HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Drury Has 2 Friggin Goals - ONE Goal in last 26 Games

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2009, 01:36 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Damn because I got so worked up over this and chatting on here I forgot to bid on an auction on Ebay for a gift. My wife reminded me three times this morning too.

I'm friggin dead.

She should waive you and take the cap hit

Old
12-14-2009, 01:37 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Damn because I got so worked up over this and chatting on here I forgot to bid on an auction on Ebay for a gift. My wife reminded me three times this morning too.

I'm friggin dead.

You got outbid. There ya go. Just make sure she doesn't see the bidding history and you're fine.

Old
12-14-2009, 01:37 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
If he's here just to make a paycheck he should've never been given the "C" and it should be ripped off his sweater ASAP!
Torts would have almost certainly done that already if Drury was actually the uncaring/paycheck seeking piece of **** many have portrayed him to be on this thread.

Old
12-14-2009, 01:39 PM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:

I'm friggin dead.
Yikes. Good luck with that.

Old
12-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Why didn't Hank take less?
He shouldn't have to nor be expected to. I'm sure you could say the same for Drury. I guess the difference is that Hank's contributions to this team in the last 4 years justify that pay. Nothing Drury has done here or in Buffalo justifies what he's getting paid for here. A lot of the blame goes to Sather, but Drury shouldn't get off scott free either.

Old
12-14-2009, 01:41 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
He shouldn't have to nor be expected to. I'm sure you could say the same for Drury. I guess the difference is that Hank's contributions to this team in the last 4 years justify that pay. Nothing Drury has done here or in Buffalo justifies what he's getting paid for here. A lot of the blame goes to Sather, but Drury shouldn't get off scott free either.
Welcome to the world of free agency.

12-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Crease

Drury reminds me of Chad Pennington. Likable guy, coaches love him, not going to win a championship with him (with that contract).

Old
12-14-2009, 01:42 PM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
She should waive you and take the cap hit
well played sir.

Old
12-14-2009, 01:42 PM
RangerBlueJay*

Quote:

I'm friggin dead.

Auction Sentry, worth every penny.

Old
12-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlueJay View Post
Sorry but, the poop needs to be cleaned out of the kennel now, because its stinking up the joint. The sooner the better is how I see it. Otherwise, everyone winds up walking around smelling like poop.

O wait..
Your analogy is gross and inaccurate. If we buy Drury out the "stink" you speak of sticks around for longer. It's going to take at least the length of Drury's contract for our kids to mature anyway. Once that happens I'd like to have the max amount of cap room available to add pieces to put us over the top.
It sounds strange, but Drury's contract is not hurting us as badly as it could be since we do not have the young core assembled necessary to contend as of yet. Most of our top prospects are either rookies or are a year or two away from the NHL. Dury, Rozsival, and Kotalik's contracts will all be gone pretty much exactly when we're ready to contend if they play this right.

Argh, I have finals to study for. Blech.

Old
12-14-2009, 01:51 PM
RangerBlueJay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Your analogy is gross and inaccurate. If we buy Drury out the "stink" you speak of sticks around for longer. It's going to take at least the length of Drury's contract for our kids to mature anyway. Once that happens I'd like to have the max amount of cap room available to add pieces to put us over the top.
It sounds strange, but Drury's contract is not hurting us as badly as it could be since we do not have the young core assembled necessary to contend as of yet. Most of our top prospects are either rookies or are a year or two away from the NHL. Dury, Rozsival, and Kotalik's contracts will all be gone pretty much exactly when we're ready to contend if they play this right.

Disagree.. You need your kids surrounded by the best possible influence they can get.. I don't see that with him since he's been here, the same can be said for Redden.

Old
12-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post

Feels like we've been saying this for years.

Old
12-14-2009, 01:55 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Disagree.. You need your kids surrounded by the best possible influence they can get.. I don't see that with him since he's been here, the same can be said for Redden.
Isn't it funny that two coaches different though they might be have stuck with him as their captain.

Old
12-14-2009, 01:58 PM
RangerBlueJay*

Quote:
Isn't it funny that two coaches different though they might be have stuck with him as their captain.
Ignorance is bliss, they both left me a lot of times scratching my head, nothings changed there.

Old
12-14-2009, 02:02 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Ignorance is bliss, they both left me a lot of times scratching my head, nothings changed there.
Or, maybe the know more, see more and are in a better position to make an informed decision than you are

Old
12-14-2009, 02:07 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

i cannot seperate drury from his contract. i simply cannot. he an rozy are simply killing this team. when your highest paid players are your worst players you end up with well........ us.

any talk of his contributions must be relative to his cost.

just for the heck of it, the way i see it, capt cash and his 2 goals gets to cash a check for something like $51,219 per game- based on an 82 game season and no playoffs......

assuming he pays @ 40% taxes.

$51,219 per game

hes just slightly overpaid for his contribution.

Old
12-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16
If he's here just to make a paycheck he should've never been given the "C" and it should be ripped off his sweater ASAP!

That is an unsubstantiated comment.
Which is why I said IF

Old
12-14-2009, 02:12 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
i cannot seperate drury from his contract. i simply cannot. he an rozy are simply killing this team. when your highest paid players are your worst players you end up with well........ us.
Drury is fair from the worst player on this team.

Quote:
any talk of his contributions must be relative to his cost.
Again, go back to Hank. Has he been 400% better than his first two seasons?

Quote:
just for the heck of it, the way i see it, capt cash and his 2 goals gets to cash a check for something like $51,219 per game- based on an 82 game season and no playoffs......

assuming he pays @ 40% taxes.

$51,219 per game

hes just slightly overpaid for his contribution.
Professional athletes are wildly, grossly and offensively overpaid. In other news, water is wet.

Old
12-14-2009, 02:17 PM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
Dear god, you just cant let that go can you?

His play was CERTAINLY 400% better than his salary at that point in his career, and he probably would have been offersheeted more had he allowed it to go that far.

Weird, he took less money and is paid fairly. But keep comparing him to Drury, its really helping your case.

Old
12-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamoTheKid View Post

His play was CERTAINLY 400% better than his salary at that point in his career, and he probably would have been offersheeted more had he allowed it to go that far.

Weird, he took less money and is paid fairly. But keep comparing him to Drury, its really helping your case.
You just helped SBOB's case though, if Henke was on the open market, yes, he wouldve 'allowed' his pricetag to go up alot more than what he got paid as a RFA.

And its also funny you telling someone they 'cant let it go'

Old
12-14-2009, 02:22 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LamoTheKid View Post

He took less money? And we know this how?

The fact is he's not playing any better making this kind of money than he did his first two seasons.

People talk about hoe overpaid Drury is and he needs to do more because of his salary. But the fact is, in his first two seasons here, he basically matched what would his average season despite being a third line center.

So, if he's being judge by his salary and he needs to do more, why can't the same be said about Hank?

Old
12-14-2009, 02:31 PM
LamoTheKid

Quote:
He took less money? And we know this how?

The fact is he's not playing any better making this kind of money than he did his first two seasons.

People talk about hoe overpaid Drury is and he needs to do more because of his salary. But the fact is, in his first two seasons here, he basically matched what would his average season despite being a third line center.

So, if he's being judge by his salary and he needs to do more, why can't the same be said about Hank?
Because average for Drury is not equal to 7.2 mil. But average for Hank IS worth 6.5 million. Ive said this over and over again to you, but you still come back with the same point?

He didn't take less money per se, ok, fine I'm speculating. But you're telling me, hank as an RFA wouldn't fetch 7 mil plus in order for another team to have a shot at him? Anything less and hank makes what, .3-.4 mil more than he makes now. You hit the 7 whatever plus that a team offers and the Rangers might say **** it and take the 3 1st round picks. So, ok, let me rephrase, THEORETICALLY Hank might have taken less money by being extended instead of hitting RFA.

Old
12-14-2009, 02:36 PM
RangerBlueJay*

Quote:
Or, maybe the know more, see more and are in a better position to make an informed decision than you are
Hey even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes, I would HOPE they have better info then what I see or read. Like I said earlier, you can't scratch or waive the Captain of your team, if only to save face as an organization. It would be media frenzy and quite disastrous.

Trade Scott Gomez, sure no problem because it was smart and do-able. Keeping things hush hush for Chris Drury, in hopes that people will forget about him, priceless.

Old
12-14-2009, 02:42 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Drury is fair from the worst player on this team.

Professional athletes are wildly, grossly and offensively overpaid. In other news, water is wet.
derek jeter is overpaid but he earns it.

tom brady overpaid. earns it.

kobi bryant. same. earns it.

sid crosby. ditto. earns it.

chris drury. yup. not so much.

Old
12-14-2009, 02:46 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
derek jeter is overpaid but he earns it.

tom brady overpaid. earns it.

kobi bryant. same. earns it.

sid crosby. ditto. earns it.

chris drury. yup. not so much.
They're all paid to play a game.

Closed Thread