HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jason Spezza

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2004, 02:24 PM
free0717

vCash: 500
Jason Spezza

I heard Jason Spezza is not happy in Ottawa. How about our 1st draft pick for Spezza. Other than Ovechkin, there is not another pick in this draft with as much upside as Jason Spezza

Old
04-16-2004, 02:33 PM
NYR469

ottawa isn't going to trade him...

Old
04-16-2004, 02:35 PM
Fletch

If there's no other pick...

with as much upside as Spezza, why would Ottawa trade him for something inferior? I'm sure if they were to trade Spezza, the Rangers would not pony-up the asking price.

Old
04-16-2004, 02:42 PM
Barnaby

I would be SHOCKED if he was traded.... especially when Toronto beats them, and Martin is fired.

If they ever did trade him I would find a way to make it happen.

Old
04-16-2004, 02:47 PM
charliemurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717
I heard Jason Spezza is not happy in Ottawa. How about our 1st draft pick for Spezza. Other than Ovechkin, there is not another pick in this draft with as much upside as Jason Spezza
I don't know about his situation.
What does unhappy mean?
IMO...The NHL is going to go through some changes with a new CBA in place. I'm not sure how the new CBA will influence trades, UFA's, FA's, Luxury Tax vs. Hard Salary Cap. So, regarding Spezza and his value... The contracts on Holik, Jagr, and Kasparaitis are choking the Rangers. The next two drafts are very important for the Rangers.

Old
04-16-2004, 02:51 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Isn't this the thrid thread this week that's almost exactly like one from a week or so ago?

Old
04-16-2004, 03:00 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker
Isn't this the thrid thread this week that's almost exactly like one from a week or so ago?

Yes. Funny how message boards work that way.

Old
04-17-2004, 09:19 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
It just seems like there's been a rash of identical threads lately. In the posting free-for-all after the trade deadline (when I myself joined), there didn't seem to be that many repetitve threads, and stuff was scrollingoff the pages fairly quickly.

There have been several new posters in the past week all of whom seem to have brought up toics that were sort of dead, and it makes me wonder if there isn't some trolling going on.

Old
04-17-2004, 09:49 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I don't see it happening. But if I was Sather, I would certainly explore it.

04-18-2004, 09:28 AM
Kubera55

I'm not going to comment on the possible trade for Spezza, simply because I can't imagine what the parameters would be. (Lundmark, the Rangers 1st, and? Who knows. At some point it's just silly).

However, for all you Jacques Martin fans out there, I would use the Spezza story as a cautionary tale. There are rumors flying that if Ottawa fails to beat the Leafs, Martin will be fired. And more than a few Ranger fans are interested in bringing Martin, the TrapMaster, to MSG.

But the reason Spezza's mad is because he's been a healthy scratch (often) and is getting fourth line minutes.

If the dazzlingly talented young Spezza can't get minutes for Martin, how on earth is he going to shepard a rebuilding plan in New York? The Rangers don't have a single player who can match Spezza's talent, and are unlikely to get one even if they hold onto No.6 overall. If Martin isn't interested in mentoring a kid-super-star . . . what's he going to do with the Josef Balej's and Karel Rachunek's (who he already hates) on the Rangers?

Yuck.

Old
04-18-2004, 09:36 AM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
ottawa isn't going to trade him...
i agree 100% he was not happy because he was a healthy scratch in the playoffs a couple games.. ottawa wont lose himm if they do they are retarded

Old
04-18-2004, 09:42 AM
Bobby Orr's Knees

Spezza is a tremendous talent. TREMENDOUS. But something is not cooking right in Ottawa. Spezza had a tendency to pout in juniors; his problems with coaches and his trade demands are well documented. It makes me wonder just a little bit about his personality... But I don't wonder about his ability. There is no way Ottawa would even consider trading him.

Old
04-18-2004, 10:14 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Orr's Knees
Spezza is a tremendous talent. TREMENDOUS. But something is not cooking right in Ottawa. Spezza had a tendency to pout in juniors; his problems with coaches and his trade demands are well documented. It makes me wonder just a little bit about his personality... But I don't wonder about his ability. There is no way Ottawa would even consider trading him.
lets not fabricate things

hes never had problems with his coaches in juniors and his "trade demands", please, he was on one of the worst ever teams, think about it, he is the top chl prospect for about 2 years and is coming into his draft year, is he going to want to play for the worst team with a head case running it?

robbie shremp, pat o'sullivan, jason spezza

funny each get branded as having bad attitudes for wanting to leave that dump

Old
04-18-2004, 08:04 PM
vbox81

And yet ANOTHER healthy scratch..... I hope he demands his trade publicly.

Old
04-18-2004, 09:30 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
If this is the case, you'd try to make it happen. Not like Lundmark has that kinda value anymore, but if something along the lines of him, our first and something else could land him, you do it. Think they'd like Poti?....

Then you sign Umberger

And then you do alittle jig :gman:

Old
04-18-2004, 11:23 PM
newf

the way this team is going, if there is one player in the NHL that i'd want on the rangers, it'd be spezza. and while i don't think its likely, don't give me "there's no chance it'd ever happen". there are about 5 truly untradeable players in the nhl, and spezza isn't one. even if he's happy there, and the team loves him, which its obvious isn't the case, he could still be gotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo Fan
If this is the case, you'd try to make it happen. Not like Lundmark has that kinda value anymore, but if something along the lines of him, our first and something else could land him, you do it. Think they'd like Poti?....

Then you sign Umberger

And then you do alittle jig :gman:

Old
04-18-2004, 11:35 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by newf
the way this team is going, if there is one player in the NHL that i'd want on the rangers, it'd be spezza. and while i don't think its likely, don't give me "there's no chance it'd ever happen". there are about 5 truly untradeable players in the nhl, and spezza isn't one. even if he's happy there, and the team loves him, which its obvious isn't the case, he could still be gotten.
Like I said, I don't know if he is available or not. But you gotta try. And I think the Rangers actually have some pieces to get a deal done.

Old
04-19-2004, 11:35 AM
Dgrohl8

If I was The Rangers I would Trade Poti,Lundmark, and late 1st round pick and even a 2nd to get Spezza because everyone knows what he is gonna be and he can be a top 5 player in league

Old
04-19-2004, 06:56 PM
skunk

vCash:
I love how people here say we couldn't get Spezza. I wonder if they were the same people who said we wouldn't get anything for Nedved, Kovalev and Malakhov.

Bottom line is that Ottawa has a lousy farm system now. Please don't buy into the hype of HF that it is anything but lousy. They have way too many soft players on their roster and in the system and as you can see by their playoff series against physical teams they have to change this

What Ottawa really needs is Holik. The second thing they really need is for us to pay most of his salary. If we send Holik there along with Lundmark and Toronto's first rounder they might do it

Time is running out for Ottawa. While they are not an old team they have lots of players that are coming up on big pay days. If they think Alfreddson cost a lot wait till Chara, Redden and Hossa want more money.

Old
04-19-2004, 06:59 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk
I love how people here say we couldn't get Spezza. I wonder if they were the same people who said we wouldn't get anything for Nedved, Kovalev and Malakhov
that is comparing apples and oranges

Old
04-21-2004, 09:52 PM
charliemurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgrohl8
If I was The Rangers I would Trade Poti,Lundmark, and late 1st round pick and even a 2nd to get Spezza because everyone knows what he is gonna be and he can be a top 5 player in league
I agree. Spezza could play a big part for the future.
Maybe Lundmark/Poti/and 2-2nd round picks. This draft is a bit thin.
I'm wondering if and how Umberger would fit in. If he gets signed. Speeza centering a line with Umberger centering another line would be great.

Old
04-21-2004, 10:25 PM
newf

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemurphy
I agree. Spezza could play a big part for the future.
Maybe Lundmark/Poti/and 2-2nd round picks. This draft is a bit thin.
I'm wondering if and how Umberger would fit in. If he gets signed. Speeza centering a line with Umberger centering another line would be great.

if we think we're possibly going to get spezza, we at least have to be realistic. our garbage and couple of 2nd rounders in a weak draft will not get it done.

i would trade anyone but tyuting or blackburn, but i think to be realistic, a package for a talent like spezza would include one of them, or some equivalent.

as an aside, i think spezza's future in ottawa may be stronger now that the sen's flamed out. this should mean martin gets fired, and apparatently, muckler likes spezza and martin does not, so if martin goes and muckler stays, a spezza trade will be even more unlikely.

Closed Thread