HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 32 | Detroit Red Wings @ Nashville Predators | 8:00 PM EST | FS-D+ |

Old
12-12-2009, 09:33 PM
hexrae

vCash: 500
Bertuzzi!

hexrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:33 PM
14ari13

Bertuzzi again with 2 goals and the GWG.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:34 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Playing like the man wants to stay in Detroit after this year. Hey, sometimes it takes a few months to get going but god damn... can you say clutch in december?

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:35 PM
caseygraves
Don Cherry apologist

vCash: 234
the Nashville announcer was saying Zetterberg on that play, instead of Bertuzzi. worst announcers in the whole NHL!!!!

caseygraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
theYman
Backboard #8 realgud

I was downstairs and heard the stream. Bert again in GW in OT? I could get used to this. Well not going into OT but Bert actually scoring. Way to go Big Bert!!!

theYman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SoupGuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
He's just a dumbass. He makes stupid ass plays. He just sucks. Good skater, fast but below average hockey sense. Just a dumbass with the puck and it bothers me.
See, I see that completely opposite. I think he's really smart with the puck in his own zone. Simple plays, never tries to force it, will eat it on the boards rather than a bad pass through the middle, chips it off the glass... smart, simple plays. Compared to Ericsson, he's a genius in his own zone.

Offensively, yes, Lebda sucks. But I don't think it's fair to ask him to score goals left and right. As long as he's preventing people from scoring, he's doing his job just fine enough for me.

SoupGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:36 PM
14ari13

It was a great play by Datsyuk 1st to steal the puck and then a gorgeous pass to Bertuzzi.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
theYman
Backboard #8 realgud

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseygraves View Post
the Nashville announcer was saying Zetterberg on that play, instead of Bertuzzi. worst announcers in the whole NHL!!!!
That's what I heard from these retards but ended up being Bert. well 4-4 looks like 4-0

Old
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

Quote:
No they're not the worst. They corrected themselves VERY quickly. Don't make up stuff like that.

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Marky9er

I think Lebda and Ericsson have been pretty decent lately, thats a pretty huge boost to the team. Now more than ever.

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:40 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Some thoughts:
* Bertuzzi is starting to look dangerous. He looked good for about 10 games, but had no luck. Then he looked just terrible for about 10 or 12 games. But he's been a man on a mission lately. If we can keep him going, and D&Z healthy, this team could look dangerous when Franzen and Flip return.
* Stupid penalty by Maltby in the third period, when he knows his job is on the line each game.
* Datsyuk with some life tonight. A little of the spark to which we're accustomed.
* Osgood was brutal on the second goal, but was otherwise solid. Also, that line change on that goal, and the botched coverage, was pretty ugly. Seems like Zetterberg gets caught taking shifts that are way too long.
* There's a lot to like about Darren Helm. At the same time, we're going to be *****ing about his lack of puck skill for the next 10 to 15 years.
* Abdelkader has done a nice job in a bigger role, but powerplay time is asking too much.
* It hurts watching Datsyuk play on a line with Holmstrom and Leino. My god. What a waste.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:41 PM
GuloGulo

Hahahahahaa Bertuzzi on a ROLL! Great to win. Gotta keep in touch with the top-8 of the conference. Can't let them gain on us.

GuloGulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:41 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
They blew the call. But otherwise, I thought they did a pretty good job. It beats listening to a 140-minute Ken Daniels suck job.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:42 PM
zetterberg40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
See, I see that completely opposite. I think he's really smart with the puck in his own zone. Simple plays, never tries to force it, will eat it on the boards rather than a bad pass through the middle, chips it off the glass... smart, simple plays. Compared to Ericsson, he's a genius in his own zone.

Offensively, yes, Lebda sucks. But I don't think it's fair to ask him to score goals left and right. As long as he's preventing people from scoring, he's doing his job just fine enough for me.
I was never talking about his own zone. He's OK in his own zone but how rarely is he ever out there against people who aren't 4th liners or 3rd liners? Maybe an odd shift here and there. Once he crosses the red line, he's an idiot.

Ericsson is raw, remember that. He might be better now in his own zone but Ericsson atleast has potential. Lebda, no. He's like Dandenault, just utterly worthless. You cant play him on the PK, cant throw him on the PP. He's a worthless player who's just average but his speed and skating somehow makes him an NHL player. Sadly enough.

Old
12-12-2009, 09:43 PM
zetterberg40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Some thoughts:
* Bertuzzi is starting to look dangerous. He looked good for about 10 games, but had no luck. Then he looked just terrible for about 10 or 12 games. But he's been a man on a mission lately. If we can keep him going, and D&Z healthy, this team could look dangerous when Franzen and Flip return.
* Stupid penalty by Maltby in the third period, when he knows his job is on the line each game.
* Datsyuk with some life tonight. A little of the spark to which we're accustomed.
* Osgood was brutal on the second goal, but was otherwise solid. Also, that line change on that goal, and the botched coverage, was pretty ugly. Seems like Zetterberg gets caught taking shifts that are way too long.
* There's a lot to like about Darren Helm. At the same time, we're going to be *****ing about his lack of puck skill for the next 10 to 15 years.
* Abdelkader has done a nice job in a bigger role, but powerplay time is asking too much.
* It hurts watching Datsyuk play on a line with Holmstrom and Leino. My god. What a waste.
Well, the PK is finally going now too so once we get healthy and get Kronner and Fil back.. we might not be too bad.

Hey, btw, miller had 2 pts tonight and honestly is a DAMN GOOD role player on this team. Damn good. He's better then Maltby thats for damn sure.

Old
12-12-2009, 09:44 PM
theYman
Backboard #8 realgud

Is Bert starting to look like his old Vancouver self a bit??

Old
12-12-2009, 09:47 PM
SoupGuru

Quote:
I was never talking about his own zone. He's OK in his own zone but how rarely is he ever out there against people who aren't 4th liners or 3rd liners? Maybe an odd shift here and there. Once he crosses the red line, he's an idiot.

Ericsson is raw, remember that. He might be better now in his own zone but Ericsson atleast has potential. Lebda, no. He's like Dandenault, just utterly worthless. You cant play him on the PK, cant throw him on the PP. He's a worthless player who's just average but his speed and skating somehow makes him an NHL player. Sadly enough.
You call him utterly worthless but you admit he's decent in his own zone. Are you asking him to be Lidstrom? Do you expect all defensemen to be awesome in the offensive portion of the game? I have a hard time understanding what you expect from a 5th or 6th defenseman.

Old
12-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Gavin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by theYman View Post
Is Bert starting to look like his old Vancouver self a bit??
He sure is looking like a clutch power forward!
Way to go Bert, Keep it up.

Gavin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:50 PM
zetterberg40

Quote:
You call him utterly worthless but you admit he's decent in his own zone. Are you asking him to be Lidstrom? Do you expect all defensemen to be awesome in the offensive portion of the game? I have a hard time understanding what you expect from a 5th or 6th defenseman.
Decent but that isnt anything to brag about.

No, I dont want him to become the next Lidstrom. But atleast be a serviceable 5-6th guy who can play more then one situation. Atleast Lilja could play the PK. You mean to tell me you would perfer Lebda or Lilja?

Please, dont put words in my mouth, its lame.

If you enjoy having a defenseman who is only good 5 on 5 thats fine. But I personally perfer what we used to have with Lilja as a 6th defenseman on this team because he can atleast play the PK.

Old
12-12-2009, 09:51 PM
redwings85
In Ozzie I trust.

overall i think bert has been playing really good for the team, an just couldnt cap on chances on most nights i think he is the best player on the ice... and its really good its finally paying off for him lets hope it stays this way.

redwings85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:58 PM
SoupGuru

Quote:
Decent but that isnt anything to brag about.

No, I dont want him to become the next Lidstrom. But atleast be a serviceable 5-6th guy who can play more then one situation. Atleast Lilja could play the PK. You mean to tell me you would perfer Lebda or Lilja?

Please, dont put words in my mouth, its lame.

If you enjoy having a defenseman who is only good 5 on 5 thats fine. But I personally perfer what we used to have with Lilja as a 6th defenseman on this team because he can atleast play the PK.
No, I agree with you. I'd love to have 6 capable defensemen that can play in all situations. Who wouldn't?

Old
12-12-2009, 09:59 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerooooose View Post
if we loose to a team that plays "cotton-eye joe" during the entire intermission, i'm going to be very pissed.

Nice win Detroit. Hurts for us to lose on home ice, but it was a pretty good game. Bertuzzi was really taking it to us.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Filppula
Jurks

Quote:
No, I agree with you. I'd love to have 6 capable defensemen that can play in all situations. Who wouldn't?
Next season we'll have Kindl who is playing very good hockey for GR.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Marky9er

.943 sv% for Ozzy tonight, good to get him going. Coulda been better, too. One freak line change and he seemed to stumble a bit on the second chance. Pretty decent considering he has been on the shelf for so long.

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 10:36 PM
detredWINgs

Wasn't home to see the game, but good to see up put up 3 goals two nights in a row, even if it took extra time in both cases.

Good to see Ozzie keep the Preds to 2 goals. I see he let a bad one in, but Howie did the same thing last night. If those two guys let in 1 softie out of 2 goals, I'm fine with that.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote