HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The Official Flyers' Board NHL Discussion Thread & Fantasy Talk #2

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Valhoun*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I'm waiting for video, but I hear Kaleta took a cheap shot from Jarkko Ruutu. And I'll stop there.

Old
12-16-2009, 11:43 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Joffrey Lupul out 6-8 weeks with a herniated disk

Old
12-17-2009, 08:58 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
I'm in need of some serious goal scorers. I have a defunct Pavel Datsyuk rotting on my bench. Would anyone recommend trying to move him for a mid-level scorer (given his current value) or would you recommend waiting it out to see if he comes out of the slump?

My current centers are Cannon, Brad Cannon, Rich Pevercannon, and Nate Horton as a C/RW.

Old
12-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
I'm in need of some serious goal scorers. I have a defunct Pavel Datsyuk rotting on my bench. Would anyone recommend trying to move him for a mid-level scorer (given his current value) or would you recommend waiting it out to see if he comes out of the slump?

My current centers are Cannon, Brad Cannon, Rich Pevercannon, and Nate Horton as a C/RW.
Cannon is slumping too so you're not doing too well there at the center position.

When does Franzen come back? That team is suffering a lot of injuries so if Franzen comes back soon then I would wait it out till then and see if something gets ignited then. Otherwise, I would actually see what I could get for Datysuk+Richards.

Old
12-18-2009, 06:15 PM
puckwild

Kind of a fantasy ? about JVR

I was high on your team and him before the year started, but some things have come to light. I even drafted him in both of the leagues I play in. One is very multi scoring based, and I have noticed that he almost never gets pims, hits, or blocks shots. I know he is young, but does this concern you philly fans at all? I've heard him compaired to Nash, but the only thing I see there is his size. I know he's young, but I think you either have that aggressiveness or not.

Old
12-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Lomark

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckwild View Post
I was high on your team and him before the year started, but some things have come to light. I even drafted him in both of the leagues I play in. One is very multi scoring based, and I have noticed that he almost never gets pims, hits, or blocks shots. I know he is young, but does this concern you philly fans at all? I've heard him compaired to Nash, but the only thing I see there is his size. I know he's young, but I think you either have that aggressiveness or not.
He is young. And that aggressiveness usually comes with age for most skilled players. Forsberg didn't have his mean streak when he first entered the league for example. Also, his average ice time so far is 13.47 per game..
I think eventually he will round out to be a skilled power forward in the Nash mold. So far he has looked more like a passer than a finisher tho..

Old
12-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Mr Oysterhead

I wouldn't expect JVR to become necessarily a "physical" player. I remember reading quotes from him before the season started that said something to the effect of "you can be a presence without really hitting anyone".

And as for JVR not getting PIMs, that's a fantastic rarity in these parts.

The Nash comparisons come up a lot. Not sure I'd say that but JVR is going to be a very good hockey player.

Old
12-18-2009, 07:59 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Watch your highlights tonight for ToskaLOL.

Old
12-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Watch your highlights tonight for ToskaLOL.
It amazes me that both him and Lalime still have work. I thought at least one of the two would have been bought out by now (or waived or w/e).

Old
12-19-2009, 03:10 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

I don't know if this news was distributed in the US outside of Minnesota, but the Wild had a cargo van catch fire in Ottawa and some of the team's equipment was destroyed; they sent the equipment manager back to Minnesota to pick up spare parts. It was originally suggested that their game against the Sens may be postponed, but it looks like it will go ahead as scheduled.

Here's the TSN link:

Quote:
The Minnesota Wild have been hot lately, but it was Minnesota's equipment that caught fire Friday and left the NHL team scrambling ahead of its game against the Ottawa Senators.

Much of the team's gear was damaged when a fire broke out in the back of the cube van carrying the equipment from a practice rink to Scotiabank Place, where Minnesota plays the Senators on Saturday night.

"There was a fire in an equipment van in the parking lot at Scotiabank Place this afternoon. No one was injured, but some of the Minnesota Wild's hockey equipment was damaged. The Wild is in the process of taking inventory to determine the damage to the equipment," the team said in a statement.

The statement added that the game would proceed as scheduled, so the Wild were forced to make hasty arrangements in order to get replacement gear in time for the contest.

Last edited by CanadianFlyer88: 12-19-2009 at 03:17 AM.
Old
12-19-2009, 06:13 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Very vocal Habs' fans signing 'O Canada' on Long Island.

