HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, NHL revenues, relocation and expansion.

Treasure Trove of NBA Attendance Data for Comparison Purposes (Down 7.4%)

Old
12-15-2009, 12:56 AM
Alan Jackson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
If we want that simple, leisurely game, we need to move from NHL Hockey to Juniors and NCAA Hockey. I can go see the #1 ranked NCAA D1 hockey team for $20 per game for any seat I want, and no one demands a sellout or laughs at the fans if the arena isn't sold out.
$20 is a lot more than you have to spend to get into an NHL game in a few markets.

Alan Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 01:29 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Jackson View Post
$20 is a lot more than you have to spend to get into an NHL game in a few markets.
Yes, you can buy a seat for less than $20 in many markets. At Miami U, Bowling Green, or Ohio State, you could get glass level seats for that. Many American teams, like Detroit offer some student deals for under $20 per ticket. I know you are referring to some Southern teams, but I think you'll find there were a few promotions that let fans buy lower bowl seats for $25-$30. The only one that comes to mind really, was Phoenix's opening night. That was an unusual situation, but once again Fugu was lamenting the loss of sporting events as leisure. Criticizing teams for not selling out, and not gaining the magic numbers in revenue is exactly what was under discussion.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote