HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 32 | Detroit Red Wings @ Nashville Predators | 8:00 PM EST | FS-D+ |

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-12-2009, 09:33 PM
  #101
hexrae
Registered User
 
hexrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Peg City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,515
vCash: 500
Bertuzzi!

hexrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:33 PM
  #102
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Sahara
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,140
vCash: 500
Bertuzzi again with 2 goals and the GWG.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:34 PM
  #103
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,208
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Playing like the man wants to stay in Detroit after this year. Hey, sometimes it takes a few months to get going but god damn... can you say clutch in december?

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:35 PM
  #104
caseygraves
Don Cherry apologist
 
caseygraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Jackson Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 2,443
vCash: 234
the Nashville announcer was saying Zetterberg on that play, instead of Bertuzzi. worst announcers in the whole NHL!!!!

caseygraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:35 PM
  #105
theYman
Backboard #8 realgud
 
theYman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indagloryhole
Country: United States
Posts: 10,042
vCash: 500
I was downstairs and heard the stream. Bert again in GW in OT? I could get used to this. Well not going into OT but Bert actually scoring. Way to go Big Bert!!!

theYman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:35 PM
  #106
SoupGuru
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Country: United States
Posts: 10,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
He's just a dumbass. He makes stupid ass plays. He just sucks. Good skater, fast but below average hockey sense. Just a dumbass with the puck and it bothers me.
See, I see that completely opposite. I think he's really smart with the puck in his own zone. Simple plays, never tries to force it, will eat it on the boards rather than a bad pass through the middle, chips it off the glass... smart, simple plays. Compared to Ericsson, he's a genius in his own zone.

Offensively, yes, Lebda sucks. But I don't think it's fair to ask him to score goals left and right. As long as he's preventing people from scoring, he's doing his job just fine enough for me.

SoupGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:36 PM
  #107
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Sahara
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,140
vCash: 500
It was a great play by Datsyuk 1st to steal the puck and then a gorgeous pass to Bertuzzi.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:36 PM
  #108
theYman
Backboard #8 realgud
 
theYman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indagloryhole
Country: United States
Posts: 10,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseygraves View Post
the Nashville announcer was saying Zetterberg on that play, instead of Bertuzzi. worst announcers in the whole NHL!!!!
That's what I heard from these retards but ended up being Bert. well 4-4 looks like 4-0

theYman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:36 PM
  #109
GT500x
Im OK where we're at
 
GT500x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: My comfort zone
Country: United States
Posts: 2,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseygraves View Post
the Nashville announcer was saying Zetterberg on that play, instead of Bertuzzi. worst announcers in the whole NHL!!!!
No they're not the worst. They corrected themselves VERY quickly. Don't make up stuff like that.

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:38 PM
  #110
Marky9er
Registered User
 
Marky9er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Dominica
Posts: 5,363
vCash: 500
I think Lebda and Ericsson have been pretty decent lately, thats a pretty huge boost to the team. Now more than ever.

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:40 PM
  #111
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Some thoughts:
* Bertuzzi is starting to look dangerous. He looked good for about 10 games, but had no luck. Then he looked just terrible for about 10 or 12 games. But he's been a man on a mission lately. If we can keep him going, and D&Z healthy, this team could look dangerous when Franzen and Flip return.
* Stupid penalty by Maltby in the third period, when he knows his job is on the line each game.
* Datsyuk with some life tonight. A little of the spark to which we're accustomed.
* Osgood was brutal on the second goal, but was otherwise solid. Also, that line change on that goal, and the botched coverage, was pretty ugly. Seems like Zetterberg gets caught taking shifts that are way too long.
* There's a lot to like about Darren Helm. At the same time, we're going to be *****ing about his lack of puck skill for the next 10 to 15 years.
* Abdelkader has done a nice job in a bigger role, but powerplay time is asking too much.
* It hurts watching Datsyuk play on a line with Holmstrom and Leino. My god. What a waste.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:41 PM
  #112
GuloGulo
Registered User
 
GuloGulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: trunkofacamaro
Country: Bahrain
Posts: 3,713
vCash: 500
Hahahahahaa Bertuzzi on a ROLL! Great to win. Gotta keep in touch with the top-8 of the conference. Can't let them gain on us.

GuloGulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:41 PM
  #113
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseygraves View Post
the Nashville announcer was saying Zetterberg on that play, instead of Bertuzzi. worst announcers in the whole NHL!!!!
They blew the call. But otherwise, I thought they did a pretty good job. It beats listening to a 140-minute Ken Daniels suck job.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:42 PM
  #114
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,208
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
See, I see that completely opposite. I think he's really smart with the puck in his own zone. Simple plays, never tries to force it, will eat it on the boards rather than a bad pass through the middle, chips it off the glass... smart, simple plays. Compared to Ericsson, he's a genius in his own zone.

Offensively, yes, Lebda sucks. But I don't think it's fair to ask him to score goals left and right. As long as he's preventing people from scoring, he's doing his job just fine enough for me.
I was never talking about his own zone. He's OK in his own zone but how rarely is he ever out there against people who aren't 4th liners or 3rd liners? Maybe an odd shift here and there. Once he crosses the red line, he's an idiot.

Ericsson is raw, remember that. He might be better now in his own zone but Ericsson atleast has potential. Lebda, no. He's like Dandenault, just utterly worthless. You cant play him on the PK, cant throw him on the PP. He's a worthless player who's just average but his speed and skating somehow makes him an NHL player. Sadly enough.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:43 PM
  #115
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,208
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Some thoughts:
* Bertuzzi is starting to look dangerous. He looked good for about 10 games, but had no luck. Then he looked just terrible for about 10 or 12 games. But he's been a man on a mission lately. If we can keep him going, and D&Z healthy, this team could look dangerous when Franzen and Flip return.
* Stupid penalty by Maltby in the third period, when he knows his job is on the line each game.
* Datsyuk with some life tonight. A little of the spark to which we're accustomed.
* Osgood was brutal on the second goal, but was otherwise solid. Also, that line change on that goal, and the botched coverage, was pretty ugly. Seems like Zetterberg gets caught taking shifts that are way too long.
* There's a lot to like about Darren Helm. At the same time, we're going to be *****ing about his lack of puck skill for the next 10 to 15 years.
* Abdelkader has done a nice job in a bigger role, but powerplay time is asking too much.
* It hurts watching Datsyuk play on a line with Holmstrom and Leino. My god. What a waste.
Well, the PK is finally going now too so once we get healthy and get Kronner and Fil back.. we might not be too bad.

Hey, btw, miller had 2 pts tonight and honestly is a DAMN GOOD role player on this team. Damn good. He's better then Maltby thats for damn sure.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:44 PM
  #116
theYman
Backboard #8 realgud
 
theYman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indagloryhole
Country: United States
Posts: 10,042
vCash: 500
Is Bert starting to look like his old Vancouver self a bit??

theYman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:47 PM
  #117
SoupGuru
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Country: United States
Posts: 10,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
I was never talking about his own zone. He's OK in his own zone but how rarely is he ever out there against people who aren't 4th liners or 3rd liners? Maybe an odd shift here and there. Once he crosses the red line, he's an idiot.

Ericsson is raw, remember that. He might be better now in his own zone but Ericsson atleast has potential. Lebda, no. He's like Dandenault, just utterly worthless. You cant play him on the PK, cant throw him on the PP. He's a worthless player who's just average but his speed and skating somehow makes him an NHL player. Sadly enough.
You call him utterly worthless but you admit he's decent in his own zone. Are you asking him to be Lidstrom? Do you expect all defensemen to be awesome in the offensive portion of the game? I have a hard time understanding what you expect from a 5th or 6th defenseman.

SoupGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:48 PM
  #118
Gavin24
Registered User
 
Gavin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theYman View Post
Is Bert starting to look like his old Vancouver self a bit??
He sure is looking like a clutch power forward!
Way to go Bert, Keep it up.

Gavin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:50 PM
  #119
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,208
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
You call him utterly worthless but you admit he's decent in his own zone. Are you asking him to be Lidstrom? Do you expect all defensemen to be awesome in the offensive portion of the game? I have a hard time understanding what you expect from a 5th or 6th defenseman.
Decent but that isnt anything to brag about.

No, I dont want him to become the next Lidstrom. But atleast be a serviceable 5-6th guy who can play more then one situation. Atleast Lilja could play the PK. You mean to tell me you would perfer Lebda or Lilja?

Please, dont put words in my mouth, its lame.

If you enjoy having a defenseman who is only good 5 on 5 thats fine. But I personally perfer what we used to have with Lilja as a 6th defenseman on this team because he can atleast play the PK.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:51 PM
  #120
redwings85
In Ozzie I trust.
 
redwings85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: America's Hat.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,958
vCash: 500
overall i think bert has been playing really good for the team, an just couldnt cap on chances on most nights i think he is the best player on the ice... and its really good its finally paying off for him lets hope it stays this way.

redwings85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:58 PM
  #121
SoupGuru
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Country: United States
Posts: 10,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Decent but that isnt anything to brag about.

No, I dont want him to become the next Lidstrom. But atleast be a serviceable 5-6th guy who can play more then one situation. Atleast Lilja could play the PK. You mean to tell me you would perfer Lebda or Lilja?

Please, dont put words in my mouth, its lame.

If you enjoy having a defenseman who is only good 5 on 5 thats fine. But I personally perfer what we used to have with Lilja as a 6th defenseman on this team because he can atleast play the PK.
No, I agree with you. I'd love to have 6 capable defensemen that can play in all situations. Who wouldn't?

SoupGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 09:59 PM
  #122
OpenWheel
Registered User
 
OpenWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Keweenaw Peninsula
Country: United States
Posts: 1,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerooooose View Post
if we loose to a team that plays "cotton-eye joe" during the entire intermission, i'm going to be very pissed.


Nice win Detroit. Hurts for us to lose on home ice, but it was a pretty good game. Bertuzzi was really taking it to us.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 10:02 PM
  #123
Filppula
Jurks
 
Filppula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupGuru View Post
No, I agree with you. I'd love to have 6 capable defensemen that can play in all situations. Who wouldn't?
Next season we'll have Kindl who is playing very good hockey for GR.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 10:09 PM
  #124
Marky9er
Registered User
 
Marky9er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Dominica
Posts: 5,363
vCash: 500
.943 sv% for Ozzy tonight, good to get him going. Coulda been better, too. One freak line change and he seemed to stumble a bit on the second chance. Pretty decent considering he has been on the shelf for so long.

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2009, 10:36 PM
  #125
detredWINgs
Registered User
 
detredWINgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,225
vCash: 500
Wasn't home to see the game, but good to see up put up 3 goals two nights in a row, even if it took extra time in both cases.

Good to see Ozzie keep the Preds to 2 goals. I see he let a bad one in, but Howie did the same thing last night. If those two guys let in 1 softie out of 2 goals, I'm fine with that.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.