HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Official QMJHL Trade Period Thread

Old
01-01-2010, 03:55 PM
jefff

vCash: 500
From what I read, the picks go back to Drummondville for two unnamed players prior to the draft.

jefff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 04:24 PM
BobbyRyan9
Let's Go Bruins!

Very interesting deal done by Drummondville today... They are considered one of the top teams this season and Allen will obviously make them even more dangerous. But I really thought they were going to gear up for next season and make a run for it. I guess getting Allen won't effect them too much next season, since they'll still have their core intact. I think with just the addition of Allen, they can easily compete with Moncton and Saint John now. But like someone else said in this thread, we have a lot of teams all gearing up for a championship run now. So sellers, like Baie-Comeau in particular, are going to benefit hugely in the next couple of seasons. When the rest of these teams are rebuilding and can't afford to make a run for the cup, a team like Baie-Comeau or Rimouski is going to steam roll through the league. With all of that said, the playoffs this year should be one of the best in quite awhile. There are going to be huge matchups through out each round and a lot of hearts are going to be broken.

BobbyRyan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Wildcatfan79

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLjunior View Post
what sucks is that they only get 2 picks for the 2nd best goaile in the q thts not enough but drummondville got a great deal
and who are you refering as the number one goalie in the Q??

Wildcatfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 05:29 PM
torontosports10

Wow Saint John couldnt fork up two future picks? Even send them a 19 at the draft (Anthony,Kirkpatrick,Sauve even Despres).

torontosports10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Wildcatfan79

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontosports10 View Post
Wow Saint John couldnt fork up two future picks? Even send them a 19 at the draft (Anthony,Kirkpatrick,Sauve even Despres).
Yeah seriously, thats not much for a goalie that is supposed to be the best Junior goalie in Canada?!?!...haha...but wtv cousineau did a great job for you guys last night in the shootout!?..So do you think cousineau can handle the job?..he had some problems in PEI, where wildcats couldn't stop scoring on him and Mosher stopped everything!..but he did great at the memorial cup!...Riopel, Cousineau, Allen battle to go to the memorial cup!!!...the goalies are going to make the difference, I still haven't seen RIO this year but if he's anything like the rimouski series, you guys need more scorers!..2-1 for the wildcats and the shots were like 45-20..but Rimouski came out on top!..in the last minutes and the winner in OT!...

Old
01-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatfan79 View Post
he may refer to Riopel as being the best now that he's back, otherwise I'd say Poulin has been the best in the QMJHL in this season though not by much over Allen

Last edited by Mathletic: 01-02-2010 at 02:08 AM.
Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Wildcatfan79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
he may refer to Riopel as being the best now that he's back, otherwise I'd say Poulin has been the best in the QMJHL in this season thought not by much over Allen
Yeah Riopel may be back but he's going to have a lot of pressure on him and i'm not sure if he'll be able to play under the pressure..what he showed us last year...people are going to be expecting the same...i'm not sure if he'll be able to deliver..but I hope he does!....and Jake Allen will have way better stats when he plays for Drummondville!!!

Old
01-01-2010, 08:00 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcatfan79 View Post
i was referring to Riopel because i thought cats fans might take argument so this poulin guy is the reason the cats dont need a goalie

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 08:03 PM
patsbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjindaho View Post
RDS. Supposedly it is a done deal now. Allen for 2 firsts and another pick. One of the firsts comes back for player(s) to be named later.
My bet is on Dumont, since he is drafted by Habs.

Ok, forget about what I said earlier, Dido will be back in february :
http://www.journalexpress.ca/article...n-renfort.html

To make this happen, an overager must leave, local media speculate on McKiernan to Bathurst.

Nice news for the Volts ^^

patsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Bjindaho

I don't deny the article being true, but Journalexpress has 0 credibility whatsoever (they have already fired one so-called "sports journalist" in the past month)

Bjindaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Lucky Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjindaho View Post
I don't deny the article being true, but Journalexpress has 0 credibility whatsoever (they have already fired one so-called "sports journalist" in the past month)
Stéphane Leroux has also confirmed it and his track record is quite solid.

Lucky Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 01:58 PM
BobbyRyan9
Let's Go Bruins!

I was hoping Drummondville would hold on to Dumont, along with Vachon, for next season. Having both of them as overagers and a draft eligible Couturier would be deadly. But I guess they have a really good chance at beating Saint John and Moncton with Allen in net. With the return of DiDomenico and the addition of Allen, I guess who wouldn't make a run for it. The only problem I have is that there is too much competition for a championship this season. When everyone is rebuilding next season, Drummondville would easily be a favorite to win the cup. But I think Drummondville won't really have to do much next season in order to put together a top team. Atleast there won't be as much change as there will be with some of the other teams going for a run this year.

Old
01-02-2010, 03:35 PM
torontosports10

The bonus of Saint John not dealing any players for Cousy is that we will be competitive next season as well.

It will be interesting to see who our 20s will be next year with Thomas,Sauve,Kirkpatrick,St-Laurant,Morin,Pard all being 20's. Sauve probably will make the jump up though so I think it'll be Thomas,Kirkpatrick then up in the air.

torontosports10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 04:33 PM
The Q professor

Just heard that Southorn and Mahbod are heading to the Remparts.

The Q professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 05:14 PM
Alpine

Wildcats traded Wendell Vye to the Rocket for a 7th rd pick.
http://www.hockeyscene.com/hockeysce...lid=1&nid=6528

Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:46 PM
The Q professor

So is iy going to be Owen and Riopel or does Domingue stay? Lagace is going to the eagles 3 players and a pick and Oliver Joidon is on the way up,Chaisson cut as well as Michalef

Old
01-02-2010, 07:05 PM
wayne1983

where did you hear this rumor and who are the players going and what do you mean by Chaisson cut as well as Michalef are they traded or are the just being let go

wayne1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 07:11 PM
BobbyRyan9
Let's Go Bruins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Q professor View Post
Just heard that Southorn and Mahbod are heading to the Remparts.
Those two players are basically the last straw of PEI's current mold. Southorn hasn't developed into the defensemen they were hoping for and after all of the recent trades, no reason to keep him around. Mahbod was brought in to lead the team and be their top overager (along with Cousineau), but no need to keep him around either if the team is in the rebuilding process. It will be interesting if this deal is made and how Mahbod and Southorn factor into the Remparts lineup.

Old
01-02-2010, 07:11 PM
The Q professor

Chaisson and Myles Michalef are let go (myles injury and not gonna heal in time)

Old
01-02-2010, 07:14 PM
The Q professor

Good call. i see Southorn but Mahbod? However Fredrick Roy is back 2 assisits in his first game. The agles will move 3 for 1 by wed

Old
01-02-2010, 08:19 PM
cantwell7

vCash: 695
The Chaisson rumor has been swirling around now for sometime. He will most likely be sent to Junior A. Micallef as you said won't be returning to the Eagles. As for trading 3 players for Lagace can't really see it happening without Ellis being moved. So in the case it would have to be our next best thing which would be either Roy at the draft and Jodion +. The Eagles will announce a trade tomorrow afternoon / night.

cantwell7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 08:23 PM
The Q professor

No Ellis thats what took so long Joidon,Shaw and a pick which will be Brodeur

Old
01-02-2010, 08:25 PM
The Q professor

As for Chaisson soon as are full roster is back(Adam) he and Marco Desveaux are going to yarmouth junior A

Old
01-02-2010, 08:27 PM
The Q professor

No announcements from the Eagles till monday

Old
01-02-2010, 08:52 PM
cantwell7

vCash: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Q professor View Post
No Ellis thats what took so long Joidon,Shaw and a pick which will be Brodeur
If Martel actually accepts a trade like this. He must have lost his mind. The Sags aren't really crazy about Anglophones so I really can't see Shaw having much value to them and Broduer as a future? The guy could turn pro next year. I'm sure Martel could find a little bit more for Lagace.

My bet is that the the Eagles will trade for Dion from Montreal.

cantwell7 is offline   Reply With Quote