HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers condition

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2004, 03:27 PM
BobMarleyNYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Rangers condition

Hey guys... This is my first post on HF, but I've been reading this stuff for a while. To be honest, I'm an 18-year-old college kid, who's lucky enough to see some CHL, USHL, NCAA & European games and watch videos. With that said, I'm no expert so just take my opinions (and everyone's for that matter) with a grain of salt...

Anyway. I see the Rangers going in a semi-good direction for a change (minus Leetch trade). But, I don't understand why our developmental system is in this state. There's a lot of future 3rd/4th line depth guys (i.e. Falardeau, Taylor) but there are few genuine future-NHL'ers (Jessiman, Tjutin, Immonen, MAYBE Prucha). The last time we had hotshot prospects was when Brendl/Lundmark got drafted. Brendl seems to be a flop, and Lundmark (aside from his defensive input) should be traded, IMO.

I just really hope this draft turns out well. You see, everyone got used to hearing this draft isn't deep. I personally think '79 & '03 were the biggest ever, but this draft is by no means shallow.

I don't think Sather should try to move up/get more picks at all. With the late first-rounder, we're sure to have some success in June. And the 36th, 37th spot is an excellent position for a steal.im

Since I first saw Andrew Ladd a while back, I liked him a lot. I st be still believe Barker should be no. 1 in NA, just in front of Ladd... Picard #3? Errr....

However, I think we should get Ladd at 6, and shoot for either Bruce Graham or Carl Soderberg at 24. With the two early 2nd rounders, I'd love either Roman Tesliuk, Petteri Nokelainen, Lauri Korpikoski or Blake Wheeler. The 3 other 2nd rounders could be used on Travis Zajac, Andy Rogers and maybe John Lammers

We'll see how it plays out... I also expect an interesting offseason.

Old
05-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Broadway Brett

Welcome to the board! You seem like a great guy, and very intelligent, I hope you prove to be that way! You seem to have real good opinions with information to back them up.

I really want Olesz at #6, I am EXTREMELY high on him. He is one guy I am begging for the Rangers to get. With our 2nd first, I hope the Rangers trade up and get Wes O'Neil. In the 2nd round, I hope we get Evan McGrath, Blake Wheeler, Grant Lewis, Boris Valibek, and we trade the other 2nd. I'm not counting the Umberger pick, because I think that is a 2005 pick, not 2004. All these players add alot of great prospects and depth, while we get, IMO, a few Grade-A prospects.

Old
05-16-2004, 03:41 PM
BLACKBURN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
I also expect an interesting offseason.
I think that is the only certainty for this off-season. Welcome to the boards by the way. I wouldnt mind us moving pehaps a couple of seconds to sneak into the first, but like the fact we have so many picks in the second with which we should be able to get some talent. I really can nto wait until draft day.

Closed Thread