HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev : best line in playoffs

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2004, 01:04 PM
Fan-of-#9

vCash: 500
With what happened at the end of game 4, there is no way Kovalev can be on the BEST line in the game. That play could cost them the series! That offsets everything he's done so far. Plays like that are what define a player.

Old
04-16-2004, 01:16 PM
blah

Let's not get too high on the Zhamnov line. Handzus' has faced Madden's every game.

Old
04-16-2004, 01:22 PM
J-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The One
They are NOT the best line in the playoffs.

Kovalev's been great the last few games, but where were Koivu and Zed before yesterday? Kovalev had been carrying these guys before last night. I'm surely going to get flamed for this, but I think that offensively for the Habs the Dagenais-Ribeiro-Ryder line has been more dangerous and more consistant over the five games, except for Kovalev of course.
I don't think we're watching the same games, because the Koivu line dominates in all three zones (Joe Thornton, 0 pts - kudos to A. Markov for that also). No wonder why Mike Sullivan decided to matchup Joe against the Ribeiro line for some shifts in game 5, and that's where the bruins' 1st line got most of their scoring chances. IMO the best player in this series after Raycroft is Koivu.

Old
04-16-2004, 01:51 PM
Not The One

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-D
I don't think we're watching the same games, because the Koivu line dominates in all three zones (Joe Thornton, 0 pts - kudos to A. Markov for that also). No wonder why Mike Sullivan decided to matchup Joe against the Ribeiro line for some shifts in game 5, and that's where the bruins' 1st line got most of their scoring chances. IMO the best player in this series after Raycroft is Koivu.
Typical.

Look guys, I love Koivu too but he has ONE big game and every other Habs fan jumps on his bandwagon. One game does not make the series. Apart from yesterday, every point he had was a direct result of Kovalev's play. Ditto for Zednik. I dont doubt they have done some good work on defense, but every other habs line can say the same, including the Ribeiro line. And the youth line was our best line in both games 1 and 2, even though we lost. They made something hapen almost every time they are on the ice. I can't say the same for the Koivu line (again, before yesterday).

Bottom line, Kovalev carried the line in games 2, 3 and 4. Ribeiro, Ryder and Dagenais have given a more consistant effort during all those games even if they don't have the points to show for it.

I was very hard on Kovalev for his lack of production until last week, but even with his giveaway in game 4, he has been the best player in the series except for Raycroft. Btw, I would nominate the Nylander line for best in the playoffs.

Last edited by Not The One: 04-16-2004 at 02:00 PM.
Old
04-16-2004, 01:58 PM
Ric Flair

Send a message via AIM to Ric Flair Send a message via MSN to Ric Flair Send a message via Yahoo to Ric Flair
Whatever line Shean Donovan is on is the best of the playoffs.

Old
04-16-2004, 02:23 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Including the PP they've been in on 6 of the 8 Devils goals. Devils problem isn't the EGG line, it's that guys like Madden, Friesen, Langenbrunner, Niedermayer and Rafalski haven't gotten on the scoreboard yet.
I meant...give them CREDIT *aka "Props"* for the Devils' one victory in the series, they have been phenomenal...imo.

Old
04-16-2004, 03:00 PM
H3ro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
He wasn't dominating on the score board and had frustrating game yesterday but he deserves alot of praise for playing with his injury knowing that without him B's have less chances.

And he is still young player at the same age as rookies Ryder and Ribeiro and I think younger than Dagenais, much younger than Habs 1st line for sure.
Joe Thornton has done nothing so far in this series, and I'm not only talking about the scoresheet... So, for you, any player who plays with a injury, even if he's doing nothing, is a dominant player?

And I really don't understand why you are talking about Thornton's age and Habs players, everyone know Joe is one of the best player in the league, but accept that he has been brutal in this series... Just for your information, in 11 matchup between the Habs and the Bruins this season, Jose Theodore got more points than Thornton.

Old
04-16-2004, 03:08 PM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3ro
Just for your information, in 11 matchup between the Habs and the Bruins this season, Jose Theodore got more points than Thornton.
:lol

Old
04-16-2004, 04:04 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan
The egg line in NJ >>>>>>>> then the koivu line
The Blackhawk Down line in Philly >>>>>>>>>>>>>then the Koivu line

I haven't seen much of the other series but I am sure there are better lines out there.

Koivu-Kovalev-Zednik>>>>>>EGG line

The Koivu line has been better, as they've not only been shutting down Big Joe's line, but they've been producing.

I will agree with you, though, that the Roenick line has been better. They've been the best line in the playoffs. Thank god JR fell to me on my last pick in my pool.

Closed Thread