HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Lee: Be sure to file a complaint at the NHL officials site

Old
12-11-2009, 05:25 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

vCash: 500
Chris Lee: Be sure to file a complaint at the NHL officials site

That was such an incompetent call by Chris Lee last night against the Pens

It gets even worse when you review the disallowed goal a few times...

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?h...=sb:highlights

Please be sure to let the NHL know about it if you had any issues with it.

http://www.nhlofficials.com/contact.asp

Ps. Obviously its only one ref call in a long season... but it was still incompetent nevertheless

Last edited by Born in 1909: 12-11-2009 at 06:28 AM.
Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 06:58 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylife View Post
That was such an incompetent call by Chris Lee last night against the Pens

It gets even worse when you review the disallowed goal a few times...

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?h...=sb:highlights

Please be sure to let the NHL know about it if you had any issues with it.

http://www.nhlofficials.com/contact.asp

Ps. Obviously its only one ref call in a long season... but it was still incompetent nevertheless
you're kidding right?

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 07:35 AM
Captain Saku

watch the habs missing the playoffs with just one point needed

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 07:37 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Is was clear as day that the puck was in before the whistle.
At least review the play and he wouldnt even do that.
He needs to lose his job or be sent to the ECHL to ref

King Woodballs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 07:44 AM
RushDP

I lodged a complaint. Do I expect them to do anything? No. Still they should hear from some of us to make sure Lee doesn't get any important games in the future and possibly never do a Habs game again.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 07:45 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Is was clear as day that the puck was in before the whistle.
At least review the play and he wouldnt even do that.
He needs to lose his job or be sent to the ECHL to ref
Doesnt matter if the puck was in.....it happend earlier this week as well in another game.
It doesnt have to be the sound of the whistle that stops the play.
If the ref is in the motion of putting the whistle in his mouth to stop the play.
It's his intention that counts

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 07:56 AM
HabsSlappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Doesnt matter if the puck was in.....it happend earlier this week as well in another game.
If the ref is in the motion of putting the whistle in his mouth to stop the play.
Yes you are right. Happened to the Red Wings earlier in the year. The play stops at the time that the referee intends to blow the whistle, not when it actually happens.

That being said, the puck was loose and he shouldn't have been blowing the whistle. But what can you do?

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 07:57 AM
CuteHockeyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
His intention was to point to the net for a goal. He changed his mind. Brain fart? Perhaps, but when such a conflict of opinion happens, you need to review the play. He did not do it, despite being confused on what the hell happened.

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 08:19 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Not allowing a goal review shows a lack of professionalism, and Chris has been in this league long enough to know better. Reffing against original six teams has become extremely suspicious over the years, and it is the same case for teams (new or not) with $ problem. Just think "Crosby lottery" and you'll realize how this league manages its business. Like any other business, to make money, and any means justify the end, as always.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 08:33 AM
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On

Complaining to the league about refs, your funny...

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 08:39 AM
PunkinDrublic*

He will not be reprimended, he is reffing Habs games for a reason. The fix is on, no need for Montreal to win the Bell centre is always full. He deserves a good work over on a back street somewheres in the city. He has such a ****in little *****, and that ugly mug of his.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 08:43 AM
HabsSlappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Not allowing a goal review shows a lack of professionalism, and Chris has been in this league long enough to know better. Reffing against original six teams has become extremely suspicious over the years, and it is the same case for teams (new or not) with $ problem. Just think "Crosby lottery" and you'll realize how this league manages its business. Like any other business, to make money, and any means justify the end, as always.
Sadly this is not a reviewable play. The referee intended to blow the whistle. As soon as he decides in his head that the play is dead, it no longer becomes a reviewable play. Check this link out, it explains it from last month when Brad May's goal was disallowed.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=506731

"In this particular case, what would happen is we (in the League's video replay room in Toronto) would see the puck in the net and call the video goal judge and say, 'Please blow the horn and get the referee over here. We see a puck in the net that hasn't been ruled a goal,' " Murphy said. "At that point the referee would come over and we would have the discussion. Usually the referees know exactly what's happening and they would come to us and say, 'Listen, I blew the whistle or my intent to blow the whistle was there. I've got this play dead before the puck crosses the goal line.' No more need be said. Once we hear that, basically video review is now out of the process. We step aside and say it's a call made on the ice and it's a non-reviewable call. It's a whistle blown by the referee and it was blown or the intent to blow it was before the puck crossed the goal line."

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 08:54 AM
RC51

I demand a supreme court inquiry into the competence of Lee not just as an NHL ref but a full evaluation of his mental state. This inquiry should be followed by a complete CSIS and RCMP probe into the possible underworld connections and the game fixing that we all clearly saw. Canada has no Guantanamo bay to send him to but we do have les ile mouk mouk N 48 27' 0'' W 79 15' 58''

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Turboflex*

Why the **** did he point to the goal line then change his mind??? The replay shows it going in basically same instant as whistle too.

Add to that the no call on the McKee flip out which woulda given the habs a 1:30 5v3 and he quite arguably robbed the habs of 2 goals and at least 1 point in standings.

Normally I don't whine about officials cuz they have a tough job and I think all teams get bad calls, but this is just OUTRAGEOUS. Compounded by the fact that this guy consistently blows these sort of calls, he should not be in NHL.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 08:56 AM
crystal ball

Video review of goals is still allowed in the NHL right? So WHY wasn't that play reviewed? It was obviously a goal. All they had to do was look at the tape. I think the video room in TO should be allowed to overrule a ref who's obviously blown a call.

crystal ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Thorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
Sadly this is not a reviewable play. The referee intended to blow the whistle. As soon as he decides in his head that the play is dead, it no longer becomes a reviewable play. Check this link out, it explains it from last month when Brad May's goal was disallowed.

"In this particular case, what would happen is we (in the League's video replay room in Toronto) would see the puck in the net and call the video goal judge and say, 'Please blow the horn and get the referee over here. We see a puck in the net that hasn't been ruled a goal,' " Murphy said. "At that point the referee would come over and we would have the discussion. Usually the referees know exactly what's happening and they would come to us and say, 'Listen, I blew the whistle or my intent to blow the whistle was there. I've got this play dead before the puck crosses the goal line.' No more need be said. Once we hear that, basically video review is now out of the process. We step aside and say it's a call made on the ice and it's a non-reviewable call. It's a whistle blown by the referee and it was blown or the intent to blow it was before the puck crossed the goal line."
That is such a cop out, especially since (as mentioned by several others) he initially was pointing for a goal.

Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 09:45 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
It won't do anything, I recall us filing complaints against a referee before and nothing ever happened.

However, the NHL really should change the rule. If the referee loses sight of the puck, but is not in adequate position to deem whether or not it was loose, and it ends up in the net, then the call shall be reviewed and the war room in Toronto should decide whether or not the goal will stand.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 09:49 AM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal ball View Post
Video review of goals is still allowed in the NHL right? So WHY wasn't that play reviewed? It was obviously a goal. All they had to do was look at the tape. I think the video room in TO should be allowed to overrule a ref who's obviously blown a call.

Did you even read the thread?

Habsslappy said it best.

Quote:

Unfortunately they can't review it.

Everyone makes mistakes. Players, Refs, Coaches, GMs and even yourself. I've made a few mistakes at work but I learn from them and that's what Chris Lee will do.

12-11-2009, 09:51 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguins23 View Post
Did you even read the thread?

Habsslappy said it best.

Unfortunately they can't review it.

Everyone makes mistakes. Players, Refs, Coaches, GMs and even yourself. I've made a few mistakes at work but I learn from them and that's what Chris Lee will do.
No, Chris Lee won't.

I'm telling you, he's done the same things in the QMJHL. He hasn't changed. He makes hockey games about him, he influences the game so people talk about him.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Drive425

Quote:

If his intent was to blow it, let him know mission accomplished. Bettman works in mysterious ways.

You know, all kidding aside. If the Habs are going to be fined by the league for not submitting the paperwork on the White call up against the Senators then the league should fine refs for blowing plays. Considering there are now 2 refs on the ice and 2 linesman you'd think they could get it right. You'd think

"Don't worry pal! Bettman says the fix is on!!"

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:05 AM
phil

Did anyone mention that the habs could have at least got a point if Price wouldn't let that soft goal that would have gone a foot over the crossbar in the 3rd... Lee isn't the only one to blame... that also took something like 20 shots in the game... can't win much with 20 shots

phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil View Post
Did anyone mention that the habs could have at least got a point if Price wouldn't let that soft goal that would have gone a foot over the crossbar in the 3rd... Lee isn't the only one to blame... that also took something like 20 shots in the game... can't win much with 20 shots
True. I'm pissed as much as anyone about the call, but it isnt the reason we lost. We have to stop being a bunch of babies here.

We lost because we couldnt score more than the Penguines. END OF STORY.

We wouldnt have to discuss this dumb move if he out shot them and out scored them.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:20 AM
walsy37

I lodged a complaint. There are three Refs retiring this year. Unfortunately we will be left with crap like Lee. Does anyone know how to start a Fire Chris Lee website?

I am really pissed - not so much that the Habs lost but that there is such incompetence at the NHL level. The NHL should levy real punishment, like suspend a ref for 5 games if he screws up like that. Here is a rule change I believe should be implemented. If a any of the 4 officials see the puck frozen in the glove or pads they can blow the whistle dead to replace this silly thing that if the ref is blind for a second the play will die.

walsy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Ncrdrg

Send a message via AIM to Ncrdrg Send a message via MSN to Ncrdrg
There, done.
Not that I actually expect anything to happen. As long as the NHL reffing system isn't handled by a 3rd party, nothing substantial will ever happen.

Ncrdrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal ball View Post
The review would've confirmed a no goal. They wouldn't have gone on the grounds of the puck being loose, they'd be reviewing on intent to blow whistle.