HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gilroy sent down; Johnson down, Zaba up

Old
12-10-2009, 02:13 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
If sending down Gilroy was done to have him work on his game with Hartford playing 3 games this weekend. Fine. However,if it's a punishment for getting beat on the OT goal last,that's a joke. Torts wanted Brashear here and he looks like Tommy Hearns who kept fighting for the money. His buddy Prospal doesn't done anything since October.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
I find myself in a familiar place in this thread. Before the deadline last year when we got Torts it was "Any emotion is better than the no emotion Renney shows" now its "Hes classless"

Good grief people. Jesus could be coach and you'd all tear him apart during a bad season.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:18 PM
The Thomas J.*

Wow, I did not see this one coming. I think Gilroy has been better than I could have ever hoped. This could be a good thing for him to work on a few things for a week or two & get him straightened out now rather than latter.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
His buddy Prospal doesn't done anything since October.
He had 9 points in 13 games in November, which is probably more than anyone else not named Gaborik, so I don't really know what you mean by this

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:23 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
The whole article is actually a decent read... Torts is not as "classless" as some people think...
Why? Classless people are often successful big time. Check the history. It is only when classy folks have a success, they remembered and praised a lot.

As for the move, I think it is for Dubi return and it was planned that way. The Giroy's passiveness last night just acceleratd the decision that would be made later anyway.

No trades are coming don't kid yourself. I was told you long time ago we are doomed, so here we go...

Say all you want about Torts, but getting Lundqvist back no norm was next to miracle. I would agree to lose a lot of games like last night if only Henrik stay that way. We could win a division with Lundqvist of last two games, if only Gaborik comes out of the slump he quietly and quickly went into as of late.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:24 PM
John Torturella

This is uncalled for. Gilroy has been one of the better 3 d-men on this team all year. He is the only + d-man. This is a shocker. If anything I thought he was deserving of more powerplay time. I dont understand this.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:29 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

This thread is full of absurdity.

I don't get why this is such a big deal. Gilroy has been mediocre on defense, even if he's been better than most of the other defensemen. They've all been mediocre.

I'm not a huge fan of Tortorella, and I am a guy who doesn't think Renney deserved to get fired for his coaching (if he was a big part of the horrible free agent signings, then he can go **** himself), but there isn't much to be angry at John Tortorella with. He inherited a team that is impossible to win with. This team effectively has the lowest budget in the league, because what they've done is locked up a significant portion of their budget on easily and cheaply replaceable crap. The team with the most money has made it impossible for themselves to buy the big stars, because they wasted their money on role players. Not his fault this team doesn't have any talent. You can be angry at him if he's the reason why we have Kotalik instead of Zherdev, but other than that, I don't really see what all the fuss is about. Doesn't matter what Johnny Torts does for the most part, because this team sucks big time.

I would like to see a trade, but it'll probably be the wrong kind. We need a trade to unload crap, not bring more in.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:36 PM
frankthefrowner

Im in the camp who bieleve a trade of some sort is coming. Matt Gilroy has been good but he has not been anywhere near what he thought he would be. He is not immune to being a sent down. Frankly Neither is MDZ at some point.

We have alot of guys down in hartford who frankly deserve a shot in the NHL (Ikka, Sauer, Potter...) someone has got to give a me a reason why Gilroy deserves to be here over either one of those guys. Dont give me +/- that stat is useless.

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:38 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
He had 9 points in 13 games in November, which is probably more than anyone else not named Gaborik, so I don't really know what you mean by this
He had 4 goals in the first 12 games of the season. 2 goals since then. Prospal blew the scoring chance in OT.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Chimp

Quote:
He had 4 goals in the first 12 games of the season. 2 goals since then. Prospal blew the scoring chance in OT.
Errm... Prospal is still one of the last guys on my list if we want to discuss "you've been awfully crappy lately." Like Captain Ca$h who's projected to end with 8 frigging goals(!) this season if he doesn't pick this up. And oh, Prospal is also glaring at Drury after you said "... 2 goals since then.

Know of any teams that win cups paying defensive 3rd liners $7 mil to not ruin weekends for himself? And then name him captain? I didn't think so. I think we can write off that Drury is a captain leading by example. Didn't take a Harvard diploma to figure that out.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:43 PM
bleedblue94

has anyone given thought to the fact they may be trying to clear some extra cap space for a trade?

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:43 PM
BlueShirts702

vCash: 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Richards is on pace for his CAREER YEAR.

I have no clue what I'M talking about?

John Tortorella is not Jesus ****ing Christ.

He did not make a SINGLE one of those players.

They were ALL legit player with or without Tortorella.

And you using this and last year as a berometer is ridiculous.

The team was SIGNIFICANTLY worse last year and prior. St. Louis is not young anymore and Lecavalier is starting a decline. Tortorella got **** canned in Tampa, you forget that?

Your whole argument is a reach.

Tortorella DID NOT MAKE anyone. Sorry to burst your bubble.

How about the quotes from Vinny and Martin about Torts and his impact on their careers?

BlueShirts702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:45 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
has anyone given thought to the fact they may be trying to clear some extra cap space for a trade?
Yeah, it's been mentioned about 346457341 times in the thread so far.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:45 PM
BlueShirts702

vCash: 1168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
This thread is full of absurdity.

I don't get why this is such a big deal. Gilroy has been mediocre on defense, even if he's been better than most of the other defensemen. They've all been mediocre.

I'm not a huge fan of Tortorella, and I am a guy who doesn't think Renney deserved to get fired for his coaching (if he was a big part of the horrible free agent signings, then he can go **** himself), but there isn't much to be angry at John Tortorella with. He inherited a team that is impossible to win with. This team effectively has the lowest budget in the league, because what they've done is locked up a significant portion of their budget on easily and cheaply replaceable crap. The team with the most money has made it impossible for themselves to buy the big stars, because they wasted their money on role players. Not his fault this team doesn't have any talent. You can be angry at him if he's the reason why we have Kotalik instead of Zherdev, but other than that, I don't really see what all the fuss is about. Doesn't matter what Johnny Torts does for the most part, because this team sucks big time.

I would like to see a trade, but it'll probably be the wrong kind. We need a trade to unload crap, not bring more in.
Great post man, I agree on all points. Nothing more to add really.

BlueShirts702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:55 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
To be fair, his shooting lane was blocked by the Hawks player directly in front of him with his legs together, and that's why he didn't take the shot....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:56 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Yeah, it's been mentioned about 346457341 times in the thread so far.
sorry i wasnt about to read through 10 pages of torts backing and bashing since thats all ive seen for the previous 2 pages i just read...

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Errm... Prospal is still one of the last guys on my list if we want to discuss "you've been awfully crappy lately." Like Captain Ca$h who's projected to end with 8 frigging goals(!) this season if he doesn't pick this up. And oh, Prospal is also glaring at Drury after you said "... 2 goals since then.
Yeah my point was basically this. Prospal may not be playing awesome but compared to the rest of the team he's one of the last ones that should be called out like you attempted to.

Higgins is about the only other guy who's playing well recently.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 03:00 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
sorry i wasnt about to read through 10 pages of torts backing and bashing since thats all ive seen for the previous 2 pages i just read...
I understand.

Anyway, the "precursor to a trade" deal may have some legs, who knows. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

im not surprised...i dont think Gilroy has been all that awesome for most of the season, his strength on the puck is pretty terrible, and he has almost no offensive game at this level...all he can really do is skate. he has no shot, and doesnt join the rush at the right times. he needs more time imho.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 03:11 PM
ecemleafs

4 goals this year and a + plus/minus rating haha....torts has lost his mind.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
short sighted move by a short sighted organization.

I am going to the game against Boston on 1/04

I am going to doctor up a brown paper bag and I am going to put black tape across "Rangers" on the jersey I wear.

We have to start sending management a message.

This is down-right brutal

I agree, Gilroy is not the problem, this guy doesn't have a friggin clue, stupid move, that won't help his confidence, by the way Torts you idiot he is a rookie with 4 goals and before redden got hurt he was a +7...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 03:15 PM
McMonster

don't really agree with sending Gilroy down... If any defensemen should be sent down, its Michal Rozsival. That would send a real message to the team.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Staal has been crap all year, want to send a message to your mediocre team sit him down or Blowzival...

Last edited by Mio41: 12-10-2009 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Sit not send
Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 03:22 PM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Staal has been crap all year, want to send a message to your mediocre team send him down or Blowzival...
As both are eligible for waivers that really isn't an option.

Well I guess it's good for the Pack that Johnson is down this weekend, but god forbid what would happen if Lundqvist gets injured and we have to play Zaba. I think last night would have been double digits.

As for Gilroy send down I also don't like it. If it's just for punishing him, that's ridiculous, he's been pretty solid, and if it's because of a trade it probably means Rozy won't be traded, which would also be a disappointment for me.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Staal has been crap all year, want to send a message to your mediocre team send him down or Blowzival...
Yeah. Let's subject Staal to the waiver wire. That'll show em.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote