HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings v. dogs: THAT WAS NUTS!

Old
12-11-2009, 01:14 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
JJ is looking alot more comfortable offensively. I knew the points would start to come.

Kings have a really good team guys. I know people are mentioning 2006, the difference is we have a much better D and a goaltender with a backbone, Quick will not collapse like Garon did.

I honestly think this team is at the same level as SJ, Calgary and the Hawks.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 01:15 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Just finished watching the game on the DVR!

I was definitely holding my breath on that last save in the shootout. Thinking "I didn't see it go in, I didn't hear it hit the glass, WHERE IS IT?!" then he just drops it out and I launched myself off my couch.

I loved how Jack just blasted that poster that came back to him right back on net. Also, I was amazed at how hard the entire team was skating in the third and OT. They were even beating out multiple icing calls in the third!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Moses View Post
Missed all but 2 minutes of this one, but the one play I saw I didn't much like. Like at all.

Early in the 2nd. Check out the highlight of Frolov centering the puck in the slot to Moller. Bryzgalov save. Watch Frolov's reaction. Live a little, watch it twice. Complete disgust that Moller didnt score.

Un-****ing-called for, Fro. You of all people, too.
I saw it when it happened. To be fair, Fro has been showing a lot of emotion the last few games, mainly frustration. I don't think he was disgusted that Moller didn't score, he's just frustrated that nothing's been going in for him at all despite a lot of hard work; I've been there.

Last edited by FootKnight: 12-11-2009 at 01:25 AM.
FootKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 01:15 AM
KingCanadain1976

Missed the game tonight and I was looking at the game summary on Fox and it says kopitar didnt get any shots ? i was wondering if this was true

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 01:23 AM
RightKinger

Kings really didn't have a good game but they did enough to win so I'm not complaining. Vandermeer shooting the puck right into Quick's pad was a big break for the Kings.

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 01:28 AM
Menace

Flamers, Gupppies , Mutts , next up Gas Balls. Time for our 3rd 4 game win streak of the season.

Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 01:30 AM
RightKinger

Doughty had a bad game with some scary turnovers but it's all good considering how well he played last night. He also had that SO goal so that kind of makes up for it. Jack is a beast and he has only just begun to show his true potential.

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 01:31 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

I keep the games on while playing WoW. I kept getting distracted from the raid watching the game. Great push by the Kings to get 4 points on back to back games.

These guys believe they can win and they're doing it.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 01:33 AM
bland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Moses View Post
Missed all but 2 minutes of this one, but the one play I saw I didn't much like. Like at all.

Early in the 2nd. Check out the highlight of Frolov centering the puck in the slot to Moller. Bryzgalov save. Watch Frolov's reaction. Live a little, watch it twice. Complete disgust that Moller didnt score.

Un-****ing-called for, Fro. You of all people, too.
I'll be honest, I don't know you as a poster, so I don't want to suggest that you are part of the anti-Frolov crowd with an agenda, but I saw the replay you were talking about...

I have to wonder - why would you read that as "complete disgust that Moller didn't score" instead of the FAR more likely "disappointment that the KINGS didn't score?"

bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 01:36 AM
The VEGASKING
#1 fan

Send a message via AIM to The VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to The VEGASKING
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Missed the game tonight and I was looking at the game summary on Fox and it says kopitar didnt get any shots ? i was wondering if this was true

Correct. No shots on goal and only 4 attempted shots.

Nice to see Johnson doing something offensively. I've been critical of him so I'll give him his due for his play of late. Now he needs to do it on a more consistent basis to help take the team to another level.

The VEGASKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 01:38 AM
Piokinen

Congratulations Kings. Hell of a game.
We´ll met again in the Western Conference Finals thats for sure

Piokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 01:40 AM
bland

And I just want to mention that the grinders who make their hay along the boards like Williams, Frolov, Simmonds, Stoll, Brown, Handzus, Greene, Scuderi and O'Donnell have been playing at a playoff-level intensity over the last stretch. Great intensity from Richardson and Parse too.

Lord knows that I single out Brown enough, and I felt he had a really rough game despite the GWG in San Jose, but Dustin was consistent and bold tonight - he took his game to another level.

bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 01:47 AM
KingsVision
HFB Partner

Kings Vision: 12/10/09 - Post Game Interviews

12/10/09 - Post Game - Kings

Kings Vision brings you exclusive interviews. Kopitar, Johnson, Quick and Coach Murray of the Kings spoke with the media following the game on 12/10/09.

Click HERE to watch!

12/10/09 - Post Game - Coyotes

Kings Vision brings you exclusive interviews. Coach Tippett, Upshall, and Vrbata of the Coyotes spoke with the media following the game on 12/10/09.

Click HERE to watch!

KingsVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 01:48 AM
backhander

home late and glad to see the two points. the kings are finding a way to get it done. it feels good

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 01:54 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichael7753 View Post
It taste's pretty good knowing that both our teams will be battling for the rest of the season. Its going to be fun to watch.
I doubt the Yotes hang in much longer.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 01:56 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
I doubt the Yotes hang in much longer.
I think if they can get some scoring they will be a force.

Bryzgalov is a great goaltender.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 02:08 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Holy ****!!!! As of today, the Kings have 8 players with 20 points or more. Aren't we first in the league for that stat?

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 02:18 AM
backhander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Holy ****!!!! As of today, the Kings have 8 players with 20 points or more. Aren't we first in the league for that stat?
That would be awesome....confirmation by someone edmacated for the task?

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 02:27 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Due to unforseen circumstances, yours truly had to fill in on the post game http://www.lakingsnews.com article.

No, Jacob did not get pulled over for a DUI and I am pretty sure he is not doing Heidi...

Click on the link for more.

Quote:
Last night’s game against the Sharks was an emotionally charged victory. Our own Surly Jacob has only partially recovered. So when our Los Angeles Kings came home tonight to play the waiting Phoenix Coyotes, some Kings fans were wondering if we were going for Round II or a let down akin to the “Post Penguins” game earlier in the season. After all, the Coyotes were coming into this game undefeated in 5 and Ilya Bryzgalov sported a GAA of less than 2.

This Kings fan never had a doubt.

This Kings team was unimpressed.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 02:39 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

If you look at the schedule, Kings have a favorable second half schedule. We're almost at the halfway point...Kings need to keep it up!

Couple things I am looking forward to down the road...A.) Hammond's next interview with Dean Lombardi B.) Trade Deadline C. ) Playoff race and actually getting in the playoffs. D.) Extending Dean Lombardi's contract after that.

Exciting times right now for Kings fans, get used to winning...Dean built this team for the long term.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 03:10 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24frolov View Post
If you look at the schedule, Kings have a favorable second half schedule. We're almost at the halfway point...Kings need to keep it up!

Couple things I am looking forward to down the road...A.) Hammond's next interview with Dean Lombardi B.) Trade Deadline C. ) Playoff race and actually getting in the playoffs. D.) Extending Dean Lombardi's contract after that.

Exciting times right now for Kings fans, get used to winning...Dean built this team for the long term.
And remember.. the 2nd half of this month is just dreadful from a schedule perspective - starting with next week. As great as the Kings are doing, they are doing exactly what they need to do - pile up wins at home so they can weather the storm on this upcoming road trip.

They've got to keep on the gas pedal! As good as the Kings have been to date this season... look at this:

Chicago Blackhawks Last 10 games: 7-2-1
Calgary Flames last 10 games: 7-2-1
Los Angeles Kings last 10 games 7-2-1
Minnesota Wild 7-2-1

Our conference is a nightmare!

Last edited by TonySCV: 12-11-2009 at 03:17 AM.
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 03:36 AM
lak4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhander View Post
That would be awesome....confirmation by someone edmacated for the task?
Confirmed!

lak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 03:57 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Just sped through the DVR of the game after playing in my own game. (I Knew they went to a shootout.) Jack with another sick move in the shootout. Is he not better than Jussi Jokinen in that situation? He's almost Aut-O-matic.

What a streak with points in 7 in a row. 8-1-1 in the conference, 20 wins. 8 players with 20 points, one point out of 1st in the conference. Are you shyttin me?

Last night I said it with this () Tonight I'll just say it: Terry Murray is a frickin Super-Geeee-nius.

Oh and one more thing:

Go Kings GO!

Go Kings GO!

Go Kings GO!

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 04:00 AM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
And remember.. the 2nd half of this month is just dreadful from a schedule perspective - starting with next week. As great as the Kings are doing, they are doing exactly what they need to do - pile up wins at home so they can weather the storm on this upcoming road trip.

They've got to keep on the gas pedal! As good as the Kings have been to date this season... look at this:

Chicago Blackhawks Last 10 games: 7-2-1
Calgary Flames last 10 games: 7-2-1
Los Angeles Kings last 10 games 7-2-1
Minnesota Wild 7-2-1

Our conference is a nightmare!

OUR CONFERENCE!

Last edited by DIEHARD the King fan: 07-17-2010 at 08:02 PM.
DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 04:28 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

DEEEEEE-NIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 07:38 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Real good win tonight. The first team to 20 wins in the conference is pretty amazing.Did anyone else catch brown's f-bomb during the shoot out when he was stopped?

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote