HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Cole (out 2-3 weeks) and Larose (out 3-4 weeks) placed on IR. Dwyer, Tlusty recalled

Old
12-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Larry Fisher
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Why was Tlusty sent down? Who was called up in his place or who is healthy now?

I thought with Cole and LaRose out for weeks, he would get a longer look than two games. Or is it just a matter of going down and playing a couple AHL games because he doesn't have to clear waivers and he'll be back up for the Canes next game later in the week?

(Disclaimer: I picked Tlusty up in a Yahoo pool and want to know whether to keep him this week or drop him if he's not coming back up any time soon...let me know!!!)

Larry Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

It's the 2nd. Carolina doesn't play again until Wednesday, so we sent them down to get some AHL games and save some money. At least, that's the general assumption.

Blueline Bomber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
It's the 2nd. Carolina doesn't play again until Wednesday, so we sent them down to get some AHL games and save some money. At least, that's the general assumption.
just like SJS were calling up and sending down McGinn before and after every game.

it is the salary cap game.

you'll see tlusty back up for wednesday.

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Guerzy
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Agree about Tlusty. I liked how fluid he looked, smooth skater, creative, pretty good hands. You could see he is an offense first winger, and for this team that is a good thing. I think with time Tlusty can be a valuable top 6/9 guy for us. I don't mind him getting a few games up here but I also like the idea of him playing on a pretty good Albany team with the rest of our young guys as he can still polish up his game and hopefully be more of an impact guy for us next year. It's a solid mix down there and it's going to be a group of them eventually here in Carolina full time as soon as next October, so it's a good fit for him to really break through and come into his own.

What I like, and I believe can help Tlusty is he'll be playing with guys in Albany (that will eventually be here full time as soon as next season) and they're all relatively the same age, carry scoring potential, are creative, etc. I really think Tlusty can and will fit in well with the likes of Sutter, Boychuk, Bowman, Samson, etc, etc as the young kids on the team. I like the fit and believe the more time he spends with the kids in Albany the better and more comfortable he'll be come next October when he is on the big team with the mentioned youngens making the transition. I think it's going to be an exciting, young, offense oriented team. The thought of adding a young talent in the form of Hall or Seguin just adds to the excitement.

Last edited by Guerzy: 12-14-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Guerzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 08:06 AM
StormCast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
And to the gentleman that still wishes to chrip despite being on my ignore list, please keep my name out of your mouth. Nobody rattled your cage.
Me? I didn't mention your name and I didn't quote you but that didn't stop you from flipping out the last time I disagreed with you. Posters sometime have different opinions and if someone questions mine, it's fair game. You seem to have an issue with it, but oh well. But then again if I'm your ignore list, none of this ever happened did it? Like a tree falling in the woods.... On to more important matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
I liked how fluid he looked, smooth skater, creative, pretty good hands. You could see he is an offense first winger, and for this team that is a good thing. I think with time Tlusty can be a valuable top 6/9 guy for us.
Confidence has been an issue with him and I think having played for Maurice for both Toronto teams before helped quite a bit. He's looked pretty comfortable overall and he has looked to make plays instead of just getting through a shift without making a mistake like many young guys do who are with a new team.

For the most part, he's shown good offensive instincts and he sees the ice quite well. Only time will tell, as the cliche goes, on the trade for Paradis but you can see the potential that caused the Canes to want to make the trade. Paradis was a guy the Leafs had rated fairly highly too so it's understandable that they'd be interested given his Burke-like physical style of play.

Not that I expect him to use it all that much for hitting, given his style of play, but Tlusty has some pretty good size. As he matures that should help him stay strong on the puck in the high traffic areas. The other side note is that the fact the organization gave so much credence to Maurice's input on him is a pretty clear signal that his job isn't in jeopardy any time soon despite the payroll rollbacks due to Lavi's hiring and McCarthy's departure.

StormCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 07:07 PM
imayagainknowanson
Jailbait

Patrick Dwyer and Bryan Rodney Recalled from Albany.

No Tlusty. Maybe Larose will play?

imayagainknowanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
#bandwagonwildcup

Samsonov is back.

12-15-2009, 09:58 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleCooper View Post
Samsonov is back.
plus, Tlusty is still having visa problems:

from Chip at the N&O blog
Quote:
The team sent forwards Jiri Tlusty and Patrick Dwyer back to Albany after the Ottawa game, and Maurice said Dwyer could be recalled for the Stars game because of immigration issues involving Tlusty.
"Jiri is probably in that four- to five-day window where he's not able to play," Maurice said. "The immigration thing ... has changed the last few years since 9-11. The process of getting visas, I think, has gotten longer. So I don't think he's available, which would put Paddy Dwyer more as the next guy up, I would think."

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote