HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Niklas Hjalmarsson

Old
12-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Selke

vCash: 500
Niklas Hjalmarsson

No, I'm not saying the Hawks would trade him. He has looked simply put, great. No doubt about it.

I wanna see a package that your team would offer (of fair value) for Nikky here. He is a RFA and at the end of the year and may command a decent $2.5-3.5 million a year deal. He is part of Chicago's plans for the future just want to see what the general consensus is to give up for a guy like this. I imagine not too many people have really noticed him but he will, without a doubt be a shut-down defenseman within a year or two and could play on somebody's top pairing.

Once again, try not to throw out your garbage in this deal and Hawk fans, try not to get so upset about what people offer. It's obviously not going to be as good as we think it should. But let's try to keep this going at least in the right direction.

Without cap in mind I'd like to see something like this...

Hjalmarsson
Campbell

for (PHI)

Carle
Bartulis

A very comparable deal.

Obviously a pick could be thrown in on either side probably Chicago's since this is essentially a salary dump but we are giving up the player with the most upside from 2nd and 3rd pairing guys.

Last edited by Selke: 12-08-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Selke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Falcons93

He's going to be a great player.

Falcons93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 03:56 PM
eklunds source

My favourite part was how you spend a paragraph or two talking about Hjarlmarsson and then sneak Campbell into the proposal.

Philadelphia is definitely an ideal candidate to dump $10m in salary on for Carle (3.5m) and a prospect. Clearly with 7 players making over $4.2m (and 6 making $5m+ next season!) they're in a position to take Campbell.

What does "without cap in mind" mean? You want to make a trade and just pretend it doesn't exist?

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 03:58 PM
BringBackStevens

Would like Hjalmarsson on the Flyers, but there is zero chance that the Flyers ever get Campbell.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Defense

K, get this staight. Campbell is untradeable. No one wants a 7.140 cap hit for 7 more years. It is just as bad as the Redden contract. You have to add assets like Skille and Beach, with Hjalmarsson, and a 1st round pick just to move him.

Defense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 04:00 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodamsHjammer View Post
Once again, try not to throw out your garbage in this deal

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 04:12 PM
matt trick

I think he is pointing out that the above proposal is the value he is looking for, and sees Philly as a team that could offer said value, but because of the cap, it is entirely unrealistic. For instance if Dallas, who has the cap space, and potentially the need (although admittedly not at Campbell's price) for a defensive upgrade, wanted to offer the equivalent of Carle+prospecct (i.e. Daley+prospect) for Campbell and Hjammer that is what he'd hope to acquire.

I don't think it is realistic, but I just want to point out that I don't believe he is trying to say that Philly should take on Campbell in any way, shape or form.

matt trick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 04:54 PM
tarlinian

How about Petrecki+Sexsmith+Huskins for Hjalmarsson?

tarlinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

To Chi- Shane O'Brien, 1st rd pick,
To Van- Niklas Hjalmarsson

Drop the Sopel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 05:08 PM
HawksTillDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3f3ns3 View Post
K, get this staight. Campbell is untradeable. No one wants a 7.140 cap hit for 7 more years. It is just as bad as the Redden contract. You have to add assets like Skille and Beach, with Hjalmarsson, and a 1st round pick just to move him.
how can someone use the word untradeable

you have a cordial relationship with every GM in the league..

go for you for jumping to a conclusion

you can say hard to trade, near impossible.. but dont say never

HawksTillDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Le Rosbeef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodamsHjammer View Post
without a doubt be a shut-down defenseman within a year or two and could play on somebody's top pairing.
Does that hamper his value? Boost it? I don't know...

I wonder because everything I've read about him implies he has some untapped offensive potential in his game. While it looks as an outsider to me that he's playing defensive fiddle on the Hawks blueline now, does he have the potential to be considered 2-way down the line or is that idea now defunct?

From his HF profile:
Hjalmarsson is the offensively gifted defensemen who likes to join the rush and shoot the puck. He also controls the physical aspect of the game and does not hesitate to play the body when given the opportunity. At times Hjalmarsson overworks the puck and gets lost in his defensive coverage

I've no idea how accurate this is though!

Le Rosbeef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Value = nothing because we wont trade him

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 05:37 PM
TweetyLeaf

Now tilt your head to the left (or right if you prefer) so that the eight looks like the symbol used for infinite and you got your answer. No GM would be willing to trade the player(s) or picks Bowman would want.

TweetyLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 01:58 AM
oilerfan17

Hjalmarsson is an absolute gem. If you haven't had the pleasure of watching this guy play hockey, please find some way to. Seeing him live is a treat. I would throw so much Chicago's way to get him it'd scare you.

oilerfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 02:09 AM
Lux Aurumque*

Bryan Little for Hjalmarsson and a pick?

Atlanta desperately needs a good defenseman to push Popovic out of the depth chart.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 02:19 AM
HawksTillDeath

Hjammer is the "new" age of defensemen

his stick is always in perfect position to poke away the puck in all situations.. unlike taking the body (which he can do - ask rene bourque), its much more effective for and keeps the puck moving along

he also is a tall lanky type of defensemen that shows excellent speed..
his offensive game isn't there YET, but most definitely will come as we see little glimpses here and there

i predict the hawks signing him long-term now when he is still somewhat of an unknown to many (non-hfboarders)

this offseason is all low as his value is going to get because he's ready to jump to the big time

ask any hawks fan they would take Hjalmarsson over Barker any day of the week

HawksTillDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 02:27 AM
Washington Capitals

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3f3ns3 View Post
Everyone is tradeable. If anything, it's his NTC that complicates things.

Washington Capitals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 03:00 AM
Selke

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
(1)My favourite part was how you spend a paragraph or two talking about Hjarlmarsson and then sneak Campbell into the proposal.

Philadelphia is definitely an ideal candidate to dump $10m in salary on for Carle (3.5m) and a prospect. (2)Clearly with 7 players making over $4.2m (and 6 making $5m+ next season!) they're in a position to take Campbell.

(2b)What does "without cap in mind" mean? You want to make a trade and just pretend it doesn't exist?
(1) Yeah, that was a sly move on my part to get a rise outta Flyer fans.

(2) I honestly don't know Philly's cap situation. That's what that meant.

Old
12-09-2009, 03:07 AM
Selke

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt trick View Post
I think he is pointing out that the above proposal is the value he is looking for, and sees Philly as a team that could offer said value, but because of the cap, it is entirely unrealistic. For instance if Dallas, who has the cap space, and potentially the need (although admittedly not at Campbell's price) for a defensive upgrade, wanted to offer the equivalent of Carle+prospecct (i.e. Daley+prospect) for Campbell and Hjammer that is what he'd hope to acquire.

I don't think it is realistic, but I just want to point out that I don't believe he is trying to say that Philly should take on Campbell in any way, shape or form.
Thank you. I'm glad somebody cared to read what I had wrote rather than just clicking on the thread and posting.

Obviously, as a Hawks fan. I DON'T WANT him to be moved...at all! The guy is a stud defensively. I too was looking at his HF Profile and it didn't really say too much about him that a common fan sees.

Just kind of wanted to see what his value is. He is obviously one of the best defensive prospects (not so much a prospect anymore) around the league.

Old
12-09-2009, 04:01 AM
Dutch Dreams

Don't do this guy. Dump Campbell however you may. Put him on waivers... Don't let these ugly contracts screw you...Is Hossa tradeable??

Dutch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 08:31 AM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath View Post
ask any hawks fan they would take Hjalmarsson over Barker any day of the week
No doubt about it.

I would give Barker away for free, if it meant keeping Hammer.

I'm hoping he takes a second contract similar to the one Keith took - although I think he'll get more money as Keith was robbed.

Hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 08:48 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkster View Post
No doubt about it.

I would give Barker away for free, if it meant keeping Hammer.

I'm hoping he takes a second contract similar to the one Keith took - although I think he'll get more money as Keith was robbed.
Not tryna be one of those guys that craps on the Hawks cap situation, but this one really ensures that there will need to be a player moved.

Assuming Hammer resigns for 6mil and Seabrook for 6mil as well, that leaves your D-Men all having incredibly high salaries in, say, 2011-12...

Keith- 5.5
Seabrook- 6
Hjalmarsson- 6
Campbell- 7.14
Barker- 3.1 (I know he will likely be gone by then, but still...)

Thats almost 28 million tied up in 5dmen, so lets assume total 29 million on D.

Huet for 5.5, Toews and Kane @6.3, Versteeg @ 3.1, Bolland @ 3.375, Sharp @ 3.9, and Hossa @ 5.2

That's around 62 million on 12 players! It's an amazing group of players, and obviously some will go in time, but still... It looks like on of Seabrook or Hammer will need to go, and from what you've said, it will probably be Seabrook.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 09:05 AM
xicethug13x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcrew View Post
Not tryna be one of those guys that craps on the Hawks cap situation, but this one really ensures that there will need to be a player moved.

Assuming Hammer resigns for 6mil and Seabrook for 6mil as well, that leaves your D-Men all having incredibly high salaries in, say, 2011-12...

Keith- 5.5
Seabrook- 6
Hjalmarsson- 6
Campbell- 7.14

Huet for 5.5, Toews and Kane @6.3, Versteeg @ 3.1, Bolland @ 3.375, Sharp @ 3.9, and Hossa @ 5.2

That's around 62 million on 12 players! It's an amazing group of players, and obviously some will go in time, but still... It looks like on of Seabrook or Hammer will need to go, and from what you've said, it will probably be Seabrook.
no offense but are you smoking crack?..seabs and hjalmarson are great dman for teh hawks but neither one will be making 6mil next contract....seabs will get a bit less than keith but definitly not more....and hjalmarson(i love the guy 3rd best dman on teh hawks)...but he will not get anything near 6mil from anyone are you crazy...he will get between 2-3 mil ..hawks will definitly resign him because he is very very important to them...but hes worth 3.5 tops and will take a bit of a discount i see him getting hopefully about 2-2.5 mil but at most he will get 3 mil like barker did....but definitly not 6

as for the original ?...i cant see the hawks trading him at all he is way to valuable to them...i think he is a top 6 or 7 player in order of importance to the team....and any deal that was fair player value im sure would get killed by the cap..hawks need to lock him up long term this summer like 5-6 year at least hopefully for under 3 per...he is our 3rd best dman and ina year or 2 he will be considered a top paring stay at home type....we need him......

if he was to be moved it would have to be a big payment ..ill go back to the phily thread about carter it would have to be something like carter +coburn for hjalmarson+versteeg...off course phily doesnt do that and tahtss my point hjalmarson is staying put for a long time he should be considred part of teh core....move barker...move campbell....in teh next yera or 2 i see the d looking like this
keith-seabs
hjalmarson-lalonde
carlson-vet?
hendry

xicethug13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 09:19 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Hjalmarsson and Seabrook at 6million dollars each. Hahaha!!!

This thread delivers.

britdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Hawkster
Got Cup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcrew View Post

Keith- 5.5
Seabrook- 6
Hjalmarsson- 6
Campbell- 7.14

$6m for Hjalmarsson?

I meant (although I certainly could have worded it better) that I'm hoping for something close to Keith's 2nd contract, not his 3rd.

I've fixed my original post..

"I'm hoping he takes a second contract similar to the second contract Keith took - although I think he'll get more money as Keith was robbed."

Last edited by Hawkster: 12-09-2009 at 09:28 AM. Reason: add corrected post
Hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote