HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 32 | Detroit Red Wings @ Nashville Predators | 8:00 PM EST | FS-D+ |

Old
12-12-2009, 10:52 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500x View Post
No they're not the worst. They corrected themselves VERY quickly. Don't make up stuff like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
They blew the call. But otherwise, I thought they did a pretty good job. It beats listening to a 140-minute Ken Daniels suck job.
I live outside the FSDetroit area so I have Center Ice. I have had to watch a lot of opposing broadcasters over the years. Most of them are pretty bad. Colorado, St. Louis, and Columbus stand out as being really bad.

But Nashville is the worst. Crisp sounds like a complete idiot, which is hard to believe since he's a Cup winner as a coach.

Actually now I'm remembering watching that St. Louis game last week. Their announcer ends every sentence with an up inflection like Brian's girlfriend on Family Guy, even when there is nothing interesting going on at all. It's maddening.

So I'd say it's a tie between St. Louis and Nashville for worst broadcasters.

Having watched just about all of the announcing teams around the league, Ken and Mick are pretty good.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 12:00 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
As a Preds fan I'm not terribly impressed with the duo of Weber and Crisp in the booth. Weber is a very knowledgeable sports fan, but that usually ends up meaning he goes on long, rambling spiels about something completely unrelated to the game, and often unrelated to hockey. When I have to listen to them on the radio broadcasts I'm lucky to know what's happening on the ice for two straight minutes of game time without some silly conversation taking place.

With that said, Columbus still has the worst announcing crew in the entire league.

Didn't see the game, but from what I've heard/read it seems like yet another incredibly competitive match up between the two clubs.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 01:23 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
I live outside the FSDetroit area so I have Center Ice. I have had to watch a lot of opposing broadcasters over the years. Most of them are pretty bad. Colorado, St. Louis, and Columbus stand out as being really bad.

But Nashville is the worst. Crisp sounds like a complete idiot, which is hard to believe since he's a Cup winner as a coach.

Actually now I'm remembering watching that St. Louis game last week. Their announcer ends every sentence with an up inflection like Brian's girlfriend on Family Guy, even when there is nothing interesting going on at all. It's maddening.

Having watched just about all of the announcing teams around the league, Ken and Mick are pretty good.
Mick is terrific. Ken sucks (gives more opinions than the color commentator, and has an awfully shrill "goal" call). Murphy is intolerably bad. Offers no insight. Delivery is almost always uncomfortable with the strangest habit of selecting the worst possible word to emphasize.

And Pavel Datsyuk makes dekes around THE Nashville defenseman once AGAIN/

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 02:05 AM
dtones520

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500x View Post
No they're not the worst. They corrected themselves VERY quickly. Don't make up stuff like that.
I hope your being sarcastic. It took them 4 times of saying Zetterberg and nearly to the replays before they realized it was Bertuzzi.

dtones520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 02:12 AM
Kiddington
heehats

Couple of things;

First of all, it'll have to take more than a two-game effort to make me a believer in Todd Bertuzzi... but this is a start. If the other big guns aren't going to come and play, we need somebody else to do so.

On that note, I feel so bad for Datsyuk. I honestly can't understand why Babcock feels he and Holmstrom are nearly inseparable. Given the fact that Holmstrom leads this team in goals, I can't complain about him too much, but he's just not a suitable winger for Datsyuk.

Also... I'm impressed with both Eaves and Miller. Both of these guys are turning out to be solid, underrated pick-ups. Hopefully, when the injured guys come back, these two find a way to stay in the lineup. Both are chipping in with occasional offense, and, even more importantly, are pretty solid on the PK.

Overall, this was an important win (though, somehow, we're still out of the playoffs). Even through all this struggle, we've still managed to keep pace with Chicago (only 4 points back). If this team could ever get healthy, I'd say we have a real shot at another division win, and deep playoff run.

Quote:

Do you have DirecTV, by any chance?

If you do, and don't like listening to the opposing teams broadcasts, get the regional sports package they offer. It's a little extra money, but well worth it, since you can watch the FS Detroit feed basically any time you want (as well as the entire channel itself, with the exception of MLB/NBA games, if you don't have those respective sports packages). I moved out of Michigan about two years ago, and after a month or so during the 07-08 season, I was pretty sick of some of these other feeds (especially Columbus... **** Jeff Rimer).

Kiddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 07:15 AM
Flowah
#FireHolland

I mean, who would you put with Datsyuk? I kinda feel like Holmstrom can at least put the puck in the net when given the opportunity. A lot of the guys on our team right now don't have a whole bunch of finish. Now if Franzen were back, okay, sure. But right now, the goals are thin and I think keeping the guy with the most goals with the guy who makes ridiculous passes is an okay idea.

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 08:01 AM
14ari13

Quote:

They have to, that Murray hockey is so terrible boring, they have to make it exciting.
As for the Preds announcers, they used to be terrible, but they have become better.

Anyhow, player of the game Tuzzi, followed by Datsyuk.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 11:57 AM
GT500x
Im OK where we're at

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtones520 View Post
I hope your being sarcastic. It took them 4 times of saying Zetterberg and nearly to the replays before they realized it was Bertuzzi.
I'm not about to get into a cat fight over something that small. I'm sorry if the initial mistake those two made was not corrected fast enough to please you.

Don't take it personal.

GT500x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 01:43 PM
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!

Good performance by Osgood; I think, I only saw the highlights and a (another) 2 goal effort by Bertuzzi, hopefully he keeps it up

TOPGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 03:31 PM
Flowah
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPGUN View Post
Good performance by Osgood; I think, I only saw the highlights and a (another) 2 goal effort by Bertuzzi, hopefully he keeps it up
Ozzie definitely looked good. I never thought he looked all that bad this year, save maybe a couple starts. Honestly, the problem is the offense. Last year the offensive production was able to overpower any goalie problems. Really not the case this year.

Bert also has had so many chances. For what seemed like 10 games he would have such priiiime chances that refused to go in. To me they seemed like bad bounces. Maybe things are finally going his way?

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote