HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dallas Stars < (I mean @) San Jose Sharks, 7PST/10EST. Overusing MSPaint edition.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-12-2009, 02:06 AM
  #451
sjshark91
Registered User
 
sjshark91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country:
Posts: 24,649
vCash: 500
Doug Wilson sure knows how to assemble a hard working team.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 02:07 AM
  #452
nbbyfan20
Registered User
 
nbbyfan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Napa\ Sacramento
Posts: 1,535
vCash: 500
Did the Sharks play that bad? I didn't see the game, i was at my cousins christmas concert.

nbbyfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 02:13 AM
  #453
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Graveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 11,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
Doug Wilson sure knows how to assemble a hard working team.
bottom two lines*

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 02:17 AM
  #454
SJSharksfan39
Registered User
 
SJSharksfan39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,300
vCash: 438
Do the Sharks practice shootouts? Do the Sharks have a goal scorer that is scary enough (Kinda like the dude Dallas had a few years back who was insanely good as a shootout specialist) to go to in the Shootout. I ask because it sure doesn't seem like it. Some of the moves I saw them put on Turco were laughable at best, and I was agreeing with Drew, it was the same thing over and over and over again. It took Mitchell to change it up and shoot it from like 15 yards away. How can the Sharks be a decent team (They aren't playing like a good team these days) and still be one of the worst teams in the league when it comes to Shootouts.

As for the game, I only saw part of it. In the first it looked like there was more physicality, and that was nice to see. It is so odd to see the Sharks in a slump though. I really do think tomorrow Griess should be the goaltender and change up the lines. Put Nichol on the second line, or Marleau on the first. What they are doing now is not working and they need to do anything to right the ship.

SJSharksfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 02:24 AM
  #455
HipCzech
Just win the game
 
HipCzech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: San Carlos
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 2,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBruins7719428 View Post
We know the power of the hfboards site. Rory Fitzpatrick was almost voted into the NHL all-star game. "The Burger Line" was mentioned last week during the Sharks game. If possible, do you think we could pressure Joe Thornton into shooting the puck more? Obviously, this idea is nothing new, as I am the 15,000th person to come up with this idea. But what if every time he got the puck along the half boards, looking for a pass, everyone in the crowd yelled, "shoot shoot shoot!" What if t-shirts and posters were made saying, "Don't Forget to Shoot Joe" or "I Dare Joe Thornton to Shoot". Horrible and basic ideas, but something like that.

I understand Joe is the best passer in the league and has Dany Heatley and Patrick Marleau on his wing. And I understand Joe is a pass first and shoot second kind of player; his league leading 36 assists can attest for that. But Joe has an unbelievably hard and accurate shot (37 and 36 goals scored in dead puck era), and it is becoming more apparent that he is starting to use it less and less as a threat (10 shots in 8 games), especially on the power play.

Enough is enough. I demand it is time for Joe to change his game, which he has promised and talked about doing since McLellan joined the club. I have seen 99% of the games Joe has played in since 97-98 with the Bruins. His superb one-dimensional game needs to be modified immediately and permanently, and I hope you fans will join me in this battle for change. Because we know Joe can be a more dominant and multi-dimensional player.
LOL, if Bruins fans are coming here saying it, them maybe there is a problem. Not everyone reads the game day threads, make a separate thread and see what kind of reaction you get.

Joe did promise that guy as the State of the Sharks he'd shoot more. Lying sack of ****!

HipCzech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 02:28 AM
  #456
HipCzech
Just win the game
 
HipCzech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: San Carlos
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 2,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derick View Post
Greiss. Randy Hahn. Space shark. Turco.

Yes, I think leaving the puck out alone with Turco to see whether or not he puts it in his own net would have been better.
Good list. I would add tweaked neck Murray, broken face Staubitz, and broken hand Shelley.

HipCzech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 02:30 AM
  #457
Derick*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,624
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Derick*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBruins7719428 View Post
We know the power of the hfboards site. Rory Fitzpatrick was almost voted into the NHL all-star game. "The Burger Line" was mentioned last week during the Sharks game. If possible, do you think we could pressure Joe Thornton into shooting the puck more? Obviously, this idea is nothing new, as I am the 15,000th person to come up with this idea. But what if every time he got the puck along the half boards, looking for a pass, everyone in the crowd yelled, "shoot shoot shoot!" What if t-shirts and posters were made saying, "Don't Forget to Shoot Joe" or "I Dare Joe Thornton to Shoot". Horrible and basic ideas, but something like that.

I understand Joe is the best passer in the league and has Dany Heatley and Patrick Marleau on his wing. And I understand Joe is a pass first and shoot second kind of player; his league leading 36 assists can attest for that. But Joe has an unbelievably hard and accurate shot (37 and 36 goals scored in dead puck era), and it is becoming more apparent that he is starting to use it less and less as a threat (10 shots in 8 games), especially on the power play.

Enough is enough. I demand it is time for Joe to change his game, which he has promised and talked about doing since McLellan joined the club. I have seen 99% of the games Joe has played in since 97-98 with the Bruins. His superb one-dimensional game needs to be modified immediately and permanently, and I hope you fans will join me in this battle for change. Because we know Joe can be a more dominant and multi-dimensional player.
That burger thing didn't actually originate here. It's disputed whether it was an HFBoards poster who originated it, and even if it was him, it was based on his post from somewhere else long before there was such a thread here.

Derick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 03:04 AM
  #458
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!
 
Led Zappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Country: Scotland
Posts: 33,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derick View Post
That burger thing didn't actually originate here. It's disputed whether it was an HFBoards poster who originated it, and even if it was him, it was based on his post from somewhere else long before there was such a thread here.
Regardless how it started, and I have seen no evidence that it didn't start here including the post from that other site, it became big here and was mentioned shortly thereafter. HFboards made it happen.

Close is only good in horse shoes and nuclear war.

__________________

Youth Movement! Tally Ho...
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 03:11 AM
  #459
SonomaShark
The sidebar is suck
 
SonomaShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
You know you are on a cold streak if LA Kings are two points away from leading the division.
Sharks are 19-14, with less wins and more losses than the Kings. Pathetic.

SonomaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 03:29 AM
  #460
PotaGuitar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Don't wanna read through the whole thread, how did Leach look?

PotaGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 03:46 AM
  #461
PatMacSB
Registered User
 
PatMacSB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Diego, Ca
Country: Ireland
Posts: 1,456
vCash: 500
disgusting. I checked the score when it was 2-1 in the 2nd while at an Xmas party. When I got home i said to myself, "Bet sjsharks.com loads with 'Sharks edged in shootout',"... and sure enough I was close enough. Same **** different year. yuck.

PatMacSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 03:52 AM
  #462
Eid Ma Clack Shaw
Registered User
 
Eid Ma Clack Shaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,538
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Eid Ma Clack Shaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by osgoodshlatters View Post
i think we are gonna lose 10 in a row
The Red Wings lost 9 of 10 the year they won the cup. Good omen maybe hahah

The Sharks haven't been the same since the Chicago game. That's the one that stands in my mind where everything has been turned upside down.

Eid Ma Clack Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 05:09 AM
  #463
Derick*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,624
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Derick*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBaySharksFan View Post
Sharks are 19-14, with less wins and more losses than the Kings. Pathetic.
Yeah, but the Kings have an easier division. They get to play against the Sharks.

Wait..

Derick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 07:28 AM
  #464
BCShark
Registered User
 
BCShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatMacSB View Post
Same **** different year. yuck.
pretty much

BCShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 10:15 AM
  #465
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!
 
HOOCH2173's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Fullerton
Country: United States
Posts: 4,479
vCash: 500
S.O.S 95 (Same Ole Sharks)

HOOCH2173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 11:12 AM
  #466
sjshrky27
Registered User
 
sjshrky27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,640
vCash: 500
WTF happened to this team??? 1st period they were checking, hitting, scoring. 2nd- 3rd period was like bedtime...

I cannot even blame nabby this time.


For the whole season this team has been hot and cold each period. How can they look so good for one period, then look completely HORRIBLE the next. I just dont get it...

This isn't one player fault. There is some sort of breakdown happening here.


Last edited by sjshrky27: 12-12-2009 at 11:18 AM.
sjshrky27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 11:28 AM
  #467
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Graveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 11,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshrky27 View Post
WTF happened to this team??? 1st period they were checking, hitting, scoring. 2nd- 3rd period was like bedtime...

I cannot even blame nabby this time.



For the whole season this team has been hot and cold each period. How can they look so good for one period, then look completely HORRIBLE the next. I just dont get it...

This isn't one player fault. There is some sort of breakdown happening here.
Do you do that alot? The main part of this team didn't deserve to win. Nor have they for awhile this season its rarely been nabby thats fumbled the game then again I bet you have your dobts.

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 11:32 AM
  #468
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhye View Post
You know you are on a cold streak if LA Kings are two points away from leading the division.
These aren't your Dad's LA Kings anymore. Thanks for Lombardi by the way. Even if it did take a detour and a while for him to get here we are very happy to have him.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 11:35 AM
  #469
Artful_Dodger*
 
Artful_Dodger*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The CLT
Posts: 4,285
vCash: 500
Kings might win the Calder Cup this year.

Artful_Dodger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 11:36 AM
  #470
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor
 
TheGooooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 17,938
vCash: 500
A. The kings are a good team, so it isn't the sharks being a couple points in front of them as much as it is the kings playing well this season and being second in the division which they struggled in for years. Transfer of power an they are taking it from the Ducks
B. They didn't play that bad, everyone here overreacts

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 12:25 PM
  #471
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful_Dodger View Post
Kings might win the Calder Cup this year.
Nice to see that you are following the progress of our youngsters down in Manchester.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 12:42 PM
  #472
Tomahawk214
i'm not even mad
 
Tomahawk214's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Davis, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,162
vCash: 500
I like Leach. Any guy who goes after Ott in his first game in teal is awesome.

Tomahawk214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 12:58 PM
  #473
VP and GM
Bill Says Hey Baby!
 
VP and GM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: at home
Country: United States
Posts: 5,472
vCash: 500
Another SO loss - this sucks. If i'm the coach and team i'd do anything to ensure
a regulation win today as i'd hate another SO.

New guy on D looked ok, he did a good job of not taking any crap from the Stars.

Nabby was decent.

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 03:28 PM
  #474
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
These aren't your Dad's LA Kings anymore. Thanks for Lombardi by the way. Even if it did take a detour and a while for him to get here we are very happy to have him.
I know. But I needed a way to insult my team to make myself feel better.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 03:59 PM
  #475
one2gamble
Registered User
 
one2gamble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
The Red Wings lost 9 of 10 the year they won the cup. Good omen maybe hahah

The Sharks haven't been the same since the Chicago game. That's the one that stands in my mind where everything has been turned upside down.
their game changed and their power play died.

Honestly they are just a bit snake bitten. They are barely missing on a lot of goals that were going in earlier in the year. 2 absurd saves by two very good goalies caused two losses. 1 by kipper and 1 by turco.

What is bothering me that the second line isnt doing much, it really needs to start clicking and I am really looking at gooch at this point.

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.