HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phaneuf to NJD or NYI (e3)

Old
12-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Bankers Box

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
The fact that people in this thread seem to think that Phaneuf isn't worth Zajac, let alone Parise, shows how underrated he is on this board. The Phaneuf Hate-Propaganda Train rolls on.
You don't read too well do you? We pretty much stated that Phaneuf may very well be worth Zajac or more but to the NEW JERSEY DEVILS he is not. If we had other top 6 centers then I would be all for trading Zajac+ for Dion.

Also your out of your bird if you honestly think Phaneuf is worth Parise.

Bankers Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankers Box View Post
You don't read too well do you? We pretty much stated that Phaneuf may very well be worth Zajac or more but to the NEW JERSEY DEVILS he is not. If we had other top 6 centers then I would be all for trading Zajac+ for Dion.

Honestly, I wouldn't trade Travis Zajac straight up for Phaneuf. While Zajac keeps improving, it sounds like Phaneuf is regressing and has some off-ice issues with the coach/management. I rather just make a deal for a rental, Scotty Niedermayer or someone else.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 07:05 PM
FoxMulder91*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't trade Travis Zajac straight up for Phaneuf. While Zajac keeps improving, it sounds like Phaneuf is regressing and has some off-ice issues with the coach/management. I rather just make a deal for a rental, Scotty Niedermayer or someone else.
Those are all rumours brought up by second rate bloggers and Eklund.
Phaneuf is playing much better when compared to last year. He seems a bit snake bitten as of late, not to mention Calgarys PP has been horrible as of late..im sure more points will start to come.

Calgary and New Jersey do not seem like good trading partners if we are discussing Phaneuf.

FoxMulder91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankers Box View Post

I read fine. This thread reads veryclearly that people think Phaneuf isn't worth Zajac. VERY clearly. Not sure what thread you're reading. But nice effort, Spanky.

And, I never suggested that Phaneuf was worth Parise. I think you're 'out of your bird' with that assumption. However, that's what it may take to pry Phaneuf from Sutter's hands. Is that fair? Probably not, but hey... we don't need to move him. At all.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Bankers Box

Spanky? Really??

Anyhow...

Quote:
I never suggested that Phaneuf was worth Parise
See now im confused because in your last post you wrote this...

Quote:
The fact that people in this thread seem to think that Phaneuf isn't worth Zajac, let alone Parise,
NJD and Flames just are not good trading partners. Dion would cost more to get than he would be worth to the team in my opinion. Id rather get a rental for the playoffs and go after Hamhuis in the off-season.

Bankers Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:49 PM
FLAMESTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
ESPN says a current NHL defensemen, draft picks, and a prospect.
So Espn has mentioned this rumor or did I read that wrong

FLAMESTR is offline   Reply With Quote