HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Scott Hartnell Discussion

Old
12-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Mike Richards 18

vCash: 500
can we finally trade Hartnell already

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 09:52 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
he was great at the start of the year, but now all he does is try cross ice passes that never work

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 09:55 PM
2Claude2Giroux

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly flyers 18 View Post
Hartnell for Frolov and Simmonds
Simmonds is hurt for a while, I'm pretty sure. I can't see LA taking that deal anyway, although I'm not aware of how much Lombardi actually loves Hartnell.

2Claude2Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 09:58 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Hartnell takes too many dumb penalties.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 09:58 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Do we know for sure that he doesn't have some kind of learning disability?

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
I was a fan of Hartnell but now I just want the guy gone. Yes he is something we lack in front of the net but hes such an idiot and his penalties are just beyond childish.

Last edited by HoverCarle*: 12-16-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
I was a fan of Hartnell but now I just want the guy gone. Yes he is something we lack in front of the net but hes such a retard and his penalties are just beyond childish.
He isn't even that good in front of the net... One of the most overrated aspects around here about his game.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 02:16 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Richards 18 View Post
can we finally trade Hartnell already
NO.

It nevers ceases to amaze me the frontrunners on this board.....(not directed at you MR18)

The first year everyone was like "he is overpaid" "terrible contract" Last year everyone loved him, and now the entire team collapses and they all of a sudden want to get rid of Hartnell again.

For the 1000th time, this team is soft to begin with in the top 6, you get rid of Hartnell and it becomes jello....NO WAY do I trade Hartnell...but then again Homer is a moron so he might.

1) The guy is third on the team in points, tied for first in PP goals on a team whose PP was ranked #1 for the longest time and only has 6 more penalty minutes than the captain

2) Not sure if anyone noticed but the entire team has been beyond terrible.....Now is not the time to be singling out players for their dreadful play cause any one of us could pick anyone on the roster with the exception of maybe Lappy.....

Wow

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 02:25 PM
duffy9748

If this is all true **** carter. And i dont blame hartnell for being frustrated n taking dumb penalties, this isn't the normal thing to be frustrated over.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 02:25 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
so who do you trade then?
Carter?
Richards?
Gagne?

I have no problem trading Hartnell if the price was right. Some people think hes the greatest thing since sliced bread for some reason. so what if hes top 3 in PP points ect ect. He is the biggest scapegoat right now because of his play lately and rightly so.
All that toughness and grit that he brings to the top 6 sure has paid off in the last month plus.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 02:26 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
NO.

It nevers ceases to amaze me the frontrunners on this board.....(not directed at you MR18)

The first year everyone was like "he is overpaid" "terrible contract" Last year everyone loved him, and now the entire team collapses and they all of a sudden want to get rid of Hartnell again.

For the 1000th time, this team is soft to begin with in the top 6, you get rid of Hartnell and it becomes jello....NO WAY do I trade Hartnell...but then again Homer is a moron so he might.

1) The guy is third on the team in points, tied for first in PP goals on a team whose PP was ranked #1 for the longest time and only has 6 more penalty minutes than the captain

2) Not sure if anyone noticed but the entire team has been beyond terrible.....Now is not the time to be singling out players for their dreadful play cause any one of us could pick anyone on the roster with the exception of maybe Lappy.....

Wow
I want Knuble back. Hartnell was supposed to take his spot in front of the net, and frankly he's not filling the void. I still like Harts, and I'm not on the bash him bandwagon like everyone else on here, but his penalties are just getting absolutely needless and unnecessary, and especially at the most inopportune times. Sure you can't help everything you do on the ice and **** happens, but he does some of the dumbest **** that will get called everytime. Last night he grabbed a guy's stick out of his hands, when we were already 2 or 3 goals down. That's something you can avoid. Like I said, I'm not calling for his head, but I wouldn't argue if he got traded for some value.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 02:33 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
I want Knuble back. Hartnell was supposed to take his spot in front of the net, and frankly he's not filling the void. I still like Harts, and I'm not on the bash him bandwagon like everyone else on here, but his penalties are just getting absolutely needless and unnecessary, and especially at the most inopportune times. Sure you can't help everything you do on the ice and **** happens, but he does some of the dumbest **** that will get called everytime. Last night he grabbed a guy's stick out of his hands, when we were already 2 or 3 goals down. That's something you can avoid. Like I said, I'm not calling for his head, but I wouldn't argue if he got traded for some value.
I think this team misses Knuble more than we think....I never wanted to get rid of him

Hartnell is a different player than Knuble no doubt, but we need what he brings to the team as well, and beings that he is tied or the team lead in PP goals, he is obviously compensating for Knuble somewhat...

Hey, we all know Hartnell is a player that crosses the line sometimes and does stupid crap cause he is agressive and will run through a wall for his team....That gets amplified when you are frustrated.....Thing is, when the team is winning you dont notice **** like that as much and you dont care, the only reason it is so noticable at this point is that the entire team went down the crapper.....Its like watching the finals against Detroit all over again where the entire team just looked like it didnt know how to play hockey. Lavi is unfortunately starting from scratch with this team in the middle of the season

Old
12-16-2009, 04:04 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

If anyone has ever heard of Retarded Batman...

I bring you...

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Centauris*

lol wtf at that video...

just keep Hartnell.. I like him.

