HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phaneuf to NJD or NYI (e3)

Old
12-10-2009, 06:02 PM
eb_87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Can anyone tell me why Calgary is looking to trade Phaneuf???? I dont' follow the West Coast teams very closely...

Oh yeah and Eklund can go play in traffic.
There not looking to trade him. Sutter and Phaneuf allegedly had a shouting match in the locker room after a loss to Colorado last month, so now everyone thinks the Flames are looking to deal him because there is bad blood. However, Peter Maher stated last night that there is no bad blood and that Phaneuf and Sutter have been joking with eachother on a regular basis since then.

Also Darryl Sutter said in an interview today that he thinks Phaneuf has been playing very well and is continuing to improve. He also pointed out that Phaneuf and Regehr shutdown the topline against SJ, which is something not many have done.

Dion Phaneuf is not going to be traded, especially for a deal centered around picks and prospects.

eb_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Mike Burrell

If you go to his site and get him hits, you've got some sort of problem. I can't believe he makes money off of people like you guys.

Sutter was on the radio today (AM640 in Toronto). He was talking about how impressed he is with Phaneuf and how Phaneuf and Kipper are such important parts of the team. He's not going anywhere.

Mike Burrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Varius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Richards 18 View Post
can we please just delete threads that people keep starting from eklund?? please if you want to look at his site thatsfine but some of us get tired of noobies posting his needle in a hay stack rumors
But not tired enough to just skip over the thread instead of clicking on it and then writing this reply I guess...

I for one don't mind the Eklund threads, sometimes they provoke some interesting discussions and ideas even if he bases them on nothing at all. Now, if we could eliminate once and for all the people who post "well I guess we know now player x will never go to team y!" thinking they are clever (even though 10,000 other posters have posted it before them), we would be on to something

Varius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Cawz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
I definitely don't remember that, and its pretty much not true. Unless things have changed in the Dome so dramatically from my last game, its not true.

Its also exceptionally rare for a player to be booed when he has improved upon last season, and the team is doing exceptionally well.
I'm just going by what Rob Kerr (I think thats who it was) was saying. It was at around 1:25pm this afternoon while I was parking for my 1:30 meeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
They were also saying the fans could have been booing the Flames PP which is horrible at the moment. Either way, some not liking Phaneuf doesn't mean he's fallen out of favour with the entire fanbase. From what I hear and read, the majority don't want to see him traded, especially not when he's playing as well as he is this year.
I take it you neard the same thing on the radio this afternoon. Maybe it was just the sports station trying to make a story out of nothing, but thats the impression I got from them. I didnt hear the whole thing as I was listening to it in my car and made it to my destination, but they were talking about Phaneuf and the booing.

Cawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Ek claims it's for two first round picks, a top 4 D-Man and a prospect.
Even if the Flames wanted to trade Phaneuf, they are not going to make a trade like this. This is a rebuilding-type trade and the Flames are definitely not in rebuilding mode this season. If Sutter remains their coach they may wind up in the toilet (The Devils seem to be doing really well without him) but that's another season or two down the road.

Naw - the Flames will keep Phaneuf and people will just have to get used to him. Besides, what would Calgary do without Elisha Cuthbert dropping in from time to time?

Mike Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 06:24 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsFan7545 View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...-e3-V4/1/24845

Interesting, I would love to see the Devils Get him but we would need to get rid some cap

Thoughts????
For the record at about 9am edmonton this trade idea was mentioned on the team 1260. When they were tallking about the olympic team and they mentioen. That this trade was a rumour that they had heard elsewhere

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 06:27 PM
ChrisG

ESPN says a current NHL defensemen, draft picks, and a prospect.

ChrisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 06:30 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
So, Oduya, 2 firsts, and Josefson/Tedenby/Bergfors.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsFan7545 View Post
no way Lou does that Zajac is our 2nd best forward arguably and is off limits
so why would we trade our 2nd best defenseman and not expect your 2nd best forward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Can anyone tell me why Calgary is looking to trade Phaneuf???? I dont' follow the West Coast teams very closely...

Oh yeah and Eklund can go play in traffic.
they aren't... Eklund saying Phaneuf to NJ is nothing new

Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
I also heard he was a hard guy to deal with in the locker room..
I heard eklund has legit sources... dont believe everything you hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawz View Post
I was listening to the sports radio here in Calgary this afternoon and they were talking about last nights game when Phaneuf had the puck behind his net, the fans were booing him while he stood there. Then he tried a stretch pass to someone and it missed, resulting in an icing call and more boos towards him.

I didnt watch the game, but listening to the report, they were making it sound like Phaneuf has fallen out of favour with the fans here.
during the game it sounded more like they were booing the PP... which makes alot of sense cause Phaneuf had a great game last night... and has played very well all season

Quote:
I'm just going by what Rob Kerr (I think thats who it was) was saying. It was at around 1:25pm this afternoon while I was parking for my 1:30 meeting.
Peter Maher said it this morning and it snowballed from there... because Maher would never make a mistake

Quote:
I take it you neard the same thing on the radio this afternoon. Maybe it was just the sports station trying to make a story out of nothing, but thats the impression I got from them. I didnt hear the whole thing as I was listening to it in my car and made it to my destination, but they were talking about Phaneuf and the booing.
i think its more what i said above... Peter Maher said thats what happened so they don't consider it is wrong

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Flames Fanatic
Unclenched

vCash: 1127
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
Since you know, ESPN is so accurate, as we learned last week.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Lunatik*

do you know why they are saying 2 firsts, a top 4 defenseman and a prospect?... thats simple... pronger went for 2 firsts, a top 6 forward and a prospect... something several posters on here agreed was about Phaneuf's trade value a week or 2 ago... so Eklund saw it and ran with it

Old
12-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Matata

The rumoured deal is 2x 1st round picks, top 4 D-man and a prospect. Reasons for D. Sutter to make this trade

-is our #3 defenseman making $6.5M
-free up cash for re-signing Bourque, deadline moves, etc.
-Bolster our prospect pool, which is looking thinner with Backlund's ho-hum AHL season.
-Bouwmeester is the bomb, Giordano and Pardy are having great seasons and keep getting better, Johnson is a solid #6 guy. Phaneuf isn't as needed by the team as he used to be.
-B. Sutter might think that Phaneuf is 'unfixable'

Not sure how I feel about trading Phaneuf, but their are a few legit reasons for sutter to do this.

Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Cawz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
during the game it sounded more like they were booing the PP... which makes alot of sense cause Phaneuf had a great game last night... and has played very well all season

Peter Maher said it this morning and it snowballed from there... because Maher would never make a mistake

i think its more what i said above... Peter Maher said thats what happened so they don't consider it is wrong
So is the media starting to make Phaneuf a whipping boy?

Cawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 06:38 PM
majormet

If ESPN is reporting this rumor it does improve it's chance a little bit, if Eklund made it 1% likely, being that it is on ESPN now improves it to 15%

Islanders are now back in town, so that should be bring more to light, I do think if this rumor has teeth it is the Islanders and it is:

Dion for Gervais, Joensuu and 1sts in 2010 and 2011

Which opens up room for Vinny LeCav.

Islanders need to make a big splash, need dmen, and have a ton of home games to increase attendance, that is why the timing of the trade seems almost perfect.

On the otherhand, if Calgary is not looking at LeCav, and using the Islanders futures to get him, then it makes no sense at all.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
So is the media starting to make Phaneuf a whipping boy?
nope it was actually Peter Maher complaining about the fans booing Phaneuf... which I think he exagerated... if it was a case of the fans booing him they would have done it more than once

Old
12-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Just a warning to all Eklund bashing will not be tolerated!!!!

12-10-2009, 06:51 PM
TheBrokenRib

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAL8116 View Post
Just a warning to all Eklund bashing will not be tolerated!!!!
Why? Not trying to sound prickish. Just curious why?

TheBrokenRib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 06:52 PM
FruityPants3*

Ohlund for Gionta

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacto View Post
Why? Not trying to sound prickish. Just curious why?
because he is a poster here... its no different than you bashing me or vice versa

Old
12-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
because he is a poster here... its no different than you bashing me or vice versa
Thank you! Thats exactly the reason. He may be wrong or off the mark, but deserves respect here just like everyone else who wants to express their opinions.

Homeland Security is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 07:01 PM
TheBrokenRib

Quote:
So we can't call him out on his credibility ?

TheBrokenRib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
So, Oduya, 2 firsts, and Josefson/Tedenby/Bergfors.
Hahahha keep dreaming if you want All 3 of those

if Lou offers 1 of them your lucky your horrible at offers

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAL8116 View Post
Thank you! Thats exactly the reason. He may be wrong or off the mark, but deserves respect here just like everyone else who wants to express their opinions.
no problem... its just common sense... even I get it and i get more infractions than your average poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacto View Post
So we can't call him out on his credibility ?
questioning his credibility can be done without name calling... I questioned his credibility in this thread... even said he got his idea from a convo about Phaneuf's worth in a thread a couple weeks ago... but it went untouched by mods because I never insulted eklund as a person/poster... ther eis a difference between calling someone a hack and calling them a lying *******

Old
12-10-2009, 07:12 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

The fact of the matter is Phaneuf>Zajac and he would be a nice start for that trade

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2009, 07:12 PM
JimEIV

Sutter Loved Jamie Langenbrunner he would provide instant leadership and clutch goal scroing.....

Langenbrunner, Corrente and a 1st

JimEIV is online now   Reply With Quote