HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wings uni's?

Old
12-10-2009, 02:31 PM
NordFan27

vCash: 500
Wings uni's?

Hi guys, have a question that I googled and can't find anything. In the preseason the Wings had a different font for the players last names. The traditional font that arcs over the number was a more traditional block font that was straight. Anyone know what the deal with this is? The reason I ask is I collect jerseys and even though I don't really like them I think I may buy a Rbk jersey but the ones I saw have the different style of lettering and I am trying to figure why?

On another note why's the Wings and Leafs where white unis at home last night??? Someone finally come to there senses?

NordFan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordFan27 View Post
Hi guys, have a question that I googled and can't find anything. In the preseason the Wings had a different font for the players last names. The traditional font that arcs over the number was a more traditional block font that was straight. Anyone know what the deal with this is? The reason I ask is I collect jerseys and even though I don't really like them I think I may buy a Rbk jersey but the ones I saw have the different style of lettering and I am trying to figure why?
They are always like that in pre-season.

Systemfel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Fugu

vCash:
The font is different for the pre-season and regular season jerseys. If you want the regular ones, make sure they have the arced font.

Re: last night. Wings wanted to wear the Whites for some reason and told the Blues to bring their blues. They forgot they'd made the request, apparently, and dressed in their reds. They changed between the pre-game skate and game start. NHL didn't approve of both teams wearing the darks.

Old
12-10-2009, 02:49 PM
NordFan27

vCash: 500
Thanks for the info! Is it true the new jerseys don't use name plates anymore?

NordFan27 is offline   Reply With Quote