Centauris* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
so who do you trade then?
Carter?
Richards?
Gagne?

I have no problem trading Hartnell if the price was right. Some people think hes the greatest thing since sliced bread for some reason. so what if hes top 3 in PP points ect ect. He is the biggest scapegoat right now because of his play lately and rightly so.
All that toughness and grit that he brings to the top 6 sure has paid off in the last month plus.
No one! I think our team needs time under the new coach before we ship core pieces out.

Hartnell is moveable, but he fills a specific role that no one else fills so I'm reluctant to move him. I think right now people just want a trade for the sake of making a trade. I'm unconvinced a trade is the answer.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
NO.

Wow
Have to nitpick that point. Hartnell's dumb penalties are all of the minor variety, while Richards has 2 fights and the PIMs he racked up on the Booth hit. Not the best example, my friend.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 05:14 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Have to nitpick that point. Hartnell's dumb penalties are all of the minor variety, while Richards has 2 fights and the PIMs he racked up on the Booth hit. Not the best example, my friend.
Thats fine, he's still the 3rd leading scorer on the team, top PP scorer....No one would care about the stupid penalties if we were winning, its because the entire team is crap that it stands out so much.

Old
12-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Thats fine, he's still the 3rd leading scorer on the team, top PP scorer....No one would care about the stupid penalties if we were winning, its because the entire team is crap that it stands out so much.
Hey, I'm one of his big supporters here and always have been. But I don't see him lasting long under Laviolette if he doesn't get these penalties under control. I've never picked on him for his dumb penalties because I thought most reactions here were over the top. He needs to play better though, because lately all he's doing is contributing bad PIMs. He has to stay out of the box and contribute something positive or he'll be asked to waive his NTC shortly.

Old
12-16-2009, 05:20 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Hey, I'm one of his big supporters here and always have been. But I don't see him lasting long under Laviolette if he doesn't get these penalties under control. I've never picked on him for his dumb penalties because I thought most reactions here were over the top. He needs to play better though, because lately all he's doing is contributing bad PIMs. He has to stay out of the box and contribute something positive or he'll be asked to waive his NTC shortly.
Exactly, as I pointed out in one of these threads (there's so many 'world is ending' threads, I can't tell them apart), if Hartnell plays like he can, we can at least deal with the penalties. The problem is that when he's taking dumps on every shift, getting outmuscled by undersized defensemen, and turning the puck over all over the ice. Then the dumb penalties start to stand out a lot more with all the other crap.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2009, 05:20 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
I dont disagree with that about Laviolette, it very well may be the case.

Here is the thing though, who IS contributing more than just stupid penalties???

Old
12-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
I dont disagree with that about Laviolette, it very well may be the case.

Here is the thing though, who IS contributing more than just stupid penalties???
I haven't even been to the GDT from last night yet to see the responses...but I said last night my only untouchables are Carcillo and Timonen. Not many other positive performances lately.

And yes I realize Carcillo just came off a suspension and a 9 minute PP that single-handedly lost a game for us. His first two games back have been very good, however.

Old
12-16-2009, 05:42 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Exactly, as I pointed out in one of these threads (there's so many 'world is ending' threads, I can't tell them apart), if Hartnell plays like he can, we can at least deal with the penalties. The problem is that when he's taking dumps on every shift, getting outmuscled by undersized defensemen, and turning the puck over all over the ice. Then the dumb penalties start to stand out a lot more with all the other crap.
Flyhigh and Storm, I dont disagree with either of you here.....My only point, and i dont mean to be a broken record, but I will stop debating this afterwards cause we are just going in circles and I like you guys too much...... is that at this point the entire team stinks. Why are we sitting here complaining about Hartnell or Carter or Richards? You can pretty much use the same complaints for everyone right now.....not scoring, dumb penalties, etc.

They all need to play better individually and they need to play better as a team. Thats it.

Old
12-16-2009, 05:43 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
I haven't even been to the GDT from last night yet to see the responses...but I said last night my only untouchables are Carcillo and Timonen. Not many other positive performances lately.

And yes I realize Carcillo just came off a suspension and a 9 minute PP that single-handedly lost a game for us. His first two games back have been very good, however.
Yeah, I still dont agree that the 9 minute PP should be completely blamed on him....and it doesnt appear Lavi did either putting him on the first line when he came back.

I have missed the last couple games but sounds like he has played well!

Old
12-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Flyhigh and Storm, I dont disagree with either of you here.....My only point, and i dont mean to be a broken record, but I will stop debating this afterwards cause we are just going in circles and I like you guys too much...... is that at this point the entire team stinks. Why are we sitting here complaining about Hartnell or Carter or Richards? You can pretty much use the same complaints for everyone right now.....not scoring, dumb penalties, etc.

They all need to play better individually and they need to play better as a team. Thats it.
Well yeah, totally agree, it's just this is a Hartnell thread so we're discussing Hartnell. I actually think I started posting in here to defend him. Who knows at this point, every thread is constant negativity.

Old
12-16-2009, 05:49 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Hartnell is still much younger than Knuble was when Knuble started getting really good. Most people thought that Hartnell could replace Knuble in front of the net eventually. Unfortunately, it really looks as if Knuble left a year too soon. Hartnell is a solid player who needs to polish his game to make it to the next level. Maybe that will be in Philly and maybe that will be somewhere else.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote