HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings v. Flames: The Playoffs Come in December. Post Game THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
12-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
According to Hammond - Ersberg will start in net against SJ tomorrow

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 03:11 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
So, you don't like the fact that Staples is trying to draw in the minority crowd? Why?

And I'd hardly call the Black Eyed Peas the "lowest common denominator" in hip hop.

Their "Pump It" play on that song from Pulp Fiction is used in a lot of arenas.
You're missing the point.

I actually like some of the Black Eyed Peas. And they never played the whole song, just the start "Lets get it started in here" to open the game. Its lame, its overdone an its common. Hockey is none of those things.

They can appeal to the non-hockey fans all they want on billboards and on tv and on the internet, but I would far prefer them to appeal to the core of the fans at games than the new fans who are not even really sure where they are. I see them every game. I have no idea what they are doing there, and clearly, neither do they. This new music is for them, and that is wrong.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 03:13 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
The horrible music trend started in the 90s, not with the Briggs.
Well, its never been amazing. But there used to me much more good music. I used to hear Metallica and Ozzy and Pantera and even the beginning to Raining Blood by Slayer at games on a regular basis, and lately I am hearing less and less of it and more and more of stuff I never heard at games before in my life.

And I really just wanted to point out that I detest the Briggs. Obviously its not their fault. But they do suck, and that "This is LA" song is pathetic.

Old
12-08-2009, 03:25 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
According to Hammond - Ersberg will start in net against SJ tomorrow
I'm not happy with this decision at all. Put Ersberg in net vs. Phoenix! You've got a hot goalie right now, ridden him like a rented mule in every game up until this point, now you're going to break the guy's rhythm again? Murray made this same decision prior to the New York game, regretted going with Ersberg instead of Quick, and now he's doing it again.

Horrible decision.

- T

The Los Angeles Kings - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions
TonySCV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 03:26 PM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Well, its never been amazing. But there used to me much more good music. I used to hear Metallica and Ozzy and Pantera and even the beginning to Raining Blood by Slayer at games on a regular basis, and lately I am hearing less and less of it and more and more of stuff I never heard at games before in my life.

And I really just wanted to point out that I detest the Briggs. Obviously its not their fault. But they do suck, and that "This is LA" song is pathetic.
youre smokin crack bud. That song gives me goosebumps everytime we win!

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 03:28 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRule View Post
youre smokin crack bud. That song gives me goosebumps everytime we win!
I break out in hives.

Maybe they are just really vigorous goosebumps.

Old
12-08-2009, 03:29 PM
KingsRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
I break out in hives.

Maybe they are just really vigorous goosebumps.
haha, i dunno, that song just has a feel good vibe, basically just the chorus is all that song offers.

Old
12-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 2358
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
I'm not happy with this decision at all. Put Ersberg in net vs. Phoenix! You've got a hot goalie right now, ridden him like a rented mule in every game up until this point, now you're going to break the guy's rhythm again? Murray made this same decision prior to the New York game, regretted going with Ersberg instead of Quick, and now he's doing it again.

Horrible decision.

- T
Yep. TM seems to be overlooking a little thing called momentum.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 03:32 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRule View Post
haha, i dunno, that song just has a feel good vibe, basically just the chorus is all that song offers.
The chorus isn't terrible, but every time I hear "From the west coast shore...", I taste whatever I last ate.

Old
12-08-2009, 03:39 PM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

I'm pretty sure Murray is thinking that in terms of standings its more important to beat Phoenix then San Jose, San Jose is going to be in the playoffs no matter what and won't bump us out of a potential spot like Phoenix could.

CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 03:41 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post

Horrible decision.

- T
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Yep. TM seems to be overlooking a little thing called momentum.
and both of you have neglected to notice that the momentum right now is with the Phoenix Coyotes and their goaltender whose GAA is under 2 and a save percentage of .925%

recent history has also proven out that Kings/Coyotes has been determined by goaltending. Kings/Sharks is going to come down to how well the Kings control the center of the ice.

this is a great decision by Murray for a number of reasons. your back-up goaltender NEEDS to be ready to play in a game like this and an opponent like the Sharks.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
and both of you have neglected to notice that the momentum right now is with the Phoenix Coyotes and their goaltender whose GAA is under 2 and a save percentage of .925%

recent history has also proven out that Kings/Coyotes has been determined by goaltending. Kings/Sharks is going to come down to how well the Kings control the center of the ice.

this is a great decision by Murray for a number of reasons. you back-up goaltender NEEDS to be ready to play in a game like this and an opponent like the Sharks.
And you're assuming that I wanted EE to start against the yotes. I'm all for riding the hot hand. Keep playing Quick until he plays poorly or we lose a game.

Old
12-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I agree the music sucks. I've mentioned that on just about every survey I've taken from the Kings. Even the Ducks play Pantera and Slayer. Yet I'm subjected to this "Just Dance" or "P-p-p-pokerface". I'd rather the organ player just play the whole game instead of that ****. More organ and hard rock/metal, less top 40. I'm subjected to "party in the usa" more times in one day than I can take from the wonderful women I sit near at work. I dont' get how people listen to those top 40 stations. I have yet to here all 40 songs btw. So far I've heard about 20 and then the sequence repeats.

