HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roberto Luongo

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2004, 07:03 AM
free0717

vCash: 500
Roberto Luongo

I heard on another board that Roberto Luongo wants to hold out unless Florida gives him mor $$$$$ and an extension.

Does any one think Rangers can go out and get this player????

Old
04-17-2004, 07:30 AM
schmittkov

Luongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717
I heard on another board that Roberto Luongo wants to hold out unless Florida gives him mor $$$$$ and an extension.

Does any one think Rangers can go out and get this player????
I hope that he sits out of hockey until he plays the final year of his contract. I am tired of these players crying about how much they are worth. The guy will make $2 million next year. Poor Roberto.

He wants to be the highest paid goalie in the league, like Brodeur, Belfour, Hasek, Joseph? Maybe he should win a playoff round or two, hell, even get his team into the playoffs first.

He is a great young goaltender, probably will be the best in the league soon. But he has won as many rounds of the nhl playoffs as Jason Labarbera has?

Having said that, I would love to see him on the Rangers, but I think he would cost too much. And I wasn't comparing Luongo to Labarbera either.

Old
04-17-2004, 07:45 AM
Fletch

Yeah, really..

he's about 25 years old and will have a looong NHL career. He'll get his, that's for sure.

Further, I'm not sure the Rangers have what it takes, or could afford to pay what it'll take, to acquire Luongo.

Old
04-18-2004, 09:31 AM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmittkov
I hope that he sits out of hockey until he plays the final year of his contract. I am tired of these players crying about how much they are worth. The guy will make $2 million next year. Poor Roberto.

He wants to be the highest paid goalie in the league, like Brodeur, Belfour, Hasek, Joseph? Maybe he should win a playoff round or two, hell, even get his team into the playoffs first.

He is a great young goaltender, probably will be the best in the league soon. But he has won as many rounds of the nhl playoffs as Jason Labarbera has?

Having said that, I would love to see him on the Rangers, but I think he would cost too much. And I wasn't comparing Luongo to Labarbera either.
i make 60 grand a year doing construction breaking my back , the kid should be happy getting 2 mill to play a sport he loves ... stop whining

Old
04-18-2004, 09:51 AM
charliemurphy

Rangers have what it takes to sign him.
I would love to see him as a Ranger if he doesn't mind the Rangers' scenario.

Old
04-18-2004, 10:10 AM
in the hall

i think under normal circumstances he if he holds out, florida will just sit back and wait, young players get impatient re: havlat, gaborik, stuart

but this is dudly we are talking about so it's very possible he gets traded for a plethora of youth given his never ending rebuilding cycle

he would cost a heck of a lot through trade if he even gets traded but he is one guy that is worth it, in fact i think i would give up more for him then anyone else in the league because he can carry a team and win games on his own

Old
04-18-2004, 10:17 AM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 50
Got any 6'5 Russians who can skate? Doesn't matter if their that talented, just aslong as they can skate.

Closed Thread