HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Hawks-PHX

Old
12-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Hawksfan12*

vCash: 500
Hawks-PHX

Mueller for Versteeg

Mueller is better at C or Wing. If C he would help Chicago's need for a true #2 Center as Sharp and Versteeg(traded though...) are much better as wingers.

I read a PHX fan (RT i think) the other day looking for a poor man's hemsky;a guy that could rush, pull up and thread the needle. Versteeg is that exact description. It would also help for Chicago to have Toews-Mueller-Bolland down the middle for the next while.

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Versteeg would be great but I doubt CHI would do it. Meulls is best at Center so that'd work out great.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
Mueller for Versteeg

Mueller is better at C or Wing. If C he would help Chicago's need for a true #2 Center as Sharp and Versteeg(traded though...) are much better as wingers.

I read a PHX fan (RT i think) the other day looking for a poor man's hemsky;a guy that could rush, pull up and thread the needle. Versteeg is that exact description. It would also help for Chicago to have Toews-Mueller-Bolland down the middle for the next while.
You gotta do number crunching first (salary) before a proposal can be made.

Old
12-07-2009, 10:52 PM
XX
... Waiting

Pass. Mueller is piecing it together. Another solid game, after a scratch.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2009, 11:27 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Besides wouldn't Chicago rather stock draft picks, their going to be in a world of hurt when that cap number comes down next season. Why take on a pending RFA?

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 12:04 AM
AnalogMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
Besides wouldn't Chicago rather stock draft picks, their going to be in a world of hurt when that cap number comes down next season. Why take on a pending RFA?
What about:
To Chicago -- Mueller+MacLean+1st 10 (Calgary's)
To Phoenix -- Versteeg+Barker+3rd 10
?????

AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 12:18 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
What about:
?????
Pass. If you leave out MacLean and Chicagos 3rd, and throw in Ross, I think that's a good deal for both teams. Chicago fans seem eager to deal Barker. I'm not sure they'd be thrilled about Mueller straight up for Versteeg but I think Muels is a 90-100 pt player on a roster like the Hawks.

Old
12-08-2009, 01:37 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Pass. If you leave out MacLean and Chicagos 3rd, and throw in Ross, I think that's a good deal for both teams. Chicago fans seem eager to deal Barker. I'm not sure they'd be thrilled about Mueller straight up for Versteeg but I think Muels is a 90-100 pt player on a roster like the Hawks.
I dont. Where would you get that from? The guy has been lost for the past 2 seasons and has 1 good game and he's back? Just trying to find out the reasoning behind why you would think that.

Old
12-08-2009, 02:07 AM
WJF

vCash: 50
Quote:
I think Muels is a 90-100 pt player on a roster like the Hawks.
Quote:
Pass. Mueller is piecing it together. Another solid game, after a scratch.
Whatever you're smoking, put it away, it's nuking your brain cells.

I've said it before and ill say again.

I have a full tank of gas and a mapquest to illinois. Tell me where to pick up mueller and ill take him there myself if it means versteeg is coming the other way.

WJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 03:29 AM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
What about:
?????
I don't like the idea of getting rid of our top two goal scoring prospects. Mueller has a higher upside than Versteeg, and I already like were our D is. No need to bring in Barker, we already have Jovo and a blossoming Yandle running our PP. I'd say we have a bit of logjam already. No need to make moves yet.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 08:01 AM
ducky

Phoenix needs a goal scorer. They don't need more young defensemen or more third line guys.

The team may be patient waiting to see if Mueller turns his game around...as long as we keep winning GMDM can afford to be a little patient. If they can land a legit scorer they can part with some of the youth.

They have cap room and young talent to spare.

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 11:54 AM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Not going to happen as per GM Don Maloney: We have to be patient with Peter because everyone expects him to be a 30-goal, 80-point offensive star. I think he can be that. It hasnt happened yet. Does that mean its going to happen in the next week or the next month? I dont know. The last thing were going to do is start throwing away top young talent. You need talent to win and hes got it. We have to, as an organization, figure out a way to get him back to where we think he can be. Hes poised. Hes in terrific shape and hes skating better, its just his game hasnt come together. Its just off right now. But its a long year and weve seen people turn it around before. This isnt the time to say Well, hes no good, lets throw him out with the wash. Thats not going to happen.

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 12:07 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
I dont. Where would you get that from? The guy has been lost for the past 2 seasons and has 1 good game and he's back? Just trying to find out the reasoning behind why you would think that.
Mueller will snap out of it if he is traded, I'm sure, like a lot of players do. He is physically fine and all of his issues are confidence related. Put him on a roster with as many weapons as the Hawks have and watch him flourish. It would be painful, actually. I'd prefer to send him to the East.

Old
12-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Piokinen

Yes its most confidence in Muellers case but not all. The skating and his physical play is at best average. He has still to work on it. But on the other hand I would not trade Mueller if its not for the same calibre of player type Mueller could be.
Another reason why I would not trade Mueller is, because of his low scoring to this point we are im a good position come RFA resignings.
We will get some salary discount, if we resign him.

Piokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

If we dont trade we HAVE to resign him. If we didnt it would be total waste when we could of gotten someone of great calibre like Versteeg. Pretty dumb choice not to imo if they dont move him. Or maybe trade for Versteeg and resign him at the end of the year lol.

Old
12-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Piokinen

I used the word if beacause you never know what can happen. I point my finger out to this piece of **** playing for the Bruins now.
But you are right. If we dont trade him we have to do all what it takes to resign him.

Piokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Hawksfan12*

If Michalek isn't resigned by then what about:Barker, Steeg and for Mueller and Michalek?Add Skille?

Hawksfan12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Alamo

Quote:
If Michalek isn't resigned by then what about:Barker, Steeg and for Mueller and Michalek?Add Skille?
If Z isn't resigned by the Coyotes, Someone should be fired ASAP.
I would say a good chunk of fans don't support the trading of Mueller anymore after the Wild game, either.

Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

I disagree, even though this wont happen, I think we should trade him when he has value...first game he scores a goal or has more than a point look to get rid of him.

Old
12-08-2009, 09:10 PM
PhoPhan

You really think he'll gain any discernible value after one good game?

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Lol according to some around here he's already back LOL. No but I said look everyone knows a trade isnt going to happen right away. Let him keep playing and keep playing well and keep shopping him to a team that wants him. I.e. Nucks and Hawks. We could get Versteeg and that would be awesome.

Old
12-08-2009, 10:57 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Mueller for Versteeg

I would certainly consider Mueller for Versteeg. My only hesitation is that I wonder how Versteeg would produce on a team like the Coyotes, and how Mueller would produce on a team like the Hawks. My guess is that it evens out quite a bit. However, I actually wanted a poor man's Hemsky for Peter Mueller. The idea was to get linemate for Pete that could spark his offense. If we trade Pete for that type, it kind of defeats the whole purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgyotes View Post
Not going to happen as per GM Don Maloney: “We have to be patient with Peter because everyone expects him to be a 30-goal, 80-point offensive star. I think he can be that. It hasn’t happened yet. Does that mean it’s going to happen in the next week or the next month? I don’t know. The last thing we’re going to do is start throwing away top young talent. You need talent to win and he’s got it. We have to, as an organization, figure out a way to get him back to where we think he can be. He’s poised. He’s in terrific shape and he’s skating better, it’s just his game hasn’t come together. It’s just off right now. But it’s a long year and we’ve seen people turn it around before. This isn’t the time to say ‘Well, he’s no good, let’s throw him out with the wash.’ That’s not going to happen.”
Versteeg is also "top young talent". Trading Mueller for Versteeg certainly wouldn't be throwing Pete "out with the wash". I'm not advocating anything, I'm just...sayin'... That's all.

Quote:
Michalek goes no where. Ever.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 11:20 PM
k1llua

Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Quote:
I'd rather lose Michalek for nothing than give up on re-signing him.

k1llua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 11:23 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llua View Post
I'd rather lose Michalek for nothing than give up on re-signing him.
They should just give him the same deal the Panthers gave Ballard. He'd have to be happy with that. Honestly, I think we could get him for less. Maybe add a year or two, and I'm guessing the annual amount would come down even more. He'll turn twenty seven in a few weeks. Offer him an eight year deal, and it won't expire until he's thirty five. Do you think he'd be content with making twenty eight million dollars over that span? At three and a half million per year, that's more than twice what he's making this season.

Defensive defensemen, even the elite, don't typically get mega-bucks deals. Robyn Regher makes four million a year. Ballard makes about the same. Paul Martin makes three and a half to four a year. Willie Mitchell makes three and a half. Brent Burns gets three and a half, as well. Considering his lower profile, I would imagine that Michalek getting three and a half per year for the rest of his career, with a NMC, should be fair enough for both sides. He never has to worry about getting moved, and we never have to worry about him leaving. I suppose I'd be fine with going as high as eight years, and thirty million, even. Three point seven five million a year is not a bad deal for a guy like Z.

Last edited by rt: 12-08-2009 at 11:34 PM.
rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Blue Liner

I wouldn't want Mueller for Versteeg. Not that I don't like Mueller, but Versteeg right now as is is producing way more and he's still a younger guy and can continue to get better. All that aside, if anything the Hawks will likely be looking at top picks and/or prospects when dealing any of the likes of Versteeg, Barker, Sharp, Buff, etc. The whole point is trying to shed salary to manage the cap. It's not like they want to move any of these guys, they only have to for the sake of managing the cap next year. If it wasn't for that, none of these guys would be going anywhere because they are good and producing and fit well with this team. They are being dealt strictly for financial reasons.

EDIT: I also wanted to add that being surrounded by the talent he is surrounded by certainly helps Versteeg's production, but if you actually watch any Hawks games he creates a lot of his own offense without the help of anyone around him. Case in point his shorthanded goal a week or two ago. Brought the puck in on his own and toe-dragged twice through two defending players and sniped five hole. He just has a lot of pure talent on his own and makes his own things happen a lot of the time. The downside to that is he tries to do too much on his own too often and coughs up the puck in bad places and kinda makes you pull your hair out in frustration. But truthfully he would still produce a lot if he was playing in Phoenix given how much he creates on his own.

Last edited by Blue Liner: 12-15-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote