HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Arch Pain in my feet while skating

Old
12-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Khabby

vCash: 678
Arch Pain in my feet while skating

Ive just started out skating about 2 months ago, Hitting up all the free skates that I can, But Ive been seeming to have a problem with the arches of my feet.

After about 20-30 mins or so of skating around, The arches of my feet cramp right up and hurts like hell. Ive looked around for fixes and such but havnt been to successful. I tryed superfeet for my skates and they didnt help, Ive tried doing stretches for my feet, but it also doesnt seem to be helping. Ive tried tighting my skates in various combinations from being tight all the way up, To being loose in the toes and right up the top. My LHS also got me to reheat them and to try and bake my foot shape in them better and try to settle my arch in the better, But it hasn't help to much. My skates are the right size and width, Bauer Vapor Velocity`s size 7.5 EE. Has anyone else had this problem and know of any rememides on how to aid the pain?

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks!

Khabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 08:32 PM
Cone

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cone
flat feet

Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 09:32 PM
Placebo Effect

Well since you've already done most of the common fixes the only thing that worked for me is time. I had the same issue as you but the more I skated the less pain I felt after awhile. It used to be so bad after 5-10 minutes I would have to sit. Now I can get through an entire game, stick and puck session, etc without stopping because of pain. I still feel some now and then but it's quite rare and if so it's not half as bad as before.

Placebo Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chone View Post
flat feet
yap i have the same problem cant last 1 hour in them...

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 02:34 AM
cmcdmania

Do you curl your toes? I've read somewhere that curling your toes causes cramps and stuff.

cmcdmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 03:25 AM
Wolski

Go to foot tech or whatever orthotic company you have locally and have them mold you a pair of custom insoles. Basically they get you to stand on a flat platform that has rubber spikes come out... it doesn't hurt don't worry! And their machine calculates where you pressure points are and shapes your insoles the proper way to fix your body/ foot alignment. Cost is about 350$ best investment ever. Think of it as your feet needing glasses.

I always put these into my skates, I took out the previous insoles that my skates had. Over the years as i entered H.S. and College hockey there was more of an emphasis to lift weights. I started doing the tibia weight lift to build that lower muscle and the calf toe press and leg press. Mind you i also did upper body lifting workout's to balance the proportion of muscle mass.

Either way the end result is I’m 23 years old now, and i don’t wear insoles anymore during the day in normal shoes, only when i play soccer and hockey. I credit this to the combination of building muscle mass and of course the insoles. Give my tips a try, i still suffer minor pain in my feet from doing allot of cross over’s and excessive backwards skating since that strains my genetically messed up inner arch but overall i got to say to be able to walk again in everyday flat addidas sneaker's without those stinky custom orthotics is GREAT!

*note i was 13 years old when i got my first pair of orthotics, and 17 on my second pair that i still use now only during athletics ie: hockey, soccer, skiing, tennis.

Last edited by Wolski: 12-14-2009 at 03:32 AM.
Wolski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 11:00 AM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

Your skate probably doesn't fit you right. Try a nice orthotic, but the structure of the boot may keep it from working. That boot may be built for somebody with a higher arch then yours. Vectors have rather narrow and high arches IIRC.

If you do have to get new skates, make sure to go into a shop and get properly fitted.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote