HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

management has to do something

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2009, 10:25 PM
fimoknete

vCash: 500
management has to do something

i know holland said he will not take action.

but....

every management has to take corrective action if something is wrong. in every company in every team.
huge lack of scoring is a kind of beeing something wrong.
simply going on like in the past no matter how bad we are is no good option to me.

watching nhl since 1991 i was impressed by detroit management all the way.
but since 3 years they really suck. simply to much faults.
giving away quincey for nothing instead of lebda or meech, doesn't squeeze a home town discout out of franzen, give rafalski a ntc and still have him at this team for this money, let hudler walk away, let samuelsson walk away, hire bertuzzi TWO times, having still lebda, meech and erricson in the team, osgood is done since two years and no prospects are on the way up. what kind of management is that? do you really believe they still can handle the nhl? i don't. looks to me that holland is in trouble since the cap space came to the nhl.

looks like detroit needs more empty seats until holland will realize he will hurt the salary cap in the future with doing nothing. the people will not paying money for getting outscored by the opponent in our building for ever. crowd will go less and less if we go on this way. this will hurt our cap space.

babcock doesn't look better. watch the eyes of the player when osgood lets in a easy one every game. simply frustration. this is a coach issue. if ones the believe into the team is destroyed the players will start to realize that they will receive the money no matter what **** they are playing. then they don't play for the cup they will play "or not" for money. we don't need datsyuk and zetterberg playing like alex yashin. you can see it at the moment in no scoring for zet and dats. this is a coaching and management issue.

i know lidstrom did a lot for detroit. but every story have to end. that counts for all the veterants in detroit.
lidstrom is simply not playing like a 6,7 million defense man. -4 in the last 10 games. rafalski doesn't either. +-0 the last ten games. if we can't get more goals then the opponent with this line, what line can do this in detroit?

i see the hate coming for this post but somebody has to say the truth. drop down your detroit glasses. face the reality.
do you really think we can't score because of the injuries? datsyuk and zetterberg are healthy. our first line is complete healthy.
what a bad excuse. and what happen if we are healthy and doesn't score then? whos fault is it then? referee? unfair calling? goalie? who will be the wipping boy?

this team needs a big change and should start with holland. there is no difference at the moment between the detroit and the atlanta management. both can't do nothing.
i will not spend one more dollar for this management performance.

come on holland, do something.

Old
12-09-2009, 10:43 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

vCash: 500
I agree with your feelings. What really blew my mind was how we let all those goalscorers go (who are now doing just fine in their respective teams) and brought in...well, trash. Cap space, whatever, I'm sure something else could have been done. I know it.

I saw an interview recently with Holland and he really didn't seem to give a damn! I don't know what they can do from here onwards. Just bomb this season and wait for the next one? That is going to be painful to watch. Worse ranked teams are playing better than us and we are sneaking in lucky wins. We can win against the Rangers at MSG but we can't beat the Blues at the Joe? What the ...?

We need to be realistic about the options and at the moment its either stick with what we have got and try to get something at the trade deadline or maybe give a few "kids" a chance. I guarantee it, if you give a talented youngster a chance he will fight his *** off to keep his place (not like that noob cake Ericsson). i am sorry for you Ericsson supporters who want to give him time, but come on!! I want ONE good game from him, just one. There are rookies all over the NHL who make him look like a drunken clueless fool.

I don't have the patience to list all the flaws of each player, but I cannot for the life of me name 1 who has been consistent so far. Not ONE! Howard is the only reason we are not losing worse than 1-0 against the Blues. What scares me even more...Osgood is going to play Anaheim , yes, now let's try to catch up a four or five goal deficit after the 2nd period.

I am a true fan of the Red Wings, but I did not start supporting them to watch them sit back and self destruct in this fashion. It's borderline insulting. Detroit hasn't been going thru the best of times atm and now ontop of that they can't even get their best sports team to perform well.

About Lidstrom, there is nooo way that he was playing worse last season. i'm not having that. If this is how its going to be for the rest of the season, then hang them up Nick, we are not paying you even 4 million for another season. Harsh to say that to one of the greatest captains and players we have ever had, but I want results, not stats from the past.

We are nearing mid-December. Nearly half-way, yes? We were not like this last season, that is for sure. We lost players during the off-season then it is up to the management to find ADEQUATE players for replacement. They did not do that, and now they will pay the consequences.

Rant over.

Old
12-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Take the night off, then look at the threads that discuss specifics.... trade deadline, specific players, the cap...... It's all here.

The world is ending threads only invite flaming. If you want to vent about tonight's game, the GDT is still up.

Closed.

Closed Thread