HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

PHX rejected Sanguinetti for Mueller

Old
12-11-2009, 05:58 PM
darko

vCash: 500
Dubi no but I would trade Cally for Mueller in a heartbeat.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordStanleysMug View Post
Wow people wouldn't trade Callahan for Mueller? Disgusting. We're lucky thats all they are asking.
Callahan is

3rd in the league in hits
3rd among Ranger Forwards in blocked shots
5 goals

Peter Mueller has 1 goal

Oh and for fun, guess who has the least giveaways of all our full time defensemen. Go ahead, guess.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...tssPlayerStats

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Captain Monglobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Oh and for fun, guess who has the least giveaways of all our full time defensemen. Go ahead, guess.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...tssPlayerStats
What does that really say though? Having one less turnover than a rookie D-man in Gilroy does not really start to make me comfortable with the fact that Roszival is making 5 mil.

Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Monglobster View Post
What does that really say though? Having one less turnover than a rookie D-man in Gilroy does not really start to make me comfortable with the fact that Roszival is making 5 mil.
He has 10, Del Zotto has 22. I love DZ as much as anyone but Rozy gets waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much crap here.

Old
12-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Captain Monglobster

Quote:
He has 10, Del Zotto has 22. I love DZ as much as anyone but Rozy gets waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much crap here.
Right now most people Del Zotto's age are studying for finals. Roszival should not be compared to rookies, who are supposed to make mistakes as they adjust to higher competition.

Roszival has had 10 years in the NHL to stop making bad turnovers, and I would say that his low turnover number has more to do with him playing less minutes than any other veteran D-man before Redden got injured.

Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

He had less than most of our defensemen last season too, which was justified by the Rozy haters as "Well more of his seem to become goals"

Yeah, Rozy needs to step up his game or be dealt. But he isnt Malik, never has been.

Old
12-11-2009, 07:12 PM
In The Flesh

Sangs is expendable, how many offensive minded D men do we need? DZ, Gilroy, Sangs, Redden, Rozi, ugh...

But no way to trading Cally, sry, no way. Has Mueller thrown a hit ever? We're soft as hell as it is. Thats a huuuuge issue with this team.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 07:16 PM
ecemleafs

lol, wtf constitutes a giveaway then? rozy just flips the puck to center or gives it away in our own zone 75% of the time he gets the puck by the goal line.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 07:17 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Sangs is expendable, how many offensive minded D men do we need? DZ, Gilroy, Sangs, Redden, Rozi, ugh...

But no way to trading Cally, sry, no way. Has Mueller thrown a hit ever? We're soft as hell as it is. Thats a huuuuge issue with this team.
I really dont see a problem with having 3 offensive minded d-men. First of all, they are all different. MDZ is a great passer. Gilroy is great at joining the rush and becoming a 4th forward and Sangs has a rocket from the point. I say let them develop their value in the NHL before dealing them, as prospects in the minors their value is pretty low.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 07:34 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
I really dont see a problem with having 3 offensive minded d-men. First of all, they are all different. MDZ is a great passer. Gilroy is great at joining the rush and becoming a 4th forward and Sangs has a rocket from the point. I say let them develop their value in the NHL before dealing them, as prospects in the minors their value is pretty low.
I agree 100% with this. I have a feeling that if we give up on Sangs before he has a legitimate shot in the NHL we will regret it.

12-11-2009, 07:36 PM
pwoz

It must be hard for young d-men to develop @ NYR because their veteran experts are Rozsival and Redden.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 07:44 PM
ecemleafs

the redden hate is really getting old. hes been a good player for the past year now.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

What if Sather includes another prospect? Or Pick?

Sanguinetti, and a 4th? Hell, I've even do a 3rd, considering how this draft is looking..

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 08:02 PM
OrbitalDynamics
Ants? Solid Plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan444 View Post
I agree 100% with this. I have a feeling that if we give up on Sangs before he has a legitimate shot in the NHL we will regret it.
You know if we do it'll turn into Mike Ridley/Kelly Miller 2.0.

OrbitalDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 08:03 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
the redden hate is really getting old. hes been a good player for the past year now.
Most of this board would only be happy with a d core of bourques, prongers, leetchs, orrs etc. Even then they would have someone to gripe about.

Last edited by lbrowne: 12-11-2009 at 08:15 PM.
lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 09:46 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
a good player as in how? goals, assists, hits, what?

he's been good for about 1.5 per, not 6.5 or whatever the hell he's making

give us a friggin break, the guy's a bum

give me 4 Strudwicks over this sore excuse for a letter wearing vet

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:

Old
12-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
What if Sather includes another prospect? Or Pick?

