HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brian Lee out "indefinitely"...

Old
12-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Section ThirtyOne

vCash: 500
Brian Lee out "indefinitely"...

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pb...Id=personaDest

What do you make of this? As Senschirp mentions in his blog, it seems odd that someone gets demoted, then sidelined with "the flu", and now out indefinitely.

Let's do what HFBoards does best, and speculate away! What do you think is going on?

Section ThirtyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Super Six
The Future has CLASS

Uh oh.....

Karlsson.

Super Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 08:24 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

Maybe they knew he was injured. but you can't send down an injured player if i'm not mistaking. They didn't want to say that he was injured so they could send him down?

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Alfredsson11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
Maybe they knew he was injured. but you can't send down an injured player if i'm not mistaking. They didn't want to say that he was injured so they could send him down?
If he was injured im sure they wouldn't send him down as im pretty sure he would get better medical attention in Ottawa.

I don't really know what to make of it.

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 08:42 PM
source

Strange indeed. Maybe something happened to Lee off the ice or in practice?

Whether or not they are trading him, I'm not sure that this injury has anything to do with it.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 08:48 PM
PhysicalTorque

When you're injured, you're treated where you received the injury. For him, it may have been Ottawa! I don't know what to make of this, cool! That means he was with us the entire time!
Haha, Karlsson gets sent down lol.

PhysicalTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 08:48 PM
MatthewT

seems strange.... I would be interested to hear from a bingo fan

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Leachman

Where's that B sens insider dude?

Leachman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Alfredsson11

I was reading something earlier when Lee was first sent down he was complaining about the flu but he played against the Marlies because they only had 5 D. He hasnt played since.

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 08:59 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
omg, whats next, he'll be late because someone slashed his tires?!

Karlsson

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

I'll sniff around this weekend and see what ppl say, I haven't really heard anything but haven't pursued it too hard either..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 12:36 PM
ud

whatever the case he still sucks... so hopefully they are planning to move him.

ud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Chrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ud View Post
whatever the case he still sucks... so hopefully they are planning to move him.

I disagree with that. He's more reliable than any of Campoli, Picard and Karlsson defensively. Lee has definately proven himself as a capable #4. The issue seems to be his two-way contract status and/or management doesn't seem to like him.

Either way I also hope he gets moved, so everyone can move on. I think Lee does deserve better than what he's gotten from Ottawa.

Chrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 01:05 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrass View Post
I disagree with that. He's more reliable than any of Campoli, Picard and Karlsson defensively. Lee has definately proven himself as a capable #4. The issue seems to be his two-way contract status and/or management doesn't seem to like him.

Either way I also hope he gets moved, so everyone can move on. I think Lee does deserve better than what he's gotten from Ottawa.
Picard? seriously?

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Chrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
Picard? seriously?

Are you meaning to suggest that Picard is more reliable defensively than Lee? If so, I definitely disagree. Picard certainly has more offensive upside, but Lee is better defensively.

Old
12-10-2009, 01:46 PM
HSF

Quote:
Are you meaning to suggest that Picard is more reliable defensively than Lee? If so, I definitely disagree. Picard certainly has more offensive upside, but Lee is better defensively.
yes, that is why Picard was in a top 4 defensemen role since the start of the season while Lee was not

It is easy to say the guy who plays a lot less mins and against 3rd/4th liners is better than the guy who has to face 1st/2nd liners and has to play more mins

Old
12-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Chrass

Quote:
yes, that is why Picard was in a top 4 defensemen role since the start of the season while Lee was not

It is easy to say the guy who plays a lot less mins and against 3rd/4th liners is better than the guy who has to face 1st/2nd liners and has to play more mins
Picard has played a lot with Carkner as well. In my estimation both Lee and Picard have played a very equal share of time as either #5 or #4. Lee's minutes were very similar to that of Picards with the difference coming in terms of PP time. Thus your interpretation is off. Lee was also playing with Phillips for a few games when Volchenkov was out, and did a very good job playing against top liners, this when Picard played on the 2nd pairing.

The defensive gaffs comparison is not even close between these two either, with Picard taking the cake. I'm not sure how you could see it the other way quite honeslty.

Old
12-10-2009, 02:37 PM
HSF

Quote:
Picard has played a lot with Carkner as well. In my estimation both Lee and Picard have played a very equal share of time as either #5 or #4. Lee's minutes were very similar to that of Picards with the difference coming in terms of PP time. Thus your interpretation is off. Lee was also playing with Phillips for a few games when Volchenkov was out, and did a very good job playing against top liners, this when Picard played on the 2nd pairing.

The defensive gaffs comparison is not even close between these two either, with Picard taking the cake. I'm not sure how you could see it the other way quite honeslty.
again Picard plays against 1st/2nd liners while Lee's pairing is against 3rd and 4th liners and this is since the start of the season, not just a "few" games

Old
12-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Chrass

Quote:
again Picard plays against 1st/2nd liners while Lee's pairing is against 3rd and 4th liners and this is since the start of the season, not just a "few" games
Picard started the season playing with Carkner against 3rd and 4th liners. He never played the first pairing (that's Phillips/Volch or Phillips/Kuba and for a few games it was Phillips/Lee) - so Picard does not play against 1st liners, and never does except during the PK, but since Lee also played the PK against 1st liners its a wash in the PK regard. Overall, however, Lee actually got more overall time against 1st liners due to his brief apperance with Phillips.

Which means, when Lee was here he played predominantly against 1nd, 2nd and 3rd liners. So, your analysis is way off.

The only consistency in Picard's game came in the last 4 games prior to his injury. Before those games, he literally cost us wins (on 2 occassions for sure) simply due to his incrredibly poor defensive lapses. Offensively, he certainly provides something Lee doesn't.

Lee demonstrated consistency playing his role on the 2nd pairing, and his time on the first pairing. He never cost us a game. While he's not spectacular at anything, he's not horrible at anything either. He's a safe player, who shows flashes of offense.

Old
12-10-2009, 03:20 PM
kyle747

Lee was much better for us than Campoli or Picard

Both Campoli and Picard should be better offensively, problem is they aren't producing much. So you might as well go with Lee.

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 03:25 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Didn't Picard start the year as the healthy scratch, and only got in when Kuba got hurt?

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 03:26 PM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post

Both Campoli and Picard should be better offensively, problem is they aren't producing much. So you might as well go with Lee.
12 pts is 25GP? That's a 40 point pace over 82 GP. That's very decent.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Sensfanman

Quote:

Picard has been quite good this year, notice how much we sucked on the PP since he has been injured. Campoli has been very mediocre. What happened to his 40 point pace of last year? Maybe he liked Heatley a lot, who knows.

I'd take Lee of Camps, but not over Picard.

Sensfanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 03:32 PM
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

Quote:

What team were you watching? Picard has clearly been the best of the 3. If Lee was better, why did he not eat up PK and PP minutes like Picard was?

PoutineSp00nZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 04:11 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Didn't Picard start the year as the healthy scratch, and only got in when Kuba got hurt?
hmm i dunno, but Kuba got hurt the first game did he not?

either way Picard has been a top 4 defensemen since then as Volch went down when Kuba came back and Picard went down after Volch came...

For once i would like too see out defense with everyone we want in there. i think our defense is solid enough to make the palyoffs and Picard should be able to help the PP like he has already done