HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Round 2 Thread.

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2004, 11:14 PM
Hockeycrazed07

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via AIM to Hockeycrazed07 Send a message via Yahoo to Hockeycrazed07
...and penalties will come to SJ, for which I can already see the whining on the wall. Fact is that Korky will be a diving machine too, likely, so it will go both ways.

~Crazed.

Old
04-20-2004, 11:34 PM
gruntsplatter

I'm hoping Teemu misses a gaping net for the AVs at some point in this series that costs them a game, doesn't have to be a game 7, just something so that I know that the Hockey Gods have some sense of justice in their cold cold veins.

Other than that I feel alright about the series. I would have rather played Vancouver for a couple reasons, one... them and Edmonton are my two favorite teams to see the Sharks go up against because they are always hard , spirited contests, two... because Vancouver was coming of a hard series and would have been battered and tired, where as the Avs have been resting almost as long as the Sharks. Three... Vancouver seems to have a slow wound when it comes to ultimately getting the job done. I don't feel like they have the confidence and the gumption that their talent levels says they should have and it always seems to end up biting them in the tush..

This will be a tough series no question, and one I'd imagine most folks dont' give the Sharks much of a chance in, but I'm not worried about the Avs for their weapons as much as I am for their sense of destiny. The Sharks can compete solidly with anyone in the league, especially over a series... I just hope they remember it the first time Forsberg undresses someone on the rush and scores a beauty.

Old
04-21-2004, 12:42 AM
AvengerK

Send a message via AIM to AvengerK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeycrazed07
Fact is that Korky will be a diving machine too, likely, so it will go both ways.

~Crazed.
Korky is 5'9". Doesn't make it right, but does make it more likely.

Old
04-21-2004, 12:43 AM
AvengerK

Send a message via AIM to AvengerK
Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntsplatter
I'm hoping Teemu misses a gaping net for the AVs at some point in this series that costs them a game, doesn't have to be a game
I hope so too. In game 4. When the Sharks lead the series 3-0. And the score is 1-0, with 2 seconds left to go.

Old
04-21-2004, 06:16 PM
mage23

Send a message via ICQ to mage23 Send a message via AIM to mage23 Send a message via MSN to mage23 Send a message via Yahoo to mage23
I posted this in the thread on the Playoff board too, but thought I'd also mention it here.

---

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playof...ry?page=colsan

Colorado power play vs. San Jose penalty kill
The Avalanche converted six of 21 power play opportunities against a Dallas team that has always been considered a good penalty-killing unit. Conversely, the Sharks gave up six power play goals on 21 chances against the Blues so based on what has happened to this point Colorado gets the advantage.

---

Funny, I remember the Sharks being 21 of 22 on the kill against St. Louis, not 15 of 21.

Old
04-21-2004, 07:10 PM
corbanSOG
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mage23
I posted this in the thread on the Playoff board too, but thought I'd also mention it here.

---

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playof...ry?page=colsan

Colorado power play vs. San Jose penalty kill
The Avalanche converted six of 21 power play opportunities against a Dallas team that has always been considered a good penalty-killing unit. Conversely, the Sharks gave up six power play goals on 21 chances against the Blues so based on what has happened to this point Colorado gets the advantage.

---

Funny, I remember the Sharks being 21 of 22 on the kill against St. Louis, not 15 of 21.

yeah, i noticed that. another example of how ignorant espn's analysts are. i don't disagree with engblom's overall analysis, but this shows that he didn't actually watch the sharks-blues series and is just looking at stats, and he can't even read the stats correctly.

Old
04-21-2004, 08:13 PM
what

Terrible proofreading on their part they probably used the same stat from the Colorado powerplay conversions against Dallas.

Old
04-22-2004, 01:50 AM
Hold the Pickles

Yeah in another ESPN article Marleau just scored the second hattie in sharks history. I know what he meant, but that would be pretty pathetic.

Closed Thread