems) but if I was a Philly fan, I'd want what Boston got for Kessel. So my thinking is Boston's 1st in 2010, Toronto's 1st in 2011 and a prospect.

Or you go in a different direction and take Ryder and Boston's 1st this year OR Toronto's 1st next year and hope his work ethic brings a positive to the dressingroom.

Or does Wideman interest Philly more than Ryder does? Replace him with Ryder in the above deal?

Boston is doing very well right now 7-1-1 in last nine, but Charelli gave assurances to Savard that because he signed a cap-friendly contract he was going to use that cap space to get him an elite forward to play with. I consider a motivated Carter elite.
I honestly didnt think the Bruins had that much cap space.
I think Carter is playing himself into a trade. He hasnt been the same player since that shoulder injury last year, and some people still havent forgiven him for that gutless effort when the Flyers had the goalie pulled late in game 6 and Sid walked right by Carter for the ENG.
I dont think I have much interest in Ryder. even with Bostons first involved. Philly will need a center back in return. trading Carter also leaves a hole size wise down the middle for Philly.
I do have interest in Wideman. I think hes very underrated, but I would think the Flyers would have to trade Coburn as well to make that work.
Honestly I dont know if Boston and Philly are good trading partners with Carter involved.

Old
12-08-2009, 12:34 AM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
I think Carter is playing himself into a trade. He hasnt been the same player since that shoulder injury last year, and some people still havent forgiven him for that gutless effort when the Flyers had the goalie pulled late in game 6 and Sid walked right by Carter for the ENG.
I dont think I have much interest in Ryder. even with Bostons first involved. Philly will need a center back in return. trading Carter also leaves a hole size wise down the middle for Philly.
I do have interest in Wideman. I think hes very underrated, but I would think the Flyers would have to trade Coburn as well to make that work.
Honestly I dont know if Boston and Philly are good trading partners with Carter involved.
Fair enough and seems like sound insight too. I know Chiarelli is looking for that forward for Savard but I think Philly could probably get a lot for him right now from at least 10 teams.

Cheers

Old
12-08-2009, 12:40 AM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
The only math I could come up with that made sense for Boston and Philly would be:

To BOS:

Carter
Coburn

To PHI:

Wideman
Paille / Sobotka
1st 2010 (Boston's)

Sadly, Paille has been the salvation for our PK this year and subtracting him with Hamill or Sobotka makes the most sense for Boston.

Old
12-08-2009, 12:44 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
Fair enough and seems like sound insight too. I know Chiarelli is looking for that forward for Savard but I think Philly could probably get a lot for him right now from at least 10 teams.

Cheers
wouldnt shock me if the Bruins went talking with Chicago if they are looking for a forward to paly with Lucic and Savard. They are going to dump someone one would think and the Bruins have the resources that Chocago would need. draft picks, a prospect or 2.
I think one of Sharp(he can play center and wing), Versteeg and Byfuglien is gone.
God Byfuglien, playing on the other side of Savard with Lucic.
cant think of many teams who could matchup sizewise with those 2 wingers.

Old
12-08-2009, 12:47 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
The only math I could come up with that made sense for Boston and Philly would be:

To BOS:

Carter
Coburn

To PHI:

Wideman
Paille / Sobotka
1st 2010 (Boston's)

not sure Philly does that. It is a interesting offer though. Wideman would make the Flyers D that much better, but it would leave a huge hole at the 2nd line center postion for reasons I have stated.

Old
12-08-2009, 12:51 AM
JackZap

Quote:

To BOS:

Carter
Coburn

To PHI:

Wideman
Paille / Sobotka
1st 2010 (Boston's)

Sadly, Paille has been the salvation for our PK this year and subtracting him with Hamill or Sobotka makes the most sense for Boston.
Bruins fans are hating Wideman these days

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 01:00 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
Bruins fans are hating Wideman these days
I would still take Wideman over Coburn right now.

Old
12-08-2009, 01:03 AM
nosnhoj

I said this before but I'm fairly certain that no trades will occur at the very least before Laviolette's week and a half time table is up. There isn't really any point in hiring a new coach and then turning right around and trading players 2 games later. In my mind, you have to see whether Laviolette can get the team going in the right direction or not. Unfortunately I didn't get to watch the third period as my DVR fails at life, but the first two periods looked like a different team than we have seen in the past weeks. Definitely a good sign.

Last edited by nosnhoj: 12-08-2009 at 01:21 AM.
nosnhoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 01:33 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I've never seen so many fair weather fans turn on a guy like they are turning on Carter. First, people complain that he doesn't pass the puck enough, but yet he scored 46 goals last year. Now, he's passing the puck more, but he's not scoring goals the way he did last year. He's going through a slump right now, but he needs to be dealt because he's "lazy" and he "floats" out there. He was never a physical player in junior, so forget about him being a physical player here. He was always a skill player. It's true what they say about Philadelphia fans. They'll appreciate a plumber and third rate hack (see all the love for Darroll Powe), but a skill player can never survive here because they aren't grunt players. As for Coburn and Carter for Wideman, Paille/Sobotka and Boston's 1st in 2010, well, that's crap. If the Flyers are going to trade Coburn and Carter, you can bet that Krejci or Bergeron are coming the other way in the package.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 01:39 AM
Mr Oysterhead

Yeah I'm down for giving Carter some time to turn it around. He's in a slump. I'm certainly not thrilled with the guy's play of late but trading him would be an overreaction.

Your Powe hate is still ridiculous, btw.

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 02:08 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

I dont hate Carter. I just dont think he isnt the same player he was last season.
I dont know if that shoulder injury affected his play or what but clearly he is not the same player he was last season.
Dont think there is anything wrong talking trade. This is a struggling team right now, and if we continue playing like this one would think someone is getting traded.

Old
12-08-2009, 06:33 AM
Opus
Boondoggle

vCash: 875
Cote - 2:57

Under wins.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote