HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Spectrum seats go on sale TODAY (Nov 9)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-08-2009, 05:49 PM
  #1
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
Spectrum seats go on sale TODAY (Nov 9)

295 for a single, 395 for a pair, and 195 for a folding chair...

Anyone planning on getting a pair? I definitely want a set but was wondering if its something that I need to buy right away for something I can wait until I am in a better financial situation to purchase a set.

What do you guys think the demand on these will be?

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/aroun...-69288172.html


Last edited by flountown: 11-09-2009 at 08:36 AM. Reason: changed the title to reflect date...
flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 06:03 PM
  #2
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Dear Santa...

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 06:14 PM
  #3
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Those things are disgusting. No thanks...

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 07:29 PM
  #4
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Those things are disgusting. No thanks...

I always said, if I could get a pair, I would poor a concrete footer in my "Man Cave" to attach them and then pour a soda, beer, some popcorn and peanuts on the concrete and permanently clearcoat/shellac/seal it to the concrete just so I can feel like I am in the Spectrum.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 10:10 PM
  #5
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
I always said, if I could get a pair, I would poor a concrete footer in my "Man Cave" to attach them and then pour a soda, beer, some popcorn and peanuts on the concrete and permanently clearcoat/shellac/seal it to the concrete just so I can feel like I am in the Spectrum.
You can pour Elmer's glue down on the floor and get the same effect.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2009, 10:14 PM
  #6
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I'd love. If I had money to blow.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 08:18 AM
  #7
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
I won 2 back during the Flyers Wives' Carnival. I paid more than the current sale price, but at least I get a tax deduction out of it. I'm also going to pick up a section of the boards and maybe some other miscellaneous items for my family room.

I've been told that everything in the place will be available for purchase, including the scoreboard.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 08:35 AM
  #8
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
I wonder how much the Holmgren-Cashman gate would sell for.

I really want a pair of seats...boards would be nice, but seats are the number 1 priority...heck, I wish I had enough money to fill a room as the max per person is 10...

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 09:11 AM
  #9
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
I won 2 back during the Flyers Wives' Carnival. I paid more than the current sale price, but at least I get a tax deduction out of it. I'm also going to pick up a section of the boards and maybe some other miscellaneous items for my family room.

I've been told that everything in the place will be available for purchase, including the scoreboard.
pelts, please post pictures of the family room once you have it done!

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 09:14 AM
  #10
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 110,453
vCash: 5872
lol @ the prices.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 09:48 AM
  #11
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,476
vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
I never saw a Flyers game at the Spectrum, well besides against the Phantoms. So thats too much money for me to spend.

I did see Phish there a bunch of times!

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 10:04 AM
  #12
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
pelts, please post pictures of the family room once you have it done!
Will do, although it may be quite some time. While I have the funds for the seats, boards and other items, I may not have the funds to install until a few months later.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 10:21 AM
  #13
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
For people who have issues with the price, realize that seats from Shea stadium, which is bigger than the Spectrum, for quantity of seats/demand, and are charging 869 per pair. Yankee stadium seats are approximately 1250 a pair, so I consider the price point for the spectrum, as long as you buy a pair, and not the folding chairs, you are getting a great deal for the 395.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 10:35 AM
  #14
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
For people who have issues with the price, realize that seats from Shea stadium, which is bigger than the Spectrum, for quantity of seats/demand, and are charging 869 per pair. Yankee stadium seats are approximately 1250 a pair, so I consider the price point for the spectrum, as long as you buy a pair, and not the folding chairs, you are getting a great deal for the 395.
$400 for a pair of any chairs for a rec room is a pretty good price. Now throw in the fact that they're from the Spectrum and consider the history those seats have experienced, and they're a wicked price.

If I had the chance to get my hands on a pair, I'd be all over it.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2009, 10:55 AM
  #15
Murphy7
Drop the puck
 
Murphy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country:
Posts: 1,635
vCash: 500
Thanks for putting the NY stadium seats up, as I was thinking of their outrageous prices.
And remember, too, a square from the Sixers floor goes for as much as $184.
Those of you who can should scoop these up and enjoy. I'm sure they will be plenty cool in a bar/game room. I'd love to put a pair at center ice of our air hockey table, but $395 is too much for me with a young family. But it seems like a pretty fair price.

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 02:19 PM
  #16
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
I just got back from the Spectrum to pick up my seats! It was a very surreal experience as I drove my SUV down the tunnel onto the Spectrum floor! I did a lap of what was the ice surface.

I would say that a quarter of the seats have been removed, but the rest of the inside of the seating area is still intact. I have no idea of what the concourse looks like.

From what they were telling me, no demolition date has been set yet, but most likely it will sometime in February or March. Basically everything that is in the arena, including the scoreboard, will be available for purchase. Many items will go up for auction in January. The last items to go will be the actual bricks of the Spectrum.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 02:20 PM
  #17
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
I just got back from the Spectrum to pick up my seats! It was a very surreal experience as I drove my SUV down the tunnel onto the Spectrum floor! I did a lap of what was the ice surface.

I would say that a quarter of the seats have been removed, but the rest of the inside of the seating area is still intact. I have no idea of what the concourse looks like.

From what they were telling me, no demolition date has been set yet, but most likely it will sometime in February or March. Basically everything that is in the arena, including the scoreboard, will be available for purchase. Many items will go up for auction in January. The last items to go will be the actual bricks of the Spectrum.
I'll buy seats or something when they go up for auction. They will have to be cheaper then.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 02:21 PM
  #18
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Even if I had money to blow why would I get this ****?

Seriously, I would not take it if it was free.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 02:31 PM
  #19
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Will do, although it may be quite some time. While I have the funds for the seats, boards and other items, I may not have the funds to install until a few months later.
I know a great contractor for that job.


<----------------

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 02:55 PM
  #20
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Even if I had money to blow why would I get this ****?

Seriously, I would not take it if it was free.
As they say, one man's garbage is another man's treasure.

Personally I have a lot of fond memories of that building, specifically with the 2 seats that I purchased. Add a section of boards, a customized jersey case with a Phantoms game-worn jersey that has sentimental value, and some photos and I'm quite happy that I am able to physically re-create the memory in my home.

I hope that answers your question of why someone would get this ****, as you eloquently put it.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 03:34 PM
  #21
zbryne
Registered User
 
zbryne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to zbryne
Friend paid $800 for a signed seat from the buffalo memorial auditorium autographed by her husbands fav player. If they had people who played in the spectrum sign them they could prob get more for them.

zbryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 06:54 PM
  #22
pelts35.com
Registered User
 
pelts35.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 11,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbryne View Post
Friend paid $800 for a signed seat from the buffalo memorial auditorium autographed by her husbands fav player. If they had people who played in the spectrum sign them they could prob get more for them.
I can only speak for myself, but a signed seat would be less desireable to me.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 02:48 PM
  #23
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
I can only speak for myself, but a signed seat would be less desireable to me.
Agreed, seats were made for sitting, not signing...

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 04:11 PM
  #24
Orange Crush 89
Registered User
 
Orange Crush 89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 755
vCash: 500
I'm probably in the minority here but I think things like this are stupid. It's a seat. From a building. Whoopty doo.

Orange Crush 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 05:11 PM
  #25
flountown
Registered User
 
flountown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 View Post
I'm probably in the minority here but I think things like this are stupid. It's a seat. From a building. Whoopty doo.
But that building happens to be America's showplace. More profitable than MSG...

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.