HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Nike Bauer Supreme one75 stick

Old
02-23-2010, 11:44 AM
B187

vCash: 500
Nike Bauer Supreme one75 stick

I was wondering if any one had an thoughts on this stick? I'm looking for a new stick and have seen good reviews for the One95 & 85. I know this is a lower model but is it still a good stick? I play pickup once a week and also am playing in a summer league soon. I prefer wrist/snap shots over slap shots but I am looking to improve upon my slap shot.

Thanks

B187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 11:58 AM
CanadaBacon

I dont think buying a stick for the purpose of working on a specific shot that you may not use to0 often is a good idea.

You can work on your slapper just fine with a Vapor and it will benefit your "more common" shots more then the Supreme will.

Having said that, its a fine stick, there are better and there are worse.

CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 12:03 PM
AlexK

Dont mean to thread jack but you're saying the Vapor is better for more common shots? Whats the dif between the vapor and the supreme line?

BTW - I just got the one75 and will play w/ it tonight. I'll let you know what I think.

AlexK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 12:11 PM
CanadaBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexK View Post
Dont mean to thread jack but you're saying the Vapor is better for more common shots? Whats the dif between the vapor and the supreme line?

BTW - I just got the one75 and will play w/ it tonight. I'll let you know what I think.
Both lines were designed for specific purposes. The Vapor line is designed for more quick shots and has a lower kick point. the shaft was designed for better control and handling.

The Supreme line is designed "maximum loading" and power with its mid kick point.

If you shoot mostly wristers/snappers, the Vapor line is the way to go. But if slappers and one timers are your key shots the Supreme is what you want.

Old
02-23-2010, 07:59 PM
Webernaut

This.

Webernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 08:55 PM
B187

I already tried Google there weren't that many reviews on the stick. I was just mentioning my preferance for shots because I have seen that people say the Vapor is more for wrist shots but wanted to see if anyone used this stick and had succes on wristers.

Quote:
AlexK

If you could tell me what you think I would appreciate it.

B187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by B187 View Post
I already tried Google there weren't that many reviews on the stick. I was just mentioning my preferance for shots because I have seen that people say the Vapor is more for wrist shots but wanted to see if anyone used this stick and had succes on wristers.

If you could tell me what you think I would appreciate it.
A guy I played with the past couple of weeks is a very VERY skilled player and was using one for the first time and said it was a good stick.

He had gotten a deal on it and said he was surprised at how good it was.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'm not familiar with the One75, but the One70 was very similar to the One90 in terms of performance, it just didn't have the same quality blade and was a little heavier (I believe it was a fused 2-piece rather than the high end 1-piece construction).

If that's the case, you should get very good performance out of it, but you might be missing the tremendous puck feel that the One95 offers.

You'll have to use it to find out if the stick is going to improve your shot...I had one and it had unbelievably good puck feel but I couldn't shoot worth crap with it because the flex and kickpoint threw me off. Then again, I was using an intermediate 67 that felt kind of stiff rather than the senior 77 that felt a little whippy, and intermediate sticks are a crapshoot in my opinion.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 12:11 PM
Madvillain27*

I just got the one75 (PM9) last weekend. Haven't played with it yet, first game with it will be on Friday. I wanted the x40, but they didn't have it and I heard good things about the one75 from a teammate.

Madvillain27* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 01:53 PM
AlexK

Played w/ the stick last night. My last stick was a vapor xxv 87 flex w/ a Gagne curve (I really liked that one), I got this one w/ the same flex and curve. It's only marginally heavier than the XXV was so you don't really feel much of a difference while playing. Slapshot feels pretty much the same. On wrist shots, I feel like i gotta put a little more into it to load it up, like its stiffer than the vapor was. Is that the mid kick point i'm feeling? Also feels alot bigger in my hands than the XXV, was that cause the vapors have the micro-feel dimensions?

I think I liked the XXV more but I'm pretty satisfied overall.

AlexK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Supremes have been a bit squarer shafts than Vapors the last few years, not sure what the reasoning is.

I had the same issue with you that I had to really lean into wrist shots to get them off, while slappers felt fine. In a game, my shots were just not feeling right, so I sold it off.

Old
02-24-2010, 03:20 PM
CanadaBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Supremes have been a bit squarer shafts than Vapors the last few years, not sure what the reasoning is.

I had the same issue with you that I had to really lean into wrist shots to get them off, while slappers felt fine. In a game, my shots were just not feeling right, so I sold it off.
How it was explain to me was the the rounded edges of the Vapor "improve" stick handling whereas the square edge of the Supreme is more for a "solid grip and power"

If you get use to a low kick, changing to a mid kinda messes with your "shot" for a bit. You should be able to get used to hit, unless you constantly switch back and forth.

Old
02-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I think we went back and forth on this one. It just felt like the stick was too stiff while shooting wristers. Maybe if I dropped down to 60 flex it would have felt better, but it just made more sense to stick with a 70-75 flex senior stick with a low kick.

Old
02-24-2010, 03:44 PM
CanadaBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I think we went back and forth on this one. It just felt like the stick was too stiff while shooting wristers. Maybe if I dropped down to 60 flex it would have felt better, but it just made more sense to stick with a 70-75 flex senior stick with a low kick.
yah, if you take mostly wristers/snappers you are always better off with a low kick