HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jeff Carter and others available

Old
12-13-2009, 01:57 PM
ReVeuF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Aveuglette View Post
Not trolling here, but I find it bizarre how so many Habs fans underestimate Halak's value. I watch a lot of Habs games and he's just as good as Price is, minus the hype and the "potential". A lot of teams don't even have a #1 goalie that is as good or consistent as Halak is, and would certainly give up a top-6 forward straight up to acquire him.

Maybe not a top line guy, but a second liner such as Giroux is quite realistic imo.
I think the same

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 01:58 PM
One Trick Pony

this wouldn't even work on nhl 10..

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 01:59 PM
puzzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
So what is your value for Giroux... Lay it on us.

Halak plus what.
You should target JVR instead of Giroux. JVR is almost as good and may be even better one day, and would cost you less. To be honnest, I'm pretty sure that Giroux won't be traded.

puzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 01:59 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
this wouldn't even work on nhl 10..
Nope but if you tried Halak+Pacioretty+Picks the message from the Philly GM would go something like "We'd have to be crazy not accept this offer"

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 02:00 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHartnell19 View Post
You should target JVR instead of Giroux. JVR is almost as good and may be even better one day, and would cost you less. To be honnest, I'm pretty sure that Giroux won't be traded.
That's fine, JVR I am down with. What will it cost?

Old
12-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Simply not true, and even if it was, he's still an unproven backup goalie, and that won't get you Giroux.
Well, DeSerres (is he even Flyers property anymore?) and Riopel have been garbage so far.

So unless you're telling me that 28-year old European goalie (Backlund?) is better than Halak, who is better than Halak?

Boucher? Emery?

I dunno man. I don't think you can really make a point.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Stradale

Like i said in the other thread, unless we get a real big top 6 forward, i wouldnt risk to trade Halak.

But if the Flyers are willing to take Laraque with Halak and give us one of their top 6 forward, Im all for it.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

The OP's proposal is...

Chris Cutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 02:02 PM
puzzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Well you live in Quebec and obviously hate the Habs so it's only normal, you UNDERATE the Habs players. How are things going in the city of brotherly love on the hockey side ?
I don't hate the habs...in fact, I'd want Halak, and I watch every habs games. Goalies just don't carry a lot of value...and Halak has played well, but he has never proven anything. There are a lot of great young goalies such as Harding, Schneider, etc. If the habs ask for Giroux, flyers will look somewhere else...

Old
12-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Jeff Carter (46 goal scorer from last season) and others like Staal and Mueller are available.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hoc...37436-sun.html

I know it's Bruce Garrioch, but Jeff Carter is exactly what we need on this team!

Jeff Carter
Center
Born Jan 1 1985 -- London, ONT
Height 6.03 -- Weight 193 -- Shoots R

My proposal and the reasons wh it works is:

To Philadelphia:

Jaroslav Halak + Maxime Lapierre + 4th round draft pick (Anaheim)

Why: Philadelphia needs a goalie and goaltending depth, Maxim Lapierre can replace carter in the top 6 or 9 and we give them the 4th round draft pick as a bonus.

To Montreal:

Jeff Carter + Nicola Riopel

Why: We need a top 6 BIG forward that can score and Nicola Riopel is a Quebec born young goaltender than can replace our goaltending depth with the loss of Halak while Sanford backs up Price.
You really think the Flyers are on the verge of giving up Jeff Carter just because he's off to a bad start? That's doubtful. Besides, the package you propose is almost insulting. Maxim Lapierre?! A 4th round draft pick?! Jaroslav Halak as their #1 goaltender? If Emery snaps out of his funk, he's better than Halak. And you think the Flyers show throw in a prospect as well?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 02:05 PM
puzzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post
Well, DeSerres (is he even Flyers property anymore?) and Riopel have been garbage so far.

So unless you're telling me that 28-year old European goalie (Backlund?) is better than Halak, who is better than Halak?

Boucher? Emery?

I dunno man. I don't think you can really make a point.
Before getting injured, Emery was really good. He was top 10 in the league in both GAA and S%. He's played really well this season even if you think otherwise and has already brought the sens in the conference finals. In fact, if it wasn't for Emery's injury, we wouldn't even be looking for a goalie.

Old
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
I don't hate the habs...in fact, I'd want Halak, and I watch every habs games. Goalies just don't carry a lot of value...and Halak has played well, but he has never proven anything. There are a lot of great young goalies such as Harding, Schneider, etc. If the habs ask for Giroux, flyers will look somewhere else...
We are looking at top 6 talent across the board, from what I hear.

Likely candidates IMO are likely Hartnell, Giroux and JVR...

Old
korky00

Ok.Some people here need to realize that we're not gonna get players like Carter for our scrumbs.

If something is really bound to happen with Carter...I could maybe see something like Staal VS Carter straght up ala Hossa Vs Heatley.

Carter is going to cost a lot...and I mean a lot! No halak/MAxPac/dagostini or whatever ...look what we got for Latendresse who was, before traded, a Power Forward and a sniper and a physical player according to some posters here. We got Benoit Pouliot for him...and sorry but he's years from being Carter-like.

korky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Before getting injured, Emery was really good. He was top 10 in the league in both GAA and S%. He's played really well this season even if you think otherwise and has already brought the sens in the conference finals. In fact, if it wasn't for Emery's injury, we wouldn't even be looking for a goalie.
He's also on a 1-year deal. Unless they got great confidence they can get him re-signed, you're banking on who in the near future?

Old
12-13-2009, 02:08 PM
puzzle

Quote:
That's fine, JVR I am down with. What will it cost?
flyers fan probably wouldn't agree with me, but I'd ask for Halak and a great prospect like Weber or Subban...

Old
12-13-2009, 02:08 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
How can you even compare the 2, please explain? By the way Huet was a UFA.
I will be anticipating this one.
i was trying to shine light on the worth of goalies in the trade market. Huet was good for us, very good and i do realise that he did not have his place with our team because of price. But trying to say that halak could be a center piece of a trade to get carter....i personaly just dont see it.

shamrun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 02:09 PM
gionta4life

Didn't Philly just sign John Grahme too? Is that a minor league move or will he be the backup to Boucher until Emery gets back?

gionta4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

I don't know what makes me laugh more...the OP's proposal or the fact that fans are "negociating" to see what trade could happen.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 02:10 PM
puzzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post
He's also on a 1-year deal. Unless they got great confidence they can get him re-signed, you're banking on who in the near future?
Well, we'll see this summer, but there are a lot of young goalies in this league that are backups beacause they are playing behind really great goalies, like Scheider in Vancouver and Harding in Minnesota. We'll probably resign Emery, or trade for a goalie like Halak or Harding...but not at the cost of Giroux or Carter.

Old
12-13-2009, 02:11 PM
gionta4life

Quote:
flyers fan probably wouldn't agree with me, but I'd ask for Halak and a great prospect like Weber or Subban...
So hold on, you'd want Halak and Subban for JVR, but by your own words, you said Giroux was more valuable?

gionta4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Well, we'll see this summer, but there are a lot of young goalies in this league that are backups beacause they are playing behind really great goalies, like Scheider in Vancouver and Harding in Minnesota. We'll probably resign Emery, or trade for a goalie like Halak or Harding...but not at the cost of Giroux or Carter.
I don't see many assets the Flyers can give up for such a goalie, not that I disagree with your assessment of the situation.

And then again, when you bring in Pronger at the price he had, I don't know how much time they can afford to lose without a solid starter (since Emery is out for a while).

Old
12-13-2009, 02:13 PM
puzzle

Quote:
We are looking at top 6 talent across the board, from what I hear.

Likely candidates IMO are likely Hartnell, Giroux and JVR...
Hartnell has a no-trade clause, but if he agrees to wave it, he could be traded. JVR also but for a great return. As for Giroux, it's pretty unlikely. I think that Giroux will probably replace Gagne because they won't have the money to resign him.

Old
12-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
OP, i think you could sweeten the deal by promising to never become a Flyer's fan. I don't think they'd enjoy you

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2009, 02:16 PM
puzzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gionta4life View Post
So hold on, you'd want Halak and Subban for JVR, but by your own words, you said Giroux was more valuable?
Yeah, and except on this habs board, most of hockey fans would agree with me. JVR is a 2nd overall pick and is having a really strong season in his rookie campaign.

Old
12-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Clumsyhab

I want JVR! Halak + D'Agostini + Weber, I'd do it. I think that JVR favorite team growing up was the Habs, let the kid play for his favorite team.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote