HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HP Printer won't print because something is still in the cue

Old
12-10-2009, 08:38 AM
I am the Liquor
Nelson got screwed

vCash: 1271
Macs are the higher priced imports that cost more but are more reliable and last longer.

PC's are the Buick's, Dodge's and Ford's that cost less, are easier and cheaper to fix, but break down more often and dont last as long.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 08:55 AM
theranfordflop

vCash: 500
Hey why don't you get Robbie Schremp to fix it for you?!!

Yes! Back on topic!

theranfordflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 777
Its been my experience with anything you purchase that it is 99 percent entirely reliant upon the person who bought it and how they treat it on whether it will work they way it should for a long time. Whether its a Car or Computer.

Joe Hallenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 09:36 AM
theranfordflop

Not to continue this ridiculous, futile debate or anything, but I had an interesting realization actually the other day:

I was a hardcore PC guy, just did not like Macs at all. Then I got an Intel MacBook Pro, and I've been using it as my primary for a while now, and I really really enjoy using it.

Now as a PC guy, I know that all those stupid pro-mac arguments are mostly completely false. And as an experienced Mac user, I know that all those snippy Mac attacks are also generally inconsequential. So why do I enjoy my Mac experience more?

Well... It's because time is experienced differently on a Mac. The user experience is geared towards giving the feeling that you are in a bubble, and in that bubble everything takes just the right amount of time.

Running a filter in Photoshop might take 3 seconds longer on a Mac in reality, but in this bubble, that's just exactly the right amount of time for the filter to run. Rarely have I ever sat at my Mac, frustrated, waiting for something to process. But that exact same process, with the exact same amount of time elapsed on a Windows PC would probably have frustrated me to no end.

Anyways, just thought I'd share that little nugget. Ubuntu FTW!

theranfordflop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 10:30 AM
MrPrez

At one time, PC vs Mac was a thinly guised straight vs gay debate:

MrPrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 10:33 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch101 View Post
oh, please please please .... Mod's please lock this thread.

Why does there have to be one of these threads every year. There will always be fans of one or the other, and trust me ... I have mine, but its totally pointless to argue it. Like someone on here is going to go "Oh, I see your point, well ... I think I'll throw my system out and get a new system" ....
hey we gotta have our fan somehow sometimes

and using BBO as a whipping boy can be fun

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
hey we gotta have our fan somehow sometimes

and using BBO as a whipping boy can be fun
What happened to Richard?

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 06:33 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
What happened to Richard?

He was causing too many people to lose their dinners on their computer

I had a perfect one where mr burns has mr smither bent over and has his way with him

I submitted it to one of the more friendlier mods I know and he said thaere would be astampede of mods and admins to nail me with infractions and the moment one saw it I would either get a 15 day suspension or banned all together. I thought it looked funny when smithers eyes bugged out

Old
12-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
He was causing too many people to lose their dinners on their computer

I had a perfect one where mr burns has mr smither bent over and has his way with him

I submitted it to one of the more friendlier mods I know and he said thaere would be astampede of mods and admins to nail me with infractions and the moment one saw it I would either get a 15 day suspension or banned all together. I thought it looked funny when smithers eyes bugged out
You sure like that sort of thing don't you?

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 08:48 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
You sure like that sort of thing don't you?
Me cause intentional intestinal reaction. Never

Old
12-11-2009, 01:37 AM
Patch101

Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Macs are the higher priced imports that cost more but are more reliable and last longer.

PC's are the Buick's, Dodge's and Ford's that cost less, are easier and cheaper to fix, but break down more often and dont last as long.
but ... but .... I have a Chevy Optra. The Shell is American, but all the mechanical is actually an import. Is that like a Mac that has Intel parts

Patch101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 05:05 AM
I am the Liquor
Nelson got screwed

Quote:
but ... but .... I have a Chevy Optra. The Shell is American, but all the mechanical is actually an import. Is that like a Mac that has Intel parts
That's the worst of both worlds. No re-sale value and expensive to fix. Good luck with that.

Old
12-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Patch101

Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
That's the worst of both worlds. No re-sale value and expensive to fix. Good luck with that.
well, its my wife`s car. I drive an F150. AND the optra is actually a wicked car. Its an 04, with 75,000kms, and has never needed a mechanic. Drives and feels like a import. My only problem with the car is using to much gas for a 2L engine, but it has a ton of power for a little car. I believe the same engine in Europe is a turbo`d version. So I know the engine can take a lot of ****. I got it 2nd hand, with 30,000kms on it at the time, and the car had such good reviews and was super cheap to buy. I don`t regret it one bit. I intend to keep it till I have kids ... then I`m thinking about a H. Sonata. Great price, great reputation over the last decade in america, I`ve driven a rental and I liked it quite a bit.

Last edited by Patch101: 12-11-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Patch101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 03:05 PM
I am the Liquor
Nelson got screwed

Quote:
well, its my wife`s car. I drive an F150. AND the optra is actually a wicked car. Its an 04, with 75,000kms, and has never needed a mechanic. Drives and feels like a import. My only problem with the car is using to much gas for a 2L engine, but it has a ton of power for a little car. I believe the same engine in Europe is a turbo`d version. So I know the engine can take a lot of ****. I got it 2nd hand, with 30,000kms on it at the time, and the car had such good reviews and was super cheap to buy. I don`t regret it one bit. I intend to keep it till I have kids ... then I`m thinking about a H. Sonata. Great price, great reputation over the last decade in america, I`ve driven a rental and I liked it quite a bit.
Glad to hear that. I was recently in the market for a newer model used economy car and saw one but was scared away by it being a chevy.

Old
12-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Spiff The Spaceman

Quote:
Some Macs has Intel running them....

Spiff The Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 09:08 PM
Rin

Quote:

Do you really have a Chevy Optra? I can probably count on one hand how many other Optra's I've seen since I bought mine.

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote