HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Runners Take Game One In Cleveland, 3-1...

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2004, 09:38 PM
Matts

vCash: 500
Runners Take Game One In Cleveland, 3-1...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/score...LEVELAND-0.htm

I was trying to remember that they started tonight but then I sort of forgot about it. Just watching the lead-in for the Dys game and Tyler Moss's biggest fan, Ron McLean, mentions that he was good in the Runners opening series victory in Cleveland.

Interesting to note that Sortini played in this one. I didn't look close enough to see which regular took some pine for him and maybe someone is injured. Offhand I can see that Dicasmirro didn't play.

Anyway, let's hope they can win because I can't see why SN wouldn't pick up some of their second round series vs Hamilton, unless it interfers with their Devil Jays coverage

Old
04-15-2004, 09:53 PM
sidelines

vCash:
Quote:
ATT: 822
That can't be right?

Old
04-15-2004, 10:53 PM
Cerebral

Goals by Henrich, Rita and Hunter.. Woywitka was +2, Hinz had 2 assists and Moss had 34 saves for the win!

Old
04-15-2004, 11:03 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname_brand
That can't be right?
They had to play in a different arena than the AHL one, so it is possible the attendance was that low.

Old
04-16-2004, 12:34 AM
Ryno
BEHOLD!!

Is it just me, or has Henrich hit the scoresheet a fair amount recently?

Could be a good sign.

Old
04-16-2004, 12:49 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno
Is it just me, or has Henrich hit the scoresheet a fair amount recently?

Could be a good sign.
He actually did improve his offensive production towards the end of the season with Toronto. I still hope he can crack the Oilers some day in a bottom six role as he's had a pretty tough luck career so far..

Old
04-16-2004, 12:52 AM
speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
He actually did improve his offensive production towards the end of the season with Toronto. I still hope he can crack the Oilers some day in a bottom six role as he's had a pretty tough luck career so far..
The main thing I remember from the times I've seen Henrich play is his unreal shot. Hopefully he's just a late bloomer.

Really late

Old
04-16-2004, 12:57 AM
speeds

I didn't realize how bad that pick has turned out to be, thus far (LOL, still holding out hope )

Henrich is the ONLY skater from the 1998 first round to not yet have played an NHL game. In fact, out of the first 40 players drafted in 1998, all have played games in the NHL except 2:

13 overall - Henrich RW
15 overall - Chouinard G

Trent Hunter was from that draft, so maybe there can be one more late bloomer?

Then again, Hunter put up 71 pts in 70 games the year previous, and back to back 30 goal seasons, in the AHL, and not the 24 pts in 58 games Henrich put up.

Last edited by speeds: 04-16-2004 at 01:01 AM.
Old
04-16-2004, 01:08 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds
The main thing I remember from the times I've seen Henrich play is his unreal shot. Hopefully he's just a late bloomer.

Really late
I really hope so.. he's had a pretty tough career so far. He essentially missed a year of his development due to mononucleosis (I think that was it at least) and ended up getting bounced around a few different teams. He had a half-decent second year in the AHL before that and seems to just be starting to get back to that level of play now. I've read a few interviews with Henrich and they all mention that he feels like he needs to improve his play and help the Oilers out to justify the first round pick spent on him.

While he'll probably never be the big goal scorer the Oilers envisioned, there is still a chance he can find his way into our lineup one day. He's had one really good camp with Edmonton and it's not out of the question he has another one in a year or two. Unfortunately, his time in our organization might be running out..

Old
04-16-2004, 01:21 AM
GorillazXL

I think after Henrich got drafted he ran into a string of really bad luck. A he didn't get along with Sheldon Keefe on the Barrie team, was short listed on the junior roster. Then the next season had Mono which knocked him out for pretty much the entire year. Came back, Hamilton split affiliatations w/ montreal so he got shipped off to the ECHL. There's a disturbing trend with the Oil first round picks... Rita, can't break MacT's line up, Mihkanov, got burried in the Dynamo system, Niinimaki, bad sholder injury, Pouliot, abdominal, muscle injury then wrist... That would be nice to see the guy atleast make it to the bigs, even if he's in the bottom six.

GXL

Old
04-16-2004, 04:00 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Good news guys...

All the games are being broadcast on the fan 590, www.fan590.com.

Listened to most of the game last night.

Some interesting things:

Stortini played on a line with Baum and Winchester for a couple of shifts early on. Stortini also had some good shifts early on in the 3rd period and Ward seemed to have a lot of confidence in the guy. He sounded like Laraque buzzing around the offensive zone.

Lynch apparantly made a bit of a dumb-dumb move (I wasn't listening at the time), and he sat for about 10 minutes. His first shift back out there, he makes a great neutral zone play that resulted in the game winning goal (he made the play, passed it off to Thompson who ended up getting an assist).

Moss sounded sharp all game long, which is good because he struggled after a hot start with the Runners.

Next game is tomorrow.

Old
04-16-2004, 04:25 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Also to note that Jamie Wright wasn't in the lineup... I didn't catch why though.

Old
04-16-2004, 05:11 PM
Matts

Yeah Wright was the guy I missed

thanks for the info, Crossroads

I don't see Henrich having a spot in the top six, well unless he can convince Lowe that he's from Alberta, so he'd really have to be a phyisical and defensive presence to get a job in the bottom six

Old
04-16-2004, 05:22 PM
barto

Thanks for the update, dawgbone, and for the link! I hope I can be near a computer for that next game, but definitely post your thoughts on it in any case. Great to hear Stortini doing well, and Lynch rebounding from a benching like that. You know young guys are going to make mistakes, so it's how they learn from those mistakes that we want to see!

Bart

Closed Thread