HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Make Mc. Clement captain

Old
12-09-2009, 12:47 PM
fan in oregon

vCash: 500
Make Mc. Clement captain

Since the Blues arent gonna fire Murray or make a big trade anytime soon. Maybe they can jump start the team by naming a new captain. I think Jay Mc.Clement would be the perfect canidate. Hes been here for a long time the coach and the players like him and hes a hard worker. I am not a Brewer basher but I think its time for change. So lets give Mc. Clement a chance and see what he can do GO BLUES

fan in oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

I nominate Fan in Ore.Gone as Captain of the St. Louis Blues board here at HFBoards.

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Blueshockey2*

Screw it, make Darryl Sydor captain, he's got the most experience on this team

Blueshockey2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 01:56 PM
EOM

Tkachuk until he retires, then Oshie or EJ.

EOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 02:19 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 2238
Let's give Clement an "MC".

HANDZ 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 02:24 PM
ChicagoBlues

While McClement is my favorite Blues player, I don't think he'd be a vocal enough captain. He'd be a decent captain, but he's naturally very quiet and reserved. Not the type of personality that I'd want for the Blues captain.

Oshie for captain.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 03:01 PM
concept*

I'd go with EJ, honestly. He's shown through his quotes in the media that he has the mindset of a winner and of a great teammate. I haven't heard crap from or about McClement, and Oshie, while he works hard and is entertaining, is somewhat inconsistent.

concept* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Gaels

I vote for EJ!

Gaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Randall Ritchey
TFP Correspondent

Erik Johnson - C
Keith Tkachuk - A
Jay McClement - A "home only"
Paul Kariya - A "away only"

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 12:28 AM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshniak View Post
Erik Johnson - C
Keith Tkachuk - A
Jay McClement - A "home only"
Paul Kariya - A "away only"
That's kinda funny!

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 01:03 AM
kfox9611

Ej is Definatly the captain of the future. I hate the long decade contracts being thrown out, but if there is a blues player that deserves one its Erik.

I want Oshie tied up for many years to come as well. I at least want a few good years out of the Oshie Jersey jersey i bought earlier this year haha

Very good points on why Jay should be captain, but I don't think their just gonna strip Brewer like that. Thats not a way to treat a leader on the team. But by all means I'm counting his days in a Blues uniform, It would be nice to see a 'C' on the ice for at least half the games in a season.

Next few years, EJ captain, Oshie with an A, and McClemment with an A.

Is there anybody in the system (Petro, Eller, McCrae, Rundblad) that could be captain or assistant material in the future?

Blues Cup in 2010.. It could happen

kfox9611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 11:24 PM
sbkbghockey

1st) I'll say anyone but Brewer please!! he's worthless!!

2nd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EOM View Post
Tkachuk until he retires, then Oshie or EJ.
Walt should have been the past few seasons instead of Brewer, kinda sad its probably not going to happen, he's an awesome leader for the team

3rd i agree with this;
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox9611 View Post
Ej is Definatly the captain of the future. I hate the long decade contracts being thrown out, but if there is a blues player that deserves one its Erik.

I want Oshie tied up for many years to come as well. I at least want a few good years out of the Oshie Jersey jersey i bought earlier this year haha

Very good points on why Jay should be captain, but I don't think their just gonna strip Brewer like that. Thats not a way to treat a leader on the team. But by all means I'm counting his days in a Blues uniform, It would be nice to see a 'C' on the ice for at least half the games in a season.

Next few years, EJ captain, Oshie with an A, and McClemment with an A.

Is there anybody in the system (Petro, Eller, McCrae, Rundblad) that could be captain or assistant material in the future?

Blues Cup in 2010.. It could happen

sbkbghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Polaris
Cold as Ice

I still think the Blues fumbled a bit by not making Barret Jackman the captain when they had the chance. Though if I remember correctly, he hadn't yet signed an extension, which made it a bit of a risk to give him the "C".

In any case, my ideal setup (at least for this season) would be:

C - Barret Jackman
A - Keith Tkachuk
A - rotate it between guys like McClement, Backes, and Polak. Some of the "older" young guys.

Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 09:24 AM
TuukYou14

I believe backes has the potential to become the future captain of the blues. He's not afraid to stand up for his teammates, and he's a hell of a lot more vocal than the majority.

In an interview recently on the fast lane on 101.espn mason was on talking about leadership of the team, and was asked the question.. "who is really standing up and becoming the best leaders for the young guys, and really giving life to the team"

His response did not include the teams "captain" brewer... instead he said guys like jackman, big walt, and sydor are really great, and are the most vocal leaders in the locker room. This interview was prior to brewer's recent absence.

It is pretty sad when your captain's name doesn't come up when a player is asked who are the big leaders on the team. I think this interview said more than anyone could ever say.

I'll look for a link to it, and post it if i can find it somewhere.

-james

TuukYou14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:31 AM
jmwc95

Backes isn't disciplined enough for me. He also isn't signed past next year. I think you want someone you plan on keeping with the Blues for a long time. That's why I would name Johnson captain next season. I also think that's why you don't make Jackman a captain. He might not be in their long term plans. In the future, I think Oshie should wear the A.

jmwc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Blueshockey2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwc95 View Post
Backes isn't disciplined enough for me. He also isn't signed past next year. I think you want someone you plan on keeping with the Blues for a long time. That's why I would name Johnson captain next season.

I love EJ...But my vote goes for Backes, he poises all the needs for a true captain...He hits, he scores, he'll stand up for himself and teammates, he'll get vocal on the ice, he'll put his body on the line on the PK...Blues will sign Backes long term

Blueshockey2* is offline   Reply With Quote