Old
12-21-2009, 03:01 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I liked the article I read about Legein. Do you think he could be on the team next season? A JVR-Giroux-Legein line would be scary as hell to play against. Not too big, but extremely skilled. For next season, we don't really need Asham, we have Lappy and Carcillo to have for fighters and if we need someone bigger (fighting bigger people) we bring in Cote. Overall, re-sign Betts, Carcillo, Powe, and Parent and maybe, I mean maybe, Pyorala. Let go of Asham, Coburn, and OKT. Find a capable 6th D-man, and if Marshall or Bourdon is ready, let them play next season. Flyers should have enough for that. Sorry, I know it's random and still early in the season, I just really wanted to throw this out because it was in my head at the time and didn't feel like forgetting it .

Old
12-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Valhoun*

Semin comes off greedy as hell in the interviews and stories surrounding his 1 year contract. I mean, I don't blame him, it's his right to go to Free Agency but there aren't a lot of places I'd rather be playing than Washington right now in terms of future success on the ice.

Old
12-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Kaktus*

Prospal is out 10 days to 3 weeks

http://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie

Old
12-28-2009, 01:05 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Kyle Calder was waived today by Anaheim

Old
12-28-2009, 01:41 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Kaleta strikes again. I hope he never plays for the Flyers.

Old
12-28-2009, 01:55 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Kaleta strikes again. I hope he never plays for the Flyers.
Did he turtle right after that too?

None of this surprises me in the least.

Old
12-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post

That's not even a "he meant to use his shoulder" hit. That's just a blatant elbow that he had to go out of his way to attempt. He's a ******.

Old
12-28-2009, 02:38 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
That's not even a "he meant to use his shoulder" hit. That's just a blatant elbow that he had to go out of his way to attempt. He's a ******.
Yep. Saw him pull this **** in the OHL for a few years, and get away with most of it.

If you're going to play that dirty, at least have the body parts to own up to it and take what's coming. But he never has, and likely never will.

Old
12-28-2009, 02:56 PM
IrishSniper87

Apparently the Caps traded Captain Clark and Jurcina to Columbus for Jason Chimera.

if so, wtf are they thinking unless they get picks?

EDIT: Well, they free up some serious cap space.

Chimera - $1.875 the next few years

Clark - $2.633 thru next year
Jurcina - $1.375 expiring contract

if I didn't know any better, I'd say the Caps are trying to create cap space for a push at Nieds or someone.

Could you imagine a Semin + for Kovalchuk deal????? Holy mother of gosh.

Last edited by IrishSniper87: 12-28-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old
12-28-2009, 02:58 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Apparently the Caps traded Captain Clark and Jurcina to Columbus for Jason Chimera.

if so, wtf are they thinking unless they get picks?
Clark too? Wow, that doesn't seem to make much sense.

Old
12-28-2009, 03:09 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Clark too? Wow, that doesn't seem to make much sense.
Definitely creating cap space for a big name defender.

I guess Ovechkin gets named captain now?

Old
12-28-2009, 03:17 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1412
Full trade is Clark and Jurcina for Chimera

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...jackets_trade/

Quote:
ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have acquired left wing Jason Chimera from the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for right wing Chris Clark and defenseman Milan Jurcina, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today.

Chimera (chih-MAIR-uh), 30, is an 11-year pro who has played 461 NHL games between Columbus and Edmonton. He has recorded eight goals and nine assists (17 points) while playing all 39 games this season. A 6’2”, 216-pound left-hand shot, he stood tied for sixth on the Blue Jackets in goals and tied for eighth in points.

In his career Chimera has scored at least 14 goals four times, posted at least 30 points three times and topped 90 penalty minutes three times. He has played all but 36 games since the start of the 2005-06 season. A native of Edmonton, Alberta, he was drafted by the Oilers in the fifth round of the 1997 NHL Draft and joined the Blue Jackets via trade from Phoenix (which held his rights during the 2004-05 work stoppage). He will wear No. 25 in Washington, as he did in Columbus.

Old
12-28-2009, 03:24 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:

Doesn't look like anyone went after him. I guess they thought 'why bother?"

Old
12-28-2009, 03:41 PM
chaosof99*

Well, Clark has really been a disappointment since his 54 point season and I think part of it is also that the Caps can name a new captain without having to strip Clark off it which isn't really good etiquette. Also cap space clearing.

And Kaleta is still a ****ing *******.

Closed Thread