Sanguinetti, and a 4th? Hell, I've even do a 3rd, considering how this draft is looking..
It's not the value that's the problem. The Yotes have a solid blue line as-is with a good looking stable of blue line prospects as well. They're in a playoff spot, so they're looking to exchange Mueller for immediate help. Hence the counter for Callahan or Dubinsky.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:05 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Players that tend to carry the puck a lot usually have the most giveaways. Notice Gaborik at #2. Rozsival's giveaways have been miles worse than MDZ's

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
a good player as in how? goals, assists, hits, what?

he's been good for about 1.5 per, not 6.5 or whatever the hell he's making

give us a friggin break, the guy's a bum

Do us all a favor and watch a game. The ignorance is just sad.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 11:05 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Maloney wants Callahan?

Sell, sell now, while 'value' is high.

This kid has zero skill.

If you can get Meuller for Callahan, do it and run.

Sadly, I have to agree. God knows how much it stinks to be part of a franchise that has had a ton of external issues (and poor Shane Doan has been through it TWICE).

Mueller is a stud. I don't think he's a flash in the pan, and there is a good chance that Ryan Callahan reached his ceiling last year.

That being said, I just love Cally's game and for years, this fanbase has been screaming for a player like him. He just has a tough time with the puck in his own zone.

Both Meuller and Callahan are having terrible seasons offensively, but at least Cally can make up for it with effort, hitting and on the PK. Meuller doesnt really offer that.

But I still make the trade. Surround Meuller with the right players and he could be a 75-point guy.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 11:18 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Do us all a favor and watch a game. The ignorance is just sad.

He's right and wrong. Redden was playing Ok but he hasnt really been a game changer, which is what I was expecting when we signed him.

You know, for all the hate Brian Campbell got for his contract (and it was a bit much), every time I watch the Hawks, this guy is flying all over the ice, skating from end to end and making sharp tape-to-tape passes (basically was DZ was doing for us earlier and what he will do for his career here)

Granted Campbell is nothing great on defense, and he didnt put up Norris numbers, but at least he's showing what he can do on the ice, even with a good team in front of him.

If you recall, Redden was "supposed" to aid the offense from the blueline, anchor the PP, log 27-30 mins a game and be a go-to guy in a variety of situations. From a defensive standpoint he's been decent, but he still is prone to making terrible turnovers. Offensively, he is what he is, but nowhere near what I expected him to be.

Sadly, both Sam and Joe kept on saying how Redden is better this year (which he is) because he has less responsibility. That's fine: but how often can we honestly say that Wade Redden was a game changer while a Ranger -- I can only think of one or two games where he clearly was the best player on the ice.

Redden has grown on me but he hasnt been anything short of a disappointment when you consider what he was expected to do, which at the time of the signing, I didnt think were unrealistic.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 06:49 AM
msv957

Quote:
I agree.. it seems HF always thinks the shiny new rookie is the savior... Rozy is a quality NHL top 4 defenseman....

I know MDZ looks real promising but I am willing to bet most Ranger fans at the beginning of this year would be ok with MDZ being a quality top 4 NHL defenseman for his career as a Ranger....

Last edited by msv957: 12-12-2009 at 06:52 AM. Reason: typo
msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 08:54 AM
nyr7andcounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio Africanus View Post
Sadly, both Sam and Joe kept on saying how Redden is better this year (which he is) because he has less responsibility. That's fine: but how often can we honestly say that Wade Redden was a game changer while a Ranger -- I can only think of one or two games where he clearly was the best player on the ice.
I agree with your assessment of Redden as far as not being a game changer. But I disagree with saying it's fine that he's playing better because he has less responsibility. At $6.5 million per year the franchise is paying him to have responsibility. In fact, he should be taking more responsibility this year being that we exchanged some veteran defenseman (Morris, Mara) for rookies (Gilroy, MDZ). Just because he was so bad last year doesn't mean we have to treat him like he's 23 and be happy that at least he's making some progress because we're putting him in easier situations.

As for Sanguinetti for Mueller... no surprise Phoenix rejected that. But the people in this thread who've said we shouldn't trade our youth are crazy in this case. If we expect Gilroy and MDZ to be here for a few years Sanguinetti is only going to be repetitive once he makes the jump to the NHL full time. We don't need 5 offensive defenseman and Staal. Sanguinetti is our most expendable player who actually has some trade value and probably our only chance to land a forward of similar age with top line potential which is what we're missing most.

nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:42 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Redden and Rozsival are offensive minded defensemen? On which planet?

The Rangers have one pure offensive defenseman. MDZ.

Gilroy has been better defensively than offensively. The pairing of Gilroy and Redden had not been on the ice for a goal against for a decent stretch about a month ago. It's too bad Gilroy wasn't given a real chance to play with MDZ on the PP or even work on the 2nd unit. We don't know Gilroy is.

Sanguinetti for another young forward. OK. Sanguinetti for Berglund. Sanguinetti for Mueller.

The Rangers are going to be dealing with two group II D in the summer-Staal and Girardi. They don't have many expiring contracts this summer. The cap will remain status quo. Something has to give there. They can't trade Sanguinetti if they don't think they can sign Girardi. If they re-sign Girardi money has to be moved.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote