HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Schremp gets 1st Career Goal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-13-2009, 11:28 PM
  #76
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,292
vCash: 500
I am slightly amused we have talked more about the goal then NYI fans have

__________________
trying to fend off exwife number 2
45000/010113
GO SHARKS GO
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 11:28 PM
  #77
Ramrod
Happily outscoring
 
Ramrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Schremp since 2000
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I'll agree to disagree, that said I wouldn't want him over Jacques or Stone that's for sure.
Where would he slot in on a healthy team? Ahead of Nilsson? Ahead of Gagner or Cogliano? Not likely.

Ramrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 11:42 PM
  #78
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I'll agree to disagree, that said I wouldn't want him over Jacques or Stone that's for sure.
BBO

Why did Schremp just play his first game in a month for the NYI? he has not been injured and he was not sent down?

NYI were hurting for players--yet Schremp still did not make the line up

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 11:49 PM
  #79
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,292
vCash: 500
On a side note I see no one has mentioned yet that Brodziuk has 4goals and 12 assists with the wild

while I liked him--it was time for a change in the bottom 6 and someone had to go

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 06:23 AM
  #80
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,375
vCash: 500
Glad to see it and hope he does well. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 08:49 AM
  #81
PrinceEdwardOiler
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Charlottetown
Country: Canada
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
I noticed Maclean say this too. Which is weird considering this was only Schremps 2nd game back after being a healthy scratch for 11 games and 21 of the past 24 games.

He played 9:30 in his first game back, and 10:47 tonight. I don't know who Maclean thought he was talking about, but it wasn't Rob Schremp.

But whatever, good for Robbie. Nice to see
I would guess that a lot of what Ron McLean says he hears from his ear-piece. It was probably just a spaz on a producers statsheet. Ever notice how confused he looks sometimes?

Anyway, I thought for sure he(Shremp) scored as an Oiler. What was his 'big show' preformance under MacT? Did he only get assists?

PrinceEdwardOiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 11:23 AM
  #82
Antidote
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Scotland
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
BBO

Why did Schremp just play his first game in a month for the NYI? he has not been injured and he was not sent down?

NYI were hurting for players--yet Schremp still did not make the line up
It is kind of interesting why he sat for so long yet wasn't sent to Bridgeport. (Coach) Gordon was quoted today as "seeing a lot of potential out of Schremp and wants to keep him in the mix".

Who knows whether the Isles see him as a cheap insurance policy against injury or part of the group they're evaluating to take forward past this season. The poster above was sure correct, though - this board is a lot more interested than the Isles board.

Another excerpt from this morning:

Schremp Gets a Look (and Dance Review): The head coach on Rob Schremp, from the waiver wire to the press box to the power play: “His skill is exceptional. We want to take advantage of that.”

The coach on Schremp’s excitable reaction on Saturday after his first NHL goal: “If I didn’t know, I would have thought it was planned. It was well-orchestrated.”


Last edited by Antidote: 12-14-2009 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Add quotes
Antidote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 11:31 AM
  #83
YoungGuns
The Taylor Hall Show
 
YoungGuns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton,Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,601
vCash: 132
man i so happy for him but i cant say iwasnt happy when we let him go but i was even happier when he got picked up heres to a good nhl season for robbie schremp all the best

YoungGuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 11:37 AM
  #84
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Good job Robbie. At this pace you will pass Gretzkys records after successfully completeing 100 NHL seasons.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 11:43 AM
  #85
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rprice92 View Post
good. i'm glad. hope he continues and proves himself to the haters
Not sure he is making much of a case if any to prove himself to the haters, lol.


Last edited by RKD: 12-14-2009 at 02:07 PM. Reason: didn't need that
Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 11:45 AM
  #86
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
He was talking about Omark, not Schremp.

And Omark is not a youtube sensation, he's been putting up a ton of points in the last two years, and we happen to get highlights of all those points. Schremp's youtube thing was the lacrosse goals. Mikhnov had one video where he looked good, but nothing else. Omark is not comparable to the two.
This is a pretty fair assessment.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 11:53 AM
  #87
Stoneman89
Registered User
 
Stoneman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
What that Schremp would be producing the same for cheaper? The +/- doesn't mean much as Comrie wasn't in for most of our rough patches. Besides Schremp might have been here for more than 1 year. Personally I don't see why many have such a hard on against the kid, but hey whatever works. He also didn't have the benefit of spending an entire preseason on a set line.


Actually, what I find unbelievable is the amount of hard on's FOR him on here. He's moved on, people. You should too.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 12:19 PM
  #88
Master Lok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 6,631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Makes a lot more sense to root FOR a prospect of your club than against no?
Strange. I'm pretty sure that you weren't exactly happy with other Oiler prospects getting promoted. e.g. Reddox.

Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 12:23 PM
  #89
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
Actually, what I find unbelievable is the amount of hard on's FOR him on here. He's moved on, people. You should too.
Did I start the thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
Strange. I'm pretty sure that you weren't exactly happy with other Oiler prospects getting promoted. e.g. Reddox.
He didn't deserve it.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 12:32 PM
  #90
Stoneman89
Registered User
 
Stoneman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,927
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Bryanbryoil;22646334]Did I start the thread?


No, you showed great restraint.


However, I knew you wouldn't be able to resist jumping in with both feet once it got going.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 02:03 PM
  #91
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Did I start the thread?



He didn't deserve it.
From what Schremp has shown at the NHL level so far and the AHL at the time, he didn't either.

This is good news because I thought we could have had an legitimate argument.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 03:45 PM
  #92
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
From what Schremp has shown at the NHL level so far and the AHL at the time, he didn't either.

This is good news because I thought we could have had an legitimate argument.
What is Reddox doing now in the AHL? Odd that all 3 players that I felt were better than him when he was called up last year (Schremp, Brule, and Potulny) are all in the NHL right now while Liam is in the AHL.

Reddox didn't deserve it or earn it, that is why I was pissed then and still would be today. I also said that later on in the year that Stone was better and guess what? Stone is up and Reddox isn't. Further more I'd have Linglet up before Reddox.

I'm not in here to start ****, but I'm not listening to bull**** either. Fact is that he didn't show enough to earn a spot on this club, fact is that he has enough talent to keep him on an NHL team (one that isn't the worst in the NHL BTW), fact is that he might still become an NHL player. Fact is that Reddox is crapping the bed in Springfield and I don't hear a peep about it from all of those that thought that he was going to be something special.

I was wrong about Schremp, however I can be man enough to admit it, why can't others admit that they were wrong about Reddox and that others deserved his ice last year?

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 03:47 PM
  #93
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,663
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Stoneman89;22646486]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Did I start the thread?


No, you showed great restraint.


However, I knew you wouldn't be able to resist jumping in with both feet once it got going.
When I see people feeling the need to start **** I'll always be there. As much crap as I get about being wrong about Robbie to this point I have also stood behind Jacques, Stone, Brule, Deslauriers, and others when many thought that they were crap.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 04:04 PM
  #94
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
What is Reddox doing now in the AHL? Odd that all 3 players that I felt were better than him when he was called up last year (Schremp, Brule, and Potulny) are all in the NHL right now while Liam is in the AHL.

Reddox didn't deserve it or earn it, that is why I was pissed then and still would be today. I also said that later on in the year that Stone was better and guess what? Stone is up and Reddox isn't. Further more I'd have Linglet up before Reddox.
Honestly now Bryan, give me you honest opinion. If it wasn't for contract/waiver situations either this year or last. Do you honestly think this would still be or would have been the case? Can you at least admit that that probably played into the situation playing out unfavourably in your opinion?

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 04:21 PM
  #95
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Honestly now Bryan, give me you honest opinion. If it wasn't for contract/waiver situations either this year or last. Do you honestly think this would still be or would have been the case? Can you at least admit that that probably played into the situation playing out unfavourably in your opinion?
Not for Potulny and Schremp, Brule would be the only one that it may have affected. It played out unfavorably because this is the type of player that MacT wanted on his club. That said many were saying that Reddox was better than all of those other players and I said BS.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 04:27 PM
  #96
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Not for Potulny and Schremp, Brule would be the only one that it may have affected. It played out unfavorably because this is the type of player that MacT wanted on his club. That said many were saying that Reddox was better than all of those other players and I said BS.
What I meant is that reddox got the call last year over Brule due to him having to go on waivers. Reddox did paly fairly well in his call. So why would the Oilers all of a sudden say, you know what Potulny is a better palyer and eventhough Reddox has been givign us everything we have expected we needed to get Ryan up here. Schremp was never called because well he sucked.

As you stated Potulny might not have been affected as much by waivers but he did have a short window only that allowed him to be called up for until he had to go back on waivers.

As for this season the only reason Schremp isn't in the minors was because he would have to go on waivers.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 04:33 PM
  #97
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
What I meant is that reddox got the call last year over Brule due to him having to go on waivers. Reddox did paly fairly well in his call. So why would the Oilers all of a sudden say, you know what Potulny is a better palyer and eventhough Reddox has been givign us everything we have expected we needed to get Ryan up here. Schremp was never called because well he sucked.

As you stated Potulny might not have been affected as much by waivers but he did have a short window only that allowed him to be called up for until he had to go back on waivers.

As for this season the only reason Schremp isn't in the minors was because he would have to go on waivers.
Well Reddox has to go through waivers and wasn't claimed, what does that mean? Besides Reddox finished the year with the club so if they kept up Brule or Potulny all year it wouldn't have mattered. Fact of the matter is that they kept the wrong guy up, how is he doing this year in Springfield BTW?

He's simply not that good. Apparently other NHL teams know that as well as he wasn't claimed this year.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 04:38 PM
  #98
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,663
vCash: 500
Reddox, 13th in team scoring worst in +/-, yeah he's a beauty!

21gp. 4-2-6 -11 4pim. 2PPG

What? He can't score at ES? He can't come out even against strong competition?

For all of the crap the Reddox lovers threw at Schremp last year while Reddox was sheltered from the **** show that was the '08-09 Falcons because he was MacT's towel boy, they are getting it this season and none are saying a ****ing peep.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 04:59 PM
  #99
FalconFan4life
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,071
vCash: 500
I can attest that Liam Reddox hasn't been a factor in Springfield this season,he has played in 21 games in the AHL this season of which 12 were home games that i attended.He only showed up in (4) of those games and had some impact in those (4) games.I can only remember (1) goal he scored for Springfield this season that he gave 100% effort in at home.

I liked Liam in Springfield last season,but was very suprized he got called up by Edmonton when he did.This season he has been a ghost and he has recently been playing with Geoff Paukovich & Ryan MacMurchy,as of late he has been seeing some PP & PK work as i believe Daum is trying to get him in the mix scoring some goals adding some offense which he has been lacking this season.To me, imho it seems like Liam is just going thru the motions expecting a callup instead of earning it!

FalconFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 05:17 PM
  #100
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,292
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Bryanbryoil;22649961]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post

When I see people feeling the need to start **** I'll always be there. As much crap as I get about being wrong about Robbie to this point I have also stood behind Jacques, Stone, Brule, Deslauriers, and others when many thought that they were crap.
you've stood remind Brule???

how was your time on the leaf board?

U stood behind Brule--only to push him in front of a train

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.