HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

NCAA d3 vs ACHA d1

Old
12-07-2009, 10:17 PM
kmd mode

vCash: 500
NCAA d3 vs ACHA d1

Can anyone provide some insight on how the level in hockey compares between NCAA d3 and Acha d1?

kmd mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 11:47 AM
HoosierHockey

I would say that D1 ACHA teams would probably beat D3 NCAA teams. While some ACHA teams are nothing more than clubs, others seem to have strong university support. I'd say that that D1 ACHA is probably somewhere between D3 and D2 NCAA hockey.

HoosierHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 03:21 AM
Fedz

As someone that plays in the ACHA, I can tell you quite confidently (I have friends playing NCAA D1 and D3) we would be a top 10 NCAA D3 team.

There are the odd teams in NCAA D3 that are STRONG teams that we'd struggle to contend with but overall I'd find the top end of ACHA stronger.

Fedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 04:44 AM
sbkbghockey

Ok those Hoosier and Fedz posts are way wrong.

I've also played ACHA hockey, have NCAA DI and III friends and seen all the different levels of college hockey from ACHA D3- NCAA DI. I've played at the ACHA level, and am a strong fan and supported of ACHA hockey. but I'm also real and honest, as much as i'll support and stand up for any idiot that trashtalks ACHA hockey its generally not at the NCAA level.

ACHA DI (and some of the top and highly organized D2 teams((that'll prob jump to ACHA DI in the next few seasons)) could compete at the NCAA D3 level. The top ACHA teams would be mid-level NCAA D3 teams at best.

The ACHA has come a long way over the past years and continues to grow in organization, teams, and talent. Give it 5-10 years and it might be a more equal playing field btwn ACHA DI and NCAA D3.
The ACHA is a viable, cost effective way for universities to field competitive hockey teams. Especially with the exclusive atmosphere around NCAA hockey.

sbkbghockey is offline   Reply With Quote