I hate Rob Zombie and I'm fine when they play his tunes there. At least it is rockin' and he is a Kings fan. that I can get on board with. But i don't need to here "Will I am, drop the beats now".

I wish they would've hired Suicidal Tendencies/Mike Muir or Downset or another heavier LA band to make a song for them. Hell even System of a Down would've worked even though I'm not a big fan of them either.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 03:46 PM
wabwat

Quote:
And you're assuming that I wanted EE to start against the yotes. I'm all for riding the hot hand. Keep playing Quick until he plays poorly or we lose a game.

so you want a burnt team and a burnt goaltender playing against a team that not only has won 5-straight, but they are breathing down your neck and have historically given you fits of near Calgary Flames proportions?

leave your fan at the door and think like a coach whose got some 50 or so games left this season.

Old
12-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Lead Role in a Cage

Kings are findings ways to win, against the better teams in the league, against the equals and against some of the worst. They are doing this with injuries to key players, without a functioning first line having its star player in a scoring drought for 13 games. They are doing this letting in WAY too many goals but are still finding ways to win those games as well, without being offensive powerhouse. They are winning high scoring and low scoring games. What is also massively impressive and quite remarkable, they are doing this with bottom 4 in the league penalty killing units and an average power play.

I think this last batch of games without Smyth and Scuderi, and a no-scoring Kopitar has proven a lot in terms of team, in absence of a better word, character.

What's the deal here?

Lead Role in a Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Winger23

This is freakin rediculous. You play your best goaltender against the better team in a back to back situation. Every f'ing coach in the league does this, why can't TM?

Maybe he will reward Ivanans for drawing a few penalties last game by moving him up to a scoring line while he is at it.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Winger23

Quote:
so you want a burnt team and a burnt goaltender playing against a team that not only has won 5-straight, but they are breathing down your neck and have historically given you fits of near Calgary Flames proportions?

leave your fan at the door and think like a coach whose got some 50 or so games left this season.
Playing Quick in this back to back isn't all that bad of an idea. Don't the kings have a 9 day break coming up starting next week or so?

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 03:54 PM
wabwat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
This is freakin rediculous. You play your best goaltender against the better team in a back to back situation. Every f'ing coach in the league does this, why can't TM?

Maybe he will reward Ivanans for drawing a few penalties last game by moving him up to a scoring line while he is at it.
and right now, Phoenix IS the better team.

the Kings aren't chasing the Sharks... they're being hotly chased by the Phoenix Coyotes.

Old
12-08-2009, 03:55 PM
KingsRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
I agree the music sucks. I've mentioned that on just about every survey I've taken from the Kings. Even the Ducks play Pantera and Slayer. Yet I'm subjected to this "Just Dance" or "P-p-p-pokerface". I'd rather the organ player just play the whole game instead of that ****. More organ and hard rock/metal, less top 40. I'm subjected to "party in the usa" more times in one day than I can take from the wonderful women I sit near at work. I dont' get how people listen to those top 40 stations. I have yet to here all 40 songs btw. So far I've heard about 20 and then the sequence repeats.

I hate Rob Zombie and I'm fine when they play his tunes there. At least it is rockin' and he is a Kings fan. that I can get on board with. But i don't need to here "Will I am, drop the beats now".

I wish they would've hired Suicidal Tendencies/Mike Muir or Downset or another heavier LA band to make a song for them. Hell even System of a Down would've worked even though I'm not a big fan of them either.
all i wanted was a pepsi.

Old
12-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:

Again, you're making assumptions. Who said JQ was "burnt"? As someone had noted previously, JQ's notorious for slow starts and now, he's finally getting into his groove and you want to sit him because you're worried that he may be "burnt"? Nonsense!

JQ don't need rest and he certainly don't need you to be his mommy.

Old
12-08-2009, 03:57 PM
kingsholygrail
Hail HYDRA!

Quote:

It's a road game. Save Quick for the home game.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 03:58 PM
wabwat

Quote:
Playing Quick in this back to back isn't all that bad of an idea. Don't the kings have a 9 day break coming up starting next week or so?

so you'd be willing to risk a 4-point swing on consecutive nights solely because Quick is hot right now?

dude, Bryzgalov has been off the hook, and the Kings haven't been able to score lately as it is. THAT game is coming down to goaltending.

i'd rather see a well rested Quick, and the decision to play Ersberg against San Jose is a no-brainer.

Old
12-08-2009, 03:59 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Selfishly I really wanted to see Ersberg at home. If it were up to me, even without my desire to see EE live for the first time in forever, I think I would go with Quick tomorrow. But oh, I dunno, I also thought Quick should have started against the Rangers... so what do I know.

Old
12-08-2009, 03:59 PM
wabwat

Quote:
Again, you're making assumptions. Who said JQ was "burnt"? As someone had noted previously, JQ's notorious for slow starts and now, he's finally getting into his groove and you want to sit him because you're worried that he may be "burnt"? Nonsense!

JQ don't need rest and he certainly don't need you to be his mommy.
apparently the coach thinks otherwise.

again, the choice is a real no-brainer.

Old
12-08-2009, 04:00 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
The more important game is vs. the team you're chasing, not one that's chasing you.

TonySCV is online now   Reply